Call me sceptical but ....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Call me sceptical but ....

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:28 pm

I was (honestly), going to post on here the other day ..."I wouldnt be suprised to see a certain "sick note" Forster, suddenly proclaimed fit. Now that he's seen Alan Lee do so well, and more importantly look good with strike partner Haynes"

My theory being that I dont think he's "been up for it " when he had to play the loan striker role for Town , whilst we had so many front runners injured.

Now we have a (possible) half decent experienced striker up front , he doesnt want to "miss the boat" and see Haynes or Proudlock (?) develop and establish themselves alongside Lee.

yer yer I know I'm a sceptic !! :wink:

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:43 pm

LETS SAY YOUR RIGHT...WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU KNEW HE WAS SLAGGING OFF???WHAT ABOUT THE OPERATION AND FLAIR UPS, A SWOLLEN KNEE ,SURELY HE DIDNT FABRICATE HIS OWN INJURY,JUST SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY IN JOE'S 4-5-1...IF HE DID,THEN HE HAS BEEN DOING IT EVERYWHERE HE HAS PLAYED.HOPE HE IS JUST INJURY PRONE AND NOT A SCOUNDREL.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:55 pm

like I said..... call me sceptical ! :wink:

But he appears to have a bit of a "history" as to being always injured. Also I understand that he was non too impressed with playing the loan striker role.

You know what they say ..when a team is doing very well no body gets injured , yet when things are not going so well and results are going agaisnt you, players invariably seem to pick up knocks that much easier and spend time on the physio's plinth !

All I shall say is Im not suprised one bit that Forster has made a recovery and is now suddenly in contention to play v Leeds - I'm also pleased that he's coming back into the side - I think him and Lee, will make a very good strike partnership - and young Haynes also "fears" this too !...but his time will come again !

ps I take it by the CAPS that you are either very annoyed with my post or just VERY VERY SHORTSIGHTED !! :lol:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:37 pm

There is an arguament that says that players get more injuries when things are going badly because they are 'over-trying' physically. But I'm not a physio .......

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:like I said..... call me sceptical ! :wink:

But he appears to have a bit of a "history" as to being always injured. Also I understand that he was non too impressed with playing the loan striker role.

You know what they say ..when a team is doing very well no body gets injured , yet when things are not going so well and results are going agaisnt you, players invariably seem to pick up knocks that much easier and spend time on the physio's plinth !

All I shall say is Im not suprised one bit that Forster has made a recovery and is now suddenly in contention to play v Leeds - I'm also pleased that he's coming back into the side - I think him and Lee, will make a very good strike partnership - and young Haynes also "fears" this too !...but his time will come again !

ps I take it by the CAPS that you are either very annoyed with my post or just VERY VERY SHORTSIGHTED !! :lol:
caps button was stuck,now its not...plus I am no spring chicken..lol

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:29 pm

Would a player at the later end of their career " fake " an injury because he doesnt like being where he is played ? Surely ipswich could turn round to him and say " your to unfit Sod off "and he would be buggered.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:51 pm

[quote="Dubai Blue"]There is an arguament that says that players get more injuries when things are going badly because they are 'over-trying' physically. But I'm not a physio .......[/quote]

Yeah I agree with this one, to switch codes for a second...Wales' Rugby team had two golliath centers a couple of years back Scott Gibbs and Alan Bateman - both huge tacklers and stars of their (struggling at that time) team....invariably they'd get injured playing one of the rugby powerhouses as they tried to re-engineer their opponents spines and ended up injuring themselves instead....they knew they had to pull out the stops and often Wales would end up with one of them failing to go the distance. Would be a shocker to think that someone would pull a sickie - but Im a cynic too and its not beyond the bounds...Forster also knew he was a first choice starter so now that thats not so clear anymore....

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:14 am

Dubai Blue wrote:There is an arguament that says that players get more injuries when things are going badly because they are 'over-trying' physically. But I'm not a physio .......
No worries over Currie then! :lol:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:27 am

titter titter :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:10 am

MMJR67 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:like I said..... call me sceptical ! :wink:

caps button was stuck,now its not...plus I am no spring chicken..lol
no probs I know exactly what you mean !! :lol: