Royle after New Loan Signings!.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ITFC10

Royle after New Loan Signings!.

Post by ITFC10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:24 pm

Ive seen articles saying that Ipswich manager Joe Royle is after Loan Signings, it has been said that he has a shortlist of players and he is after Two, I wonder who he is after. I hope he brings in Defenders, cause we need to strengthen the back Four..which should help us push for Promotion.

Here is the Article, which is on AOL Football Section.

Ipswich boss Joe Royle is on the trail of two players to boost his promotion-chasing squad.

He is keen to bring players in on loan and has also asked about the availability of another two, but he is also keen to stress that no deals are imminent.

Royle said: ``It might be in two weeks' time or it might never come. There is no way of knowing at this stage. A lot depends on other clubs and what they are planning to do during the January transfer window.''

The Portman Road boss may have to wait until the end of the month, by which time Premiership clubs are required to complete their transfer business, for the picture to become clearer.

Royle's sixth-placed team have won just one of their last five league games, but he added: ``We mustn't panic. It is not all doom and gloom - far from it - and we are in the second half of the season in a good position.''

Ive heard that Darren Kenton could be One of the Loan Signings, but isnt he a Former Norwich Player...We always seem to get Norwich Players, Firstly Marshall lol...Lets wait and see.!

Jus

Post by Jus » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:24 pm

We need a new left back.

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:34 pm

WE need help... :D

belfast

Post by belfast » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:08 pm

:lol: You speak for yourself Miss :lol:

vinnie

Post by vinnie » Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:33 pm

any decent defenders are welcome. our current back 4 are one of the worst in div1! :(

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:13 pm

vinnie wrote:any decent defenders are welcome. our current back 4 are one of the worst in div1! :(
Bullshit, Johnny Mac has been very solid and Naylor is improving (while still having moments of lunacy)

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:32 pm

vinnie wrote:any decent defenders are welcome. our current back 4 are one of the worst in div1! :(

I am sorry but I cant agree with that... I know we
have not had the best out of them all the time through unfortunate
injuries, but Naylor, Santos, McGreal all have good days as well
as bad..

You only have to look at the stats on other teamsto see we are not the worst..

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:01 pm

Let's hope Drissa goes straight into the team for Saturday. How about playing with 3 central defenders?

Personaly, I think it's starting to look better at the back. It would be nice for a clean sheet against Crewe.

royleoasis

Post by royleoasis » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:20 am

I'd like to see a more attacking loan signing, a player that can run at the other team. With McGreal back and Drissa on the way with Makin making progress, do we really need another defender.
We really need a 'young' attacking midfielder that can run at people.

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:25 am

I agree with the attacking side but I think that it should be both. We need Herman back !! Not only was he good at the back but he had a good turn of pace and could cross the ball well. In the end the miss firing strikers need good service and if the midfield cant provide it then where else will it come from.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:46 pm

royleoasis wrote:I'd like to see a more attacking loan signing, a player that can run at the other team. With McGreal back and Drissa on the way with Makin making progress, do we really need another defender.
We really need a 'young' attacking midfielder that can run at people.
i agree a half decent attacking midfielder who has pace on his side would be good