Bowditch Set for Loan

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Bowditch Set for Loan

Post by Riviera » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:58 am

Striker Dean Bowditch is set to go out on loan before the end of the January transfer window. The Blues are keen for the England U19 international to get some goals under his belt.

Town still have high hopes for the 19-year-old who is contracted until June 2008. Boss Joe Royle said: "If Dean goes off and kick-starts what we all know is an outstanding talent, we will all benefit.

"He spoke to me about going out on loan, which will hopefully get him going and see him score a few goals. We have had one or two clubs asking about him and Dean's agent is also looking around on his behalf."

Bowditch, who is yet to score in 13 starts and six substitute appearances in 2005/06, spent March and April on loan at Burnley, scoring one goal in eight starts and two appearances from the bench.

the-mole

Re: Bowditch Set for Loan

Post by the-mole » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:42 am

Riviera wrote:
Striker Dean Bowditch is set to go out on loan before the end of the January transfer window. The Blues are keen for the England U19 international to get some goals under his belt.

Town still have high hopes for the 19-year-old who is contracted until June 2008. Boss Joe Royle said: "If Dean goes off and kick-starts what we all know is an outstanding talent, we will all benefit.

"He spoke to me about going out on loan, which will hopefully get him going and see him score a few goals. We have had one or two clubs asking about him and Dean's agent is also looking around on his behalf."

Bowditch, who is yet to score in 13 starts and six substitute appearances in 2005/06, spent March and April on loan at Burnley, scoring one goal in eight starts and two appearances from the bench.
Could be the best thing for all concerned!!!

Don't loan him to a club in our division - ship him down a division or two - give him the culture he needs so he appreciates what life at PR is like in comparison!!!

A bowditch running at full steam is an asset - no-one can argue that point - but getting him running at all is the problem. Still hopefully that might change with a good month away.

Number 9

Post by Number 9 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:06 pm

Why is it taking so long for Bowditch to 'get on with it'? We all know he has the talent. Is it confidence, perhaps?

Mork

Post by Mork » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:09 pm

Number 9 wrote:Why is it taking so long for Bowditch to 'get on with it'? We all know he has the talent. Is it confidence, perhaps?
I'm not convinced with this "he has the talent" mantra. Where is the evidence of this?

He had one good game, after his debut, where he got a stunning couple of goals. Two years later, and he has done f*ck all. He doesn't look as if he has the talent to me.

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:10 pm

Number 9 wrote:Why is it taking so long for Bowditch to 'get on with it'? We all know he has the talent. Is it confidence, perhaps?
Arrogence. Without a doubt the most arrogent player in the effing squad!

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:57 pm

Mole? Your suggestion of giving "Deano" a taste of the poor things in life in a lower division may just kick some much needed sence into him. His agent has hyped him up and Bowditch believes it,I realy do think he needs a reality check....Good call mole!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:04 pm

loudnproud wrote:Mole? Your suggestion of giving "Deano" a taste of the poor things in life in a lower division may just kick some much needed sence into him. His agent has hyped him up and Bowditch believes it,I realy do think he needs a reality check....Good call mole!!
yep ! agreed ....Bowditch has actually "achieved" nothing yet !....and unless he gets his act together will go the same way his brother has .....down hill !