Come on let's be having you !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

burgesshillblue

Come on let's be having you !

Post by burgesshillblue » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:22 am

Everybody down to Portman Road on Saturday to support the new young blues and make so much noise that Warnock will be trembling with fear. I shall be taking my binoculars to see the look on his face when Town go 3up. I really do have a good feeling about Saturday so let's make it a bumper gate.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:53 am

You might have a good feeling, but i can see Lee getting stick if he doesnt score or perform the way the fans want him to, just like parkin, who was expected to bang in 2 goals a game from balls just lumped in his general direction

the signing of Lee and the new contracts that have been offered and signed has taken a lot of the heat off of BFJ, great PR by the club to take BFJ out of the firing line for a while

its funny that BFJ has had to play the kids because of injuries and suspensions, forced on him because he would never of done it unless he had to, but could be the best thing thats happened to the club since he's been here

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:52 am

I watch neighbours wrote:You might have a good feeling, but i can see Lee getting stick if he doesnt score or perform the way the fans want him to, just like parkin, who was expected to bang in 2 goals a game from balls just lumped in his general direction

the signing of Lee and the new contracts that have been offered and signed has taken a lot of the heat off of BFJ, great PR by the club to take BFJ out of the firing line for a while

its funny that BFJ has had to play the kids because of injuries and suspensions, forced on him because he would never of done it unless he had to, but could be the best thing thats happened to the club since he's been here
I just hope that he sticks with them because if he does then we will have a good young squad with experience for next season (yes i have written off this season!) ohhh i'm feeling better already!! :lol:

Aluren

Post by Aluren » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:56 am

I think we can do them if we played like we did at Pompey. Just hope that the fans get behind the whole team like we did then. Lee's very unlikely to hit a hattrick, so don't expect him to.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:42 am

I would like to think that NO FAN of Ipswich would get
on a DEBUT players back.

But I would certainly agree with a previous comment Bluebird
made (I think) which was 'Anything has got to be better than 1 upfront
at Portman Road.

Aluren

Post by Aluren » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:44 am

Agree completely, anything beats playing 4-5-1, and Lee was a good player at Rotherham and looked dangerous while playing for them, so I don't see why his career can't be resurrected.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:33 pm

Riviera wrote:You might have a good feeling, but i can see Lee getting stick if he doesnt score or perform the way the fans want him to, just like parkin, who was expected to bang in 2 goals a game from balls just lumped in his general direction

I have to totally agree with Riv on this one