Good result really

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Good result really

Post by Riviera » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:34 pm

sounded like an entertaining game from the reports on sky aports news, although i did get a bit pissed off with the "Ipswich are still winning against the run of play" line which they kept using
sounds like Lee did ok as well, so maybe the doubters will at least give the guy a chance now

uefacup81

Post by uefacup81 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:45 pm

All I've seen are the BBC report and the comments on here, and I'm really pleased with how we seem to have played today. Joe has been positive for once, and Sheffield still haven't won at PR for 21 years now! All in all, a very good result against one of the better/best teams in the league. A few more like this and maybe people will take notice!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:49 pm

uefacup81 wrote:All I've seen are the BBC report and the comments on here, and I'm really pleased with how we seem to have played today. Joe has been positive for once, and Sheffield still haven't won at PR for 21 years now! All in all, a very good result against one of the better/best teams in the league. A few more like this and maybe people will take notice!
we've had some good performances recently but im not getting too carried away, we still havent picked up many points, and points make prizes!!!

just hope we can do the business at soton next week, also hope that little whipper snapper they've got is sold by then, he'll run rings around our defence

hallamblue

Re: Good result really

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:33 pm

Riviera wrote:sounded like an entertaining game from the reports on sky aports news, although i did get a bit pissed off with the "Ipswich are still winning against the run of play" line which they kept using
sounds like Lee did ok as well, so maybe the doubters will at least give the guy a chance now
:shock: :shock: wot a load of bollocks !!

when we kept the ball on the deck and played our passing game I doubt a "neutral" in the ground would have been able to identify correctly, the supposed, "second best" team in this division !

We more than matched them - and frankly they should feel "lucky" to have got a point from it !I has us down to win this game ...and in all honesty we should have taken all three points !

But the signs are that Town are improving game upon game now - we should "fear" no one IMO....and as Ive said before, if we can keep these youngsters together and bring in acouple more mid twenties players we are going to have a hell of a side over the next two seasons. WATCH THIS SPACE !! :wink:

Riviera

Re: Good result really

Post by Riviera » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:35 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Riviera wrote:sounded like an entertaining game from the reports on sky aports news, although i did get a bit pissed off with the "Ipswich are still winning against the run of play" line which they kept using
:shock: :shock: wot a load of bollocks !!

when we kept the ball on the deck and played our passing game I doubt a "neutral" in the ground would have been able to identify correctly, the supposed, "second best" team in this division !

We more than matched them - and frankly they should feel "lucky" to have got a point from it !I has us down to win this game ...and in all honesty we should have taken all three points !

But the signs are that Town are improving game upon game now - we should "fear" no one IMO....and as Ive said before, if we can keep these youngsters together and bring in acouple more mid twenties players we are going to have a hell of a side over the next two seasons. WATCH THIS SPACE !! :wink:
steady on hallam, only repeating what sky were saying lol

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:36 pm

Oh yes I know it wasnt YOUR comment Riv...but the comment was still a load of old bollo ! :lol:

ippers

Post by ippers » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:39 pm

Was a fair result IMO, played well, much, much better than say a month ago, but we didn't exactly play them off the park either