Any one else get banned?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The Gaffer

Any one else get banned?

Post by The Gaffer » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:57 pm

was it just me and my mate, or did any one else get banned for this game for standing?

our season tickets were "de activated" for presistance standing, and was told we was banned for this game, without any prior warning in the north lower. Now after a few words were exchange with the head steward of the north stand, and miss information of culprites we was let back in, missing 10 minutes of the game.

the gist of what was said by the stewards said, we had been standing for long periods of the game, and have had written letters complaning about this. Now i dont no about you, but if you dont no your doing wrong I.e. standing then how can you stop? if i was simpley tapped on the shoulder and said do you mind sitting i would ablige but if this hasnt happend, then how can i possibly do it.
Any way, we was then joined by another man, who had the same problem but hes crime was "being caught on CCTV sitting on the bck of his seat" he then went on to say that the pompey game he was under pressure for "us lot" pressistantly standing, which was false as me and my mate was not present at that game. i then went on to say, your own season tickets states and the letter you get at the start of the season, you must have a "Verbal warning, a letter, and then you get banned" myself have had none of the above. Now this would then be seen as breach of code on ITFC behalf, to which they had no reply. i was then let in the ground eventuall 10 mins into the game.

Is it just me or has this hole standing business got silly?

John

Re: Any one else get banned?

Post by John » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:08 pm

bigfatjoes wrote:was it just me and my mate, or did any one else get banned for this game for standing?

our season tickets were "de activated" for presistance standing, and was told we was banned for this game, without any prior warning in the north lower. Now after a few words were exchange with the head steward of the north stand, and miss information of culprites we was let back in, missing 10 minutes of the game.

the gist of what was said by the stewards said, we had been standing for long periods of the game, and have had written letters complaning about this. Now i dont no about you, but if you dont no your doing wrong I.e. standing then how can you stop? if i was simpley tapped on the shoulder and said do you mind sitting i would ablige but if this hasnt happend, then how can i possibly do it.
Any way, we was then joined by another man, who had the same problem but hes crime was "being caught on CCTV sitting on the bck of his seat" he then went on to say that the pompey game he was under pressure for "us lot" pressistantly standing, which was false as me and my mate was not present at that game. i then went on to say, your own season tickets states and the letter you get at the start of the season, you must have a "Verbal warning, a letter, and then you get banned" myself have had none of the above. Now this would then be seen as breach of code on ITFC behalf, to which they had no reply. i was then let in the ground eventuall 10 mins into the game.

Is it just me or has this hole standing business got silly?
i sit at the back of the north and to be honest rarley get the chance to sit down,but to be honest it doesn't bother me as i enjoy standing.

i do see you point about the verbal warning etc etc and the club should have made you aware of the situation,however the club are under pressure to make people sit from the fa and we keep ignoring this then they will,given a few more season act by closing down the north for a while,as they can't keep threatning with no actions taken,so we the club has to be seen as doing something.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:25 pm

I sit at the front of the north lower and we stand alot down there and the stewards tell us to sit down all the time, but its very rarely we do lol some of the stewards in the north are alot worse than others