Anderson Apologises

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Anderson Apologises

Post by Dazza » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:18 pm

Ipswich Town investor Michael Anderson has today apologised for any embarrassment he has caused to Town’s fans and board.

Anderson wants to say sorry for not revealing he had been involved with Aldershot and Kettering football clubs, both of which went into financial free fall around the time of his involvement.

Anderson: “I was asked on a number of occasions if I have been involved in football. I did not reveal my brief association with either Aldershot or Kettering because of embarrassment. I didn't want it to jeopardise my position with Ipswich Town. I would like to stress that I have done nothing wrong at these other clubs. Rather, I have personally ended up losing money.

“Of course I regret not having mentioned this. I apologise for any embarrassment caused to David (Sheepshanks, chairman), Derek (Bowden, chief executive), the board and the fans. This was never my intent.

“I love football and felt very privileged to have been asked to join the ITFC Board.

“For the avoidance of doubt, I would like to clarify my position regarding my brief involvement with Aldershot and Kettering.

“In the instance of Aldershot, having followed the fortunes of the club during the early 90's, I approached their chairman and offered to help them. However, after a few months during which I personally financed the players' wages and covered the rent of the ground, following a disagreement with fellow directors over the future of the club, I severed my connections, withdrew my funding and called in the police to investigate the irregularities I uncovered.

“With regard to Kettering Town, following a contact made whilst at Aldershot, I was asked if I would be interested in getting involved with Kettering. In reality my involvement lasted just a number of weeks. Although flattered to be initially asked to join the board, it soon became apparent that all was not well and again I severed my connection with them.

“So in total, my involvement previously in football was brief, and personally disappointing and not without considerable personal expense. And there has never been any suggestion of my being involved in any wrong-doing.

“I have not changed my position with regard to my financial commitments to ITFC. I am a supporter albeit of late a long-distance supporter from the US and Dubai.

“I look forward to seeing the club benefit from this investment in the future.”

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:42 pm

Some people might just think I'm gullable, but I believe him and as far as I'm concerned good luck to the bloke, he sounded nervous as hell in his interview, but credit for going live on the radio and answering the questions he was asked.

Mork

Post by Mork » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:48 pm

Anglo-Saxon wrote:Some people might just think I'm gullable, but I believe him and as far as I'm concerned good luck to the bloke, he sounded nervous as hell in his interview, but credit for going live on the radio and answering the questions he was asked.
Nobodies worried that this guy has a track history of investing clubs that are almost completely f**ked financially (you can see his interest in town), gives em money, gets involved, tries to take over (reading between the lines) - doesn't like being told no, then pulls out leaving the clubs in a worse situation than before???

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:00 pm

Mork wrote:
Anglo-Saxon wrote:Some people might just think I'm gullable, but I believe him and as far as I'm concerned good luck to the bloke, he sounded nervous as hell in his interview, but credit for going live on the radio and answering the questions he was asked.
Nobodies worried that this guy has a track history of investing clubs that are almost completely f**ked financially (you can see his interest in town), gives em money, gets involved, tries to take over (reading between the lines) - doesn't like being told no, then pulls out leaving the clubs in a worse situation than before???
I don't like to put people down with out first knowing the facts, the press love a story were they can pull people down.

He sounded sincear to me, mind you I'v been wrong before, I just hope he proves me right.

One last thing, there are always two sides to a story.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:02 pm

if hes minted why the fook did he bother with poxy little clubs like aldershot and kettering in the 1st place?

personally i wouldnt trust the fooker, as if u forget to mention that uve been involved with 2 clubs that almost go to the wall

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:06 pm

Riviera wrote:if hes minted why the fook did he bother with poxy little clubs like aldershot and kettering in the 1st place?

personally i wouldnt trust the fooker, as if u forget to mention that uve been involved with 2 clubs that almost go to the wall
He never forgot, he just did not tell any one LOL, he admitted that live on the radio.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:09 pm

Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Riviera wrote:if hes minted why the fook did he bother with poxy little clubs like aldershot and kettering in the 1st place?

He never forgot, he just did not tell any one LOL, he admitted that live on the radio.
anglo, hes trying to invest in a football club, how the fook can he forget to mention the other 2 clubs??? its not as if its his 1st time investing in a club, get rid i say, fook off and rip some other club off, we've already got sheepy doing it here :lol:

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:13 pm

Riviera wrote:
Anglo-Saxon wrote:

anglo, hes trying to invest in a football club, how the fook can he forget to mention the other 2 clubs??? its not as if its his 1st time investing in a club, get rid i say, fook off and rip some other club off, we've already got sheepy doing it here :lol:
How the hell does he plan to take it over with 15% of the shares??????

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:19 pm

i never said he was planning to take us over

juist said i dont trust the fooker

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Riviera wrote:i never said he was planning to take us over

juist said i dont trust the fooker
Sorry. I had that in my head from Morks post.

I'll sit back and wait and see what happens, untill then I won't lose any sleep over it LOL

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:52 pm

cheers dazza.

i don't trust the bloke to be honest and i have a feeling there is more to this story than they are letting on

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:02 pm

john_ipsw2 wrote:cheers dazza.

i don't trust the bloke to be honest and i have a feeling there is more to this story than they are letting on
u and me both fella

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:17 pm

Riviera wrote:

u and me both fella
just shows how much home work went into this as well......mr sheepshanks,another valuable lesson in how to manage a club methinks

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:40 pm

john_ipsw2 wrote:
Riviera wrote:

u and me both fella
just shows how much home work went into this as well......mr sheepshanks,another valuable lesson in how to manage a club methinks
WTF, I think your all being petty, I don't give a sh*t what he has done, it's what he can do IMHO.

Yep take his money and call him a cvtn, that's even worse IMHO.

Alot of Ippo's are becomming to be stuck up snobs, buissness people don't get were they are by being white as snow.

uefacup81

Post by uefacup81 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:55 pm

At the end of the day, if these incidents were in any way 'suspect' he would have had the authorities all over him like a rash... They're happy, so we should be too

leedsblue67

Post by leedsblue67 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:50 pm

A director of a company is an employee. If I interviewed someone for a job and they lied to me when I asked them a direct question I would not employ them. How could that person ever be trusted? In my opinion this person should not be allowed to become a director of our club.

John

Post by John » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:46 am

Anglo-Saxon wrote:
john_ipsw2 wrote:
Riviera wrote: u and me both fella
WTF, I think your all being petty, I don't give a sh*t what he has done, it's what he can do IMHO.

Yep take his money and call him a cvtn, that's even worse IMHO.

Alot of Ippo's are becomming to be stuck up snobs, buissness people don't get were they are by being white as snow.
buissness people don't get were they are by being white as snow.
so we take him on knowing full well he has lied to the board,what else is he hiding!!!!!!........not being a snob,last thing we need right now are investigations and fines because we have no order at ip1.

all i'm saying is wait and see what happens,but i still don't trust the bloke,nor do i sheepshanks.

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:04 am

He left a minor detail out, who has not done that before, who has not either exagerated or may be even left things out at a job interview, I bloody well have.

What I like about him is the fact he had the balls to give a personl apollogy live on the radio, in my book that counts for some thing, IMHO that shows character.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:27 am

Anglo-Saxon wrote:He left a minor detail out, who has not done that before, who has not either exagerated or may be even left things out at a job interview, I bloody well have.

What I like about him is the fact he had the balls to give a personl apollogy live on the radio, in my book that counts for some thing, IMHO that shows character.
Sorry anglo - gotta disagree with you here!!!

This is nothing like a job interview but is in fact a lot bigger than that!!!

Not mentioning your involvement in TWO previous football clubs - one of which went to the wall is hardly leaving out a minor detail when you are looking to join the board of a FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!

If the guy had done nothing wrong then surely he would have had nothing to hide??? The fact that he seemed so desperate to keep this information from the club suggests there is more to this story than meets the eye.

You are right alot of big business men do not make their money in the most ethical way - but that doesn't mean we really want to see their money here - which will bring with it its own scandal.

Look at chelsea - god knows how Mr chelsea made his billions but it has been said he can't show his face in some parts of russia!!! It will be nice to see how chelsea cope when he gets bored and pulls the plug in a few years!!