Is a left back such a major concern now???

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Is a left back such a major concern now???

Post by loudnproud » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:57 am

I dont watch the reserves as much as i used to due to commitments and 70 odd miles away one way!!! But i have been a big admirer of young Scott Barron.I believe this kid is going to have a major impact on our season next term and I am leaning towards believing that fabian may be offered an extension to his contract as cover for full back or centre half. In our current lack of money position,this may be the option the club takes,but am i alone in believing that Barron should make the Left back slot his own?

Luke

Post by Luke » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:00 pm

Ive seen lots of Scott Barron, and he is playing fantasticly atm. But i have to say i cant see him getting better. I think he is playing at the top of his game atm.
Whenever i saw him in the reserves he was diabolocal! The worst player ive ever seen in the blue of Ipswich. Imagne Richards at left back Minus a leg :lol:
I think a strong left back who can slot into centre back for injurys is a priority.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Fair enough luke....I perhaps only watched him on his good games,but I believe he is a confidence player too and our team confidence has been growing as of late,thus Barron's confidence is growing too!!! He defends as simple as he can,he does the right things well and supports the forward play,he can go through a whole match and not put a foot wrong without being noticed.....can you see what i'm saying? When sito is playing,you KNOW he is playing,he has this presence about him,Barron on the other hand do'esnt,he just goes through the motions doing the things he is asked to do right and i like that in a player....No frills,just get on with it!!

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:12 pm

loudnproud wrote:Fair enough luke....I perhaps only watched him on his good games,but I believe he is a confidence player too and our team confidence has been growing as of late,thus Barron's confidence is growing too!!! He defends as simple as he can,he does the right things well and supports the forward play,he can go through a whole match and not put a foot wrong without being noticed.....can you see what i'm saying? When sito is playing,you KNOW he is playing,he has this presence about him,Barron on the other hand do'esnt,he just goes through the motions doing the things he is asked to do right and i like that in a player....No frills,just get on with it!!
To be fair what more could you ask from a player sometimes??? If we had a team of players who did the simple things right I am sure we would be better off in terms of league position.

Whilst we all want a team of world beaters every team needs the players who don't get noticed or get the glory - this is what effective team work is all about.

Agreed Mr Barron may well not have performed that amazingly in reserve games - but the confidence and challenge laid down with 1st team football will hopefully bring out the best in the guy. At least he is being given the chance. 8)

Bluebird

Re: Is a left back such a major concern now???

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:37 pm

loudnproud wrote:I dont watch the reserves as much as i used to due to commitments and 70 odd miles away one way!!! But i have been a big admirer of young Scott Barron.I believe this kid is going to have a major impact on our season next term and I am leaning towards believing that fabian may be offered an extension to his contract as cover for full back or centre half. In our current lack of money position,this may be the option the club takes,but am i alone in believing that Barron should make the Left back slot his own?
No, because based on his performances to date he has earned the right to keep the shirt! Hopefully when his form dips, we now have options, unlike what happaned with Matt Richards a couple of years ago.