New Investor At Town

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Anglo-Saxon

New Investor At Town

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:57 am

Bought in with 15% of the shares.

Could some one with the know explain how much he might of paid into the club??????

Phil

Re: New Investor At Town

Post by Phil » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:01 pm

Anglo-Saxon wrote:Bought in with 15% of the shares.

Could some one with the know explain how much he might of paid into the club??????
15% of the shares so to hazard a guess..... about £9.62 give or take a few pence.

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:07 pm

Phil wrote:

15% of the shares so to hazard a guess..... about £9.62 give or take a few pence.
They could of held out for a round tenner!!!!!!! LOL

toby

Post by toby » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:08 pm

Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Phil wrote:

I don't think Pavorotti was interested...

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:10 pm

toby wrote:
Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Phil wrote: 15% of the shares so to hazard a guess..... about £9.62 give or take a few pence.
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

Post by Tim » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:12 pm

toby wrote:
Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Phil wrote: 15% of the shares so to hazard a guess..... about £9.62 give or take a few pence.
ROFL PMSL

What a quality joke :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jus

Post by Jus » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:13 pm

I've heard about 500k.

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:18 pm

All to be explained on Radio Suffolk in a few mins

Kheffan

Post by Kheffan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:56 pm

toby wrote:
Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Tobes . your holiday hasn't blunted your wit.......... top stuff.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:10 pm

Ipswich Town Football Club today announced that Michael Anderson is to join the board of directors.

Mr Anderson, 52, is the Group President of Flairford, a company that supplies pharmaceutical products to health organisations and institutions across America.

Commenting on the appointment, Ipswich Town Football Club Chairman David Sheepshanks said: "I am very pleased to welcome Michael as a Director.He is an experienced businessman who has built a successful organisation in the USA and with his skills he will make a valuable contribution to Board.

"He has also made a substantial investment to the value of 15% of the company, within the limits agreed with shareholders.

"The new arrangement that has, after many months of work, been finalised with our three main lenders, provides us with a strong platform from which to mount a concerted campaign to be promoted back to the Premiership over a three season period.

"It enable us to build on our existing squad of fine young players without financial pressure to sell and it makes us more attractive with regard to investment in the Club going forward.

Michael Anderson
Michael Anderson

"The new arrangement with our lenders was pivotal in attracting this new investment from Michael and other existing shareholders that have also increased their stake.These investments have facilitated the purchase of Alan Lee from Cardiff City today."

During the past three years Mr Anderson has spent much of his time in Tampa, Florida where he is a season ticket holder of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but has recently returned to his North Essex home with his wife and two young daughters.

Speaking of his appointment to the ITFC board Michael Anderson said: "It is a great thrill to be asked to join the board of a club whose fortunes I have followed closely for many years now.

"Up to a couple of months ago I had never met David Sheepshanks or Derek Bowden. However, I have been greatly impressed by their vision and energy and I am looking forward to working, along with my fellow directors, to help continue the excellent work that is already being done to get this Club back to the top flight."
There was me thinking it was Rossi :wink:

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Plus two existing investors have investet even more into the club, they did not release their names though, they did however say one of them is on the board.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:19 pm

"The new arrangement with our lenders was pivotal in attracting this new investment from Michael and other existing shareholders that have also increased their stake.These investments have facilitated the purchase of Alan Lee from Cardiff City today."
Another misleading statement, so what happened to the Bent money? :roll:

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Just seen the Anglia News, obviously focusing on Lee signing, but Sheepshanks mentioned now how we dont have to sell no one, and we can do a "Reading", and invest in area's when we need to.

It sounds good, and things i hope are looking up..are we finally turning the corner? :roll:

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:07 am

ITFC10 wrote:Just seen the Anglia News, obviously focusing on Lee signing, but Sheepshanks mentioned now how we dont have to sell no one, and we can do a "Reading", and invest in area's when we need to.

It sounds good, and things i hope are looking up..are we finally turning the corner? :roll:

i´ll believe it when I see it.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:51 am

phily bon bon wrote:
ITFC10 wrote:Just seen the Anglia News, obviously focusing on Lee signing, but Sheepshanks mentioned now how we dont have to sell no one, and we can do a "Reading", and invest in area's when we need to.

i´ll believe it when I see it.
Have to agree with PBB - I have read so many funky statements from the sheepshanks camp this morning that I just take everything with a huge handful of salt.

No doubt all this news and signings will coincide with something soon - season ticket renewels etc etc. He has done it before and no doubt he will do it again.

I would hardly say we are on the same terms as reading - far from it. And he has already stated that we don't to sell any players until 2008 - which means we need to get promotion NEXT SEASON!!! That is the only way we will then be able to afford to keep the future stars of this club.

Whilst I feel we could be better equiped to challenge for honours next season we still have some way to go to be as good as reading.

So as PBB said - I will believe it - when I see it!!!

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:25 am

Yeah i agree with the fact, that if we dont get promoted then all these youngsters in the end are gonna wanna leave, so by Sheepshanks saying we dont have to sell Youngsters untill 2008 is really just saying if we dont go up, there gonna wanna leave anyway.

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:31 am

Don't worry, as soon as Reading get relegated from the Prem and Madjeski leaves (which he has publicly said he will) they will be in bigger doo doo then us (if that's possible)

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:36 am

Ojc wrote:Don't worry, as soon as Reading get relegated from the Prem and Madjeski leaves (which he has publicly said he will) they will be in bigger doo doo then us (if that's possible)
No where near dear friend!!!

They don't have the debt of a £30million stadium develop tied round their necks - or over drafts or any other loans!!!

Plus if they are prudent they will actually be better off. All this if they went up and came straight back down again. Then they will also have the benefit of parachute payments for a few seasons!!!

So even with Madjeski leaving and pulling his funding Reading are in a good position financially and footballing wise to not get sucked into a mess - plus they actually have a manager with some talent!!

Munty

Post by Munty » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:52 am

Low turn out for FA Cup = Panic by Sheephead.

writing is on the wall for next seasons ticket sales, sounds like all the right things being said again... just like this time last year (Currie signing, Bent not for sale etc......)

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:55 am

two other shareholders - including one director - have increased their stake.

“These investments have facilitated the purchase of Alan Lee.............

if this is true than 15% of the club cost these people 100,000 pounds plus wages.....agent fee and whatever else that goes into transfers....joe must really be jealous of harry redknapp now...as harry is playing fantasy footy and joe is playing cash in the attic....

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:00 am

Bluebird wrote:
Another misleading statement, so what happened to the Bent money? :roll:
At the AGM we were told that we hadn't recieved all the money for Bent or Davis, apparently this is normal practise that the fee doesn't come straight away. Also its 15% of what the clubs worth and thats around 6.5Mill so its not an awfull lot but better than nothing. Intrestingly we have another millionaire on the board.....Holly Bellingham, maybe she has added to the investment.

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:07 am

the-mole wrote:
Ojc wrote:Don't worry, as soon as Reading get relegated from the Prem and Madjeski leaves (which he has publicly said he will) they will be in bigger doo doo then us (if that's possible)
No where near dear friend!!!

They don't have the debt of a £30million stadium develop tied round their necks - or over drafts or any other loans!!!

Plus if they are prudent they will actually be better off. All this if they went up and came straight back down again. Then they will also have the benefit of parachute payments for a few seasons!!!

So even with Madjeski leaving and pulling his funding Reading are in a good position financially and footballing wise to not get sucked into a mess - plus they actually have a manager with some talent!!
Sssshhhh, don't tell me this, you made me even sadder :(

From the rumblings around Reading, Richard Branson might take over from Madjeski.

edo_blue

Post by edo_blue » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:03 pm

Bluebird wrote: I have been greatly impressed by their vision
Utter b*llsh*t.

airliner

Post by airliner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:36 am

Just to let you know Madjeski owns the stadium so they dont that have that as an asset if they come back down.We are 30 million in debt but over a long 25 year period like a mortgage so its not all doom and gloom.For god sakes lets try and be a little more optimistic i do think we are turning the corner slowly.Hope for a win tomorrow.we need some good news.

airliner

Post by airliner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:36 am

Just to let you know Madjeski owns the stadium so they dont that have that as an asset if they come back down.We are 30 million in debt but over a long 25 year period like a mortgage so its not all doom and gloom.For god sakes lets try and be a little more optimistic i do think we are turning the corner slowly.Hope for a win tomorrow.we need some good news.