Wilnis fear

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

twinpeakes

Wilnis fear

Post by twinpeakes » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:47 am

Wilnis: I fear for Town future
18 January 2006 | 13:59

FABIAN Wilnis has been left doubting he has a future with Ipswich Town after the decision to let Kevin Horlock go.

it's ok Fab, we appreciate your time here, but your getting on a bit in age, so ba-bye

Luke

Re: Wilnis fear

Post by Luke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:50 am

twinpeakes wrote:Wilnis: I fear for Town future

FABIAN Wilnis has been left doubting he has a future with Ipswich Town after the decision to let Kevin Horlock go.

it's ok Fab, we appreciate your time here, but your getting on a bit in age, so ba-bye
The mans 35!!! If he was 25 i could understand him being worried about his "future" at his age he should be thankfull he is playing at the standard he is!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:53 am

Luke wrote:

The mans 35!!! If he was 25 i could understand him being worried about his "future" at his age he should be thankfull he is playing at the standard he is!
i wish ud stop sitting on the fence and just tell it how it is luke!! :lol:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:04 am

Riviera wrote:
Luke wrote:

i wish ud stop sitting on the fence and just tell it how it is luke!! :lol:
Yeah luke - just give a good honest opinion instead or tip toeing around the subject LOL!!! 8)

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 am

I still think he is good for another season TBH, he is quicker and fitter than Currie/Magilton so why not?

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:25 am

Ojc wrote:I still think he is good for another season TBH, he is quicker and fitter than Currie/Magilton so why not?
Id say good for a squad player for another season. But for gods sake do NOT play him at full back. Id play him at centre back or even a defensive Midfeild role. But im afraid at full back he just cannot cut the mustard anymore.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:59 am

Not sure I agree with all that. I know we are all Sito happy here but Wilnis has had a couple of games back at RB when sito was out and showed him how to attack down the flanks with pace.

For sure he will be used regularly across the back 4 over the rest of the season and if he has just woken up to the fact that he is 35 years old in a young man's game then he's not been paying attention.

I think he's still pretty fit though and seems to be well motivated unlike some who get to that great age.

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:11 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Not sure I agree with all that. I know we are all Sito happy here but Wilnis has had a couple of games back at RB when sito was out and showed him how to attack down the flanks with pace.

For sure he will be used regularly across the back 4 over the rest of the season and if he has just woken up to the fact that he is 35 years old in a young man's game then he's not been paying attention.

I think he's still pretty fit though and seems to be well motivated unlike some who get to that great age.
He had 1 game which i consdir acceptable at right back or left back in the last 2 years. Centere back he has found a way of prolonging his carrer! A bit like John Wark did. Wilnis tries to many step overevers in the full back positon and gets skinned too often to be consdired at full back anymore IMO

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:36 pm

the guys a ledgend!! even if you dont give him a playing contract, get him on the coaching staff, and get him on the rite corses hes blue through and through!!!

FABIAN WILNES IS A BLUE IS A BLUE IS A BLUE, FABIAN WILNES IS A BLUE IS A BLUE IS A BLUE, HE HATES NORWICH!!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:56 pm

Ojc wrote:I still think he is good for another season TBH, he is quicker and fitter than Currie/Magilton so why not?
:shock: so is BB ! :wink:

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:27 am

bigfatjoes wrote:the guys a ledgend!! even if you dont give him a playing contract, get him on the coaching staff, and get him on the rite corses hes blue through and through!!!

FABIAN WILNES IS A BLUE IS A BLUE IS A BLUE, FABIAN WILNES IS A BLUE IS A BLUE IS A BLUE, HE HATES Naaaaaaaridge!!!
I think he has some buiesness venture set up, I read a interview with him a while ago where he stated he didnt think he wanted to become a coach or manager. But who knows hey