Unsworth backs blues ...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Unsworth backs blues ...

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:03 am

David Unsworth is backing Blues to start shooting up the Championship table and says he would love to see the Club make a late burst for the Play-Offs.

The England international, who spent three months on loan at Portman Road last season, was back at the Club last weekend to help his Sheffield United side earn a 1-1 draw.

And having seen the Blues' improved form continue on Saturday, the defender reckons Town are on the up.

"Ipswich played really well. The players worked very hard and if they can continue that, the club will climb the table," Unsworth told the Club website.

"The Club has got some terrific young players in the team now and they are going to make a big impact in the near future.

"There was a great spirit in the side as well and in the end we were happy to get a point out of the game.

"It was good to be back at Portman Road as well. I really enjoyed the game and it was nice to see so many friendly faces again."

Unsworth challenges Gavin
Williams at Portman Road

Unsworth admitted that if circumstances had been different, he could well have been lining up for Town rather than against Joe Royle's side.

"If Sheffield had not come in with their offer and Ipswich had the means at the time, I would not have hesitated to sign for Ipswich," he adds.

"There is doubt about that. I'd have loved to have signed for Ipswich and I'd like to wish Joe and the lads all the best. They could still sneak into the Play-Offs and I'd be delighted to see that."

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:55 am

Top Bloke, why were people booing him on saturday ?

crazee

Post by crazee » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:07 am

i was wondering that aswell Squiz, but he got clapped aswell :?

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:24 am

crazee wrote:i was wondering that aswell Squiz, but he got clapped aswell :?
I guess some fans will see that he signed for Sheff U instead of us - those who clapped obviously realized that we in fact didn't offer him anything - where as Sheff U signed him up pretty quickly.

He is a decent bloke and is a solid defender if not a bit one dimensional. I thought he did an okay job for us last season but to be honest I wasn't too upset to see him go and play for someone else.

I didn't boo him - nor clapped him he will hardly be remembered as a legend IMO :wink:

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:39 am

squiz18 wrote:Top Bloke, why were people booing him on saturday ?
Cos they're mindless idiots!

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:49 am

Lewis wrote:
I dont remeber you calling me that at the time Lewie old boy :wink: :lol:
I booed him just for a laugth, He took it well. Like that t0sser Warnock said, there is a real lack of humour in the game sometimes!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:58 pm

Before Sir Bobby says it "SIGN HIM UP" :lol:

Himple

Post by Himple » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:05 pm

Bit annoyed with people booing him, he clapped the North Stand everytime he took a corner, good bloke.

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:20 pm

Luke wrote:
Lewis wrote:
I dont remeber you calling me that at the time Lewie old boy :wink: :lol:
I booed him just for a laugth, He took it well. Like that t0sser Warnock said, there is a real lack of humour in the game sometimes!
Unsworth looked around wondering why on earth he was being booed, not because he took it well!

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:53 pm

I didnt boo, didnt agree with it, but didnt he favour Sheffield Utd because of wages?

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:55 pm

Dazza wrote:I didnt boo, didnt agree with it, but didnt he favour Sheffield Utd because of wages?
Ipswich were never in a position to offer Unsworth a deal at the time. Sheff Utd were the only people to offer him a deal so what was he to do? Rot at Pompey until we could afford it? He did the sensible thing tbh.

FATBOY

Post by FATBOY » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:32 pm

lol always happens every year! ex players or oppostition managers saying good things about the other teams which they know are never gonna happen! why in football do people never tell the truth!

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:39 pm

FATBOY wrote:lol always happens every year! ex players or oppostition managers saying good things about the other teams which they know are never gonna happen! why in football do people never tell the truth!
Ask J M of Chelsea LOL