Surgery for Forster

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Lewis

Surgery for Forster

Post by Lewis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:41 pm

Looks like Forster is gonna need more surgery on his knee now. Absolute bobbins! Forster has been a complete waste of our time, I'd rather we released him now and brought someone else in who would give us minutes on the pitch rather than on the operating table :evil:

Earl Blue

Re: Surgery for Forster

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:45 pm

Lewis wrote:Looks like Forster is gonna need more surgery on his knee now. Absolute bobbins! Forster has been a complete waste of our time, I'd rather we released him now and brought someone else in who would give us minutes on the pitch rather than on the operating table :evil:
Lewis, I feel the same. How long does his contract run for.

I know we cannot blame the player for getting an injury, but
we already new before signing him he was injury prone.

Another Panic signing by Joe.
??

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:49 pm

Lewis wrote:Looks like Forster is gonna need more surgery on his knee now. Absolute bobbins! Forster has been a complete waste of our time, I'd rather we released him now and brought someone else in who would give us minutes on the pitch rather than on the operating table :evil:
To be fair, I dont think he wants to have a buggered knee. His career has pretty much been ruined by injury, I doubt very much he sees it as an easy ride. That said, Joe took a calculated risk with him, and it's blown up in our faces - we essentially brought in 2 strikers, and both turned out as good as useless and now won't feature for the majority of the season.

Lee had better be good!

Mork

Post by Mork » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:50 pm

Earl Blue wrote:

??
Earl, we gave him a 2 year contracts - with hindsight, that looks rather stupid now :(

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:54 pm

Mork wrote:
Earl Blue wrote:

??
Earl, we gave him a 2 year contracts - with hindsight, that looks rather stupid now :(

I thought it was 2 years.. Crazy Crazy Crazy...

And to think ITFC are having to let potential stars of the
future walk because of finances.

Lets hope Alan Lee can become a super Hero at PR. I dont know
about Lees previous playing carer, but we need someone
at Portman road we can sing a song about these days.

Otherwise that song will be come. 'WE HATE JOE'

(Not that a lot dont already)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm

If it's a cartilage problem he will prbably just have an arthroscopy and a "wash out" of the knee. Thats probably why it keeps on swelling up if he has lose bits inside the joint. ....am only guessing ref his actual problem, but if its as I suggested above he may not be out too long - hopefully !!

mind you we have young Haynes with a new strike partner now - so that just might surprise a few !

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:00 pm

i saw Alan Lee at the begining of his career while on loan at Torquay, and he looked very good albeit at a much lower level, he got stuck in and certainly new where the goal was

i personally think he could turn out to be a bit of a Name at Town, simply because of the effort he puts in, and lets be honest we've been starved of that at PR recently

Rotherham fans loved him, but understood they couldnt turn down £800k that cardiff offered for him, theres no reason at all for him not to do the business at PR, just because it didnt work out in taffland dont mean it wont work out at PR

we've got an international player for 100k and only on an 18 month contract, to me thats good business, just hope the fans give the bloke time to settle in

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:05 pm

Talking of contracts anybody else surprised that we offered Lee a 3 and half year deal?
Read an article not so long ago that generally players contracts were getting shorter but with us giving Parkin (a 4 year deal) and Lee long contracts it would seem we might be going against the trend.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Shed On Tour wrote:Talking of contracts anybody else surprised that we offered Lee a 3 and half year deal?
Read an article not so long ago that generally players contracts were getting shorter but with us giving Parkin (a 4 year deal) and Lee long contracts it would seem we might be going against the trend.
i heard Lee had an 18 month contract with an option of a further year??

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:08 pm

Its till 2008 - I think.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:10 pm

Riviera wrote:
Shed On Tour wrote:Talking of contracts anybody else surprised that we offered Lee a 3 and half year deal?
Riv,

Just looked it up on the official site and it says he has signed until the summer of 2008.
I'm sure I read in the EADT it was a 3 and half year deal but probably living with EG has made my memory go a bit!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:13 pm

Shed On Tour wrote:
Riviera wrote:
Riv,

Just looked it up on the official site and it says he has signed until the summer of 2008.
I'm sure I read in the EADT it was a 3 and half year deal but probably living with EG has made my memory go a bit!!!!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

i fully understand mate :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:14 pm

Riviera wrote:
Shed On Tour wrote:
Riviera wrote: i heard Lee had an 18 month contract with an option of a further year??
Riv,

I bet its affected your hearing too! :lol: :wink:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:17 pm

Bluebird wrote:
Riviera wrote:
Shed On Tour wrote: Riv,

I bet its affected your hearing too! :lol: :wink:
BB
What did you say?????????????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:19 pm

Guess where you'll be sleeping Shed??? :lol: :lol:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:20 pm

Mork wrote:
To be fair, I dont think he wants to have a buggered knee. His career has pretty much been ruined by injury, I doubt very much he sees it as an easy ride. That said, Joe took a calculated risk with him, and it's blown up in our faces - we essentially brought in 2 strikers, and both turned out as good as useless and now won't feature for the majority of the season.

Lee had better be good!
I'm not saying Forster wants to be a financial burden on the club. But the fact of the matter he is, and when there's a chance our season could either go the right way or up sh*t creek we need someone other than Lee who is experienced at this level.

I hear Parkin seems to be making good progress which sounds good, but I can't help thinking we missed out on a bargain when Peschisolido left Derby for Preston a few days ago for 50k!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:21 pm

i bet his wages at preston would be a lot more than we could afford, plus he still commutes from Birmingham, even when he was at Sheff Utd

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:39 pm

Riviera wrote:i bet his wages at preston would be a lot more than we could afford, plus he still commutes from Birmingham, even when he was at Sheff Utd
You think his wages will be more than Forsters? Hmmm he was one of Reading's higher wage earners....

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:17 am

Lewis, I can't really agree with you on this. Parkin was unlucky to get injured as badly as he did and he was our top scorer then. He is regarded as a very good prospect for the future and a 4 year contract makes sense assuming that the salary is appropriate for the club.

I think JR always had Forster in mind as someone who would give starts to the youngsters and this is what we are seeing. If he had been injury free we would never have seen Haynes flowering as he is starting to do now. Sure JR wouldn't have planned the injuries but I don't think he would have been worried about occasional absences from the starting 11 either.

2 years isn't so long as next season I think we will continue to benefit from his experience.

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:22 am

Dubai Blue wrote: 2 years isn't so long as next season I think we will continue to benefit from his experience.
We will.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:39 am

Dubai Blue wrote:Lewis, I can't really agree with you on this. Parkin was unlucky to get injured as badly as he did and he was our top scorer then. He is regarded as a very good prospect for the future and a 4 year contract makes sense assuming that the salary is appropriate for the club.

I think JR always had Forster in mind as someone who would give starts to the youngsters and this is what we are seeing. If he had been injury free we would never have seen Haynes flowering as he is starting to do now. Sure JR wouldn't have planned the injuries but I don't think he would have been worried about occasional absences from the starting 11 either.

2 years isn't so long as next season I think we will continue to benefit from his experience.
I think that's a very unprofessional way of being a Manager if that type of attitude is really Royle's. How can you sign a player, knowing that he will be out for x% of the time?! Experience or no experience, we're in a period of time where our club needs consistency.

With injury-prone players coming to the end of their playing days like Forster we will get no consistency with team selection and only gives false hope to the likes of Haynes who will merely be shoved to one side once Forster returns until his next knockback...

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:45 am

Lewis wrote:
Dubai Blue wrote:Lewis, I can't really agree with you on this. Parkin was unlucky to get injured as badly as he did and he was our top scorer then. He is regarded as a very good prospect for the future and a 4 year contract makes sense assuming that the salary is appropriate for the club.

I think that's a very unprofessional way of being a Manager if that type of attitude is really Royle's. How can you sign a player, knowing that he will be out for x% of the time?! Experience or no experience, we're in a period of time where our club needs consistency.

With injury-prone players coming to the end of their playing days like Forster we will get no consistency with team selection and only gives false hope to the likes of Haynes who will merely be shoved to one side once Forster returns until his next knockback...

Very valid point..

I also believe such injuries with Forster will be consistant and
over 2 years we will continue this point until someone wakes
up and realises that the better. If you by a second hand car you will not have the warranty that you would on a newer one and it will
continue to cost you more in the long run in more ways than one.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:52 am

Earl Blue wrote:
Lewis wrote:

Very valid point..

I also believe such injuries with Forster will be consistant and
over 2 years we will continue this point until someone wakes
up and realises that the better.
If you by a second hand car you will not have the warranty that you would on a newer one and it will
continue to cost you more in the long run in more ways than one.

Precisely - It would have been much more efficient for us to look to the lower leagues or even our current league and try and pluck an experienced marksmen who truly earns his wages. Hopefully Alan Lee will at least give us some mileage in that department. But I can't help feeling we need someone else up with him too. Relying on Haynes is a risky business at such a critical period of his development both physically and mentally.

It's clear Forster still has an eye for goal, and would clearly be a first choice front man if he was not severely crocked - and I would also hazard a guess that the injuries could be the reason why no other clubs challenged us for his signature, and why Reading had the foresight to only offer him a 1 year contract to keep him at the Madjeski...