Warnock Salutes Town Fans

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Himple

Warnock Salutes Town Fans

Post by Himple » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Sheffield United manager Neil Warnock says he was happy to leave Portman Road with a point earlier today.

Town took the lead thanks too a Jimmy Juan free-kick and the blades levelled through Danny Webber.

Warnock: “It was a good point for us and a fair result in the end, Portman Road is always a difficult place to come for us. It can be intimidating. We haven't won here for 31 years and the crowd got behind Ipswich as they always do.

“I enjoyed a laugh with them. A bit of banter and that is what is missing in the game, some humour and they played their part in what I thought was an entertaining game.”

Source: Ipswich Town – the official website.

ippers

Post by ippers » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:55 pm

People slate him, but at least he has a bit of personality unlike the boring old farts like Mark Hughes or Arsene Wenger, although he is still a w***a :lol:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:59 pm

I like the bloke, i wish we had a manager like him with some passion about the game, The game needs managers like him

uefacup81

Post by uefacup81 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:03 pm

No matter what people say, at the end of the day, he's a personality. None of what he says to/does in front of fans is meant in any malice - it's just his way of being a unique personality... and he enjoys it

azbedwell

Post by azbedwell » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:29 pm

I hate him and think is he is a complete d**k head. But at least he has a personality and is worth hating and i cant deny that i would love to have a manger that cared so passionately about his club. I agree that without people like him and with more people like perrin/pardew/worthington the football world would be a much more boring place.

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:55 pm

I like Warnock, I really do. He's basicly a crazed fan on the touchline. I want them to get promoted, if only to liven up the MOTD interviews.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:33 am

I really dont like the bloke, certainly wouldnt want him as our manager, he does come out with a lot of crap and always normally blames the ref.

Although I would miss him, he is a fun manager to pick on! :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:35 am

he's a gobby tw8t - end of !

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:05 am

hallamblue wrote:he's a gobby tw8t - end of !
A gobby tw@t who really shakes things up!!! Bit like morinho in the prem - alot of people can't stand them but to me I like people who aren't of the norm.

Football is fast becoming a passionless affair full or people without passion and emotion - give the likes of Warnock and Morinho any day of the week over the likes of wenger and mcclaren etc!!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:54 am

gotta agree mole

i think a warnock type manager is a must in todays game, many people forget that he actually supports sheff utd, imagine if any of us were manager of ITFC, we'd be blaming the ref, winding up the opponents every game!! he turned down a chance to be a premiership manager to stay at sheff utd, not many managers would of done that

hes over the top, hes out spoken, and much of the time hes a pain in the arse, but u gotta like the bloke lol

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:14 am

spot on riv - love him or loathe him he will tell you that he is the luckiest man alive!!

he is doing what everyone one of us wishes we could do. Manage the club we love. Regardless of his methods you cannot question his commitment or loyalty and it is a shame that there weren't more people like him in todays game.

He is loyal to Sheff Utd because he is a fan. he doesn't really care about the money or working for bigger clubs. Yes the guy is an arse but you know every week he wants to win because he is a fan before he is a manager!!!