Which would you prefer?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

McDonna29
Site Administrator

Which would you prefer?

Post by McDonna29 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:10 pm

Based on comments made in another thread, I thought this might be interesting.

What would we prefer to be? A little (bottom 6) team in a big league (prem)? Or a big (top 6) club in a little league (div 1)?

Personally I reckon the whole point of football is to do as well as you can to get as high through the leagues as poss, prem is higher up the scale than Div 1 so my answer is little club in big league.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:49 pm

little club in big league

would rather be up against the quality of man utd and arsenal than rotheram and walsall

chris

Post by chris » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:57 pm

budgiebasher wrote:little club in big league

would rather be up against the quality of man utd and arsenal than rotheram and walsall
I would rather build our club over the next 5-7 years into a solid Prem outfit, midtable. That is the best we can hope for. Every now and then have an upset win, but always safe from relegation.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:01 pm

If we could all be happy I'd say a big club in Division One, but the goal is to be promoted and if we kept failing everyone would be upset.

So I'd rather us be in the Premiership!

penlost

Post by penlost » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:14 pm

I think we need a couple more years to establish and get to the point where we can hold our own in the premiership again So for now I am saying 'big club in a little league'

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:16 am

Difficult choice really...so many pros and cons....but if heart ruled head,like normal...it would be small club in big league....
You play to get as far as you can get...Premiership is the top league and thats where everyone wants to be...

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:23 am

I dont think we are ready to take on the Prem boys at the moment,perhaps in a couple of years.I just cant handle the heart ake it causes when we get relegated,but over all i would prefer it playing the big boys week in and week out.
Instead of playing teams like Crewe and Walsall and not getting results, i would rather play Arsenals and Man utd playing for draws but not at the moment cause we would get stuffed some weeks.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:46 am

well if we're in the premiership i would feel confident of beating some of the lesser sidesand surely a couple of new players would join just to give us that bit of extra strength

while if we stay in division 1 whenever we think we have a good enough squad top players will be sold

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:19 pm

i wud say a little club in a big leauge..as i wud ratha go 2 old trafford than vicorage road..lol...

altho i duno if we r a good enuff squad yet 2 say in d prem..i wud say mayb leav it dis yr..and build nxt yr then go up nxt season...bt also i wud lov 2 go up dis yr :roll: