Ipswich Turn Down McDonald Bid

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Himple

Ipswich Turn Down McDonald Bid

Post by Himple » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:49 pm

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 55,00.html

Both dropped out of the Sheff Utd squad, McDonald AND Bowditch

Fishy

Mork

Re: Ipswich Turn Down McDonald Bid

Post by Mork » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:59 pm

Himple_ITFC wrote:http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 55,00.html

Both dropped out of the Sheff Utd squad, McDonald AND Bowditch

Fishy
That'd make sense - desperately need more up front, finally bring someone in, so sell one of the youngsters. Sigh.

bluetj

Post by bluetj » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:33 pm

Is Bowditch not still carrying an injury? I am not reading anything into that just now.

Surprised we turned that bid down tbh. Seems a decent amount for a player who is out of contract in 5 months. Wonder what they are holding out for?

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:25 pm

This all seems very very very suspicious to me and going by what has been said on the offical site I quote BFJ

"Hartlepool have made a bid, but its not quite matched our valuation"

"We have made Dean aware of the situation and there are other bits and pieces of the deal that are tied in, so we will have to see what develops"

So in other words, he is going to be sold. Why is it that NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING coming out of Portman Road seems to be genuine and is in fact a complete load of arse?

Why is this guy being sold when he is clearly a talented player and a decent and useful edition to our squad?

I am losing my patience with all this, what with a dodgy investor, debt rescheduling, buying players and being told we don't have to sell anyone then immediatly selling a talented guy, nothing ties up to me.

Time for a press conference or something because I'm confused.

ippers

Post by ippers » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:27 pm

We should have sold him no question, We just signed an international striker for 100k so 75k for a young IMO waste of space was a gd offer so I have no idea what Royle was thinking of especially as hes out of contract a the end of the season :roll:! that money could go a long way to signing someone like Fuller, or at least another proven striker rather than one with 0 goals to his name, whats the odds he will leave on a free at the end of the season? :lol:

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:36 pm

You mean buy another has-been instead of trying to develop this clearly talented youngster?

Your starting to sound more and more like BFJ everyday.

bluetj

Post by bluetj » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Isn't McDonald 20 now? I don't think the club would have offered him a new contract anyway and won't be surprised if/when we accept an improved offer.

Reminds me of that Rotheram player everyone was raving about (Cambell Rice I think?) that has now dropped down the leagues...

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:06 pm

There both sh*t send em both to canvay!

ATB

Post by ATB » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:23 pm

Ojc wrote:This all seems very very very suspicious to me and going by what has been said on the offical site I quote BFJ

"We have made Dean aware of the situation and there are other bits and pieces of the deal that are tied in, so we will have to see what develops"

So in other words, he is going to be sold. Why is it that NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING coming out of Portman Road seems to be genuine and is in fact a complete load of arse?

Why is this guy being sold when he is clearly a talented player and a decent and useful edition to our squad?

I am losing my patience with all this, what with a dodgy investor, debt rescheduling, buying players and being told we don't have to sell anyone then immediatly selling a talented guy, nothing ties up to me.

I don't see what's so confusing... Joe obviosuly doesn't rate him high enough to get in the first squad but thinks he's better than 75k... where exactly is there anything that isn't genuine in what Joe said?

ippers

Post by ippers » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:26 pm

You mean buy another has-been instead of trying to develop this clearly talented youngster?

Your starting to sound more and more like BFJ everyday
Wheres this clear talent?0 goals 0 assists HE IS sh*te!!!!!!!!11, get your rose tinted glasses off and just except every young player at town wont make it :roll: Clarke Haynes Parkin Lee Forster Bowditch ahad of him in pecking order

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:01 am

ippers wrote:

Your starting to sound more and more like BFJ everyday
Wheres this clear talent?0 goals 0 assists HE IS sh*te!!!!!!!!11, get your rose tinted glasses off and just except every young player at town wont make it :roll: Clarke Haynes Parkin Lee Forster Bowditch ahad of him in pecking order
Kuqi was sh*te when he first arrived at town. Appart from the obvious size and strengh difference he is of the same breed as Shefki. He chases everything and tries his best every match even if it isnt good enough

Mork

Post by Mork » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:26 am

ATB wrote:
Ojc wrote:This all seems very very very suspicious to me and going by what has been said on the offical site I quote BFJ

I don't see what's so confusing... Joe obviosuly doesn't rate him high enough to get in the first squad but thinks he's better than 75k... where exactly is there anything that isn't genuine in what Joe said?

Hmm - good point. 100k gets you in our first team. 75k isn't enough for someone who isn't in our first team - so I guess he's worth - about £87k?

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:53 am

I'd sell him, 75k can get us another player with a bit more experience but just as much potential.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:57 am

Dazza wrote:I'd sell him, 75k can get us another player with a bit more experience but just as much potential.
ASHTON ????? :lol: :lol:

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:59 am

hallamblue wrote:
Dazza wrote:I'd sell him, 75k can get us another player with a bit more experience but just as much potential.
ASHTON ????? :lol: :lol:
I said "potential" :wink: :lol:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:08 am

Not sure about that Dazza - players with more experience but good potential only go cheap at our club!!!

Now this is a bit of a strange one to be honest - I quite like what I have seen of this guy, I think he has the talent TBH but he needs a good run of games in the side. Now he is hardly first choice and where we have been happy to let others walk from the club to save on wages, we are now saying that 75K isn't enough for a player who is not in the first team squad.

Does Joe want him or not???