Next season is making my mouth water.....already!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Next season is making my mouth water.....already!!

Post by loudnproud » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:05 pm

:wink: Lee,Parkin,Haynes,Fuller,Clarke,Knights mini-mac,Skard,Williams,Juan,Sito,Barron.......One good solid centre half bought in for the closed season and we are ready to stroll through this league next season. I think we can safely say that we are on the mend....Still enjoying every bit of it!!!

Drunken Munky

Post by Drunken Munky » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 pm

We will be in premiership next season mate :wink:

hallamblue

Re: Next season is making my mouth water.....already!!

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 pm

loudnproud wrote::wink: Lee,Parkin,Haynes,Fuller,Clarke,Knights mini-mac,Skard,Williams,Juan,Sito,Barron.......One good solid centre half bought in for the closed season and we are ready to stroll through this league next season. I think we can safely say that we are on the mend....Still enjoying every bit of it!!!
careful !..that's almost "norwich speak" ..." for we are the man utd of this league " !! :wink:

..but I'm in full agreement woith you L&P

Riviera

Re: Next season is making my mouth water.....already!!

Post by Riviera » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:08 pm

loudnproud wrote::wink: Lee,Parkin,Haynes,Fuller,Clarke,Knights mini-mac,Skard,Williams,Juan,Sito,Barron.......One good solid centre half bought in for the closed season and we are ready to stroll through this league next season. I think we can safely say that we are on the mend....Still enjoying every bit of it!!!
LOL

one thing ur forgetting LNP........

sheepys track record of selling or letting players go for peanuts

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Very True Riveria!!! However,He is not under any financial constraints,harsh ones that is, to warrent selling players.It will have to be a silly offer i feel as Bowden is very much running things. Obtaining Juan on a contract and bringing in a quallity centre half will be the key of how our season pans out next time round!!! forever hopefull though!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:21 pm

loudnproud wrote:Very True Riveria!!! However,He is not under any financial constraints,harsh ones that is, to warrent selling players.It will have to be a silly offer i feel as Bowden is very much running things. Obtaining Juan on a contract and bringing in a quallity centre half will be the key of how our season pans out next time round!!! forever hopefull though!
yeah i agree but cant help feeling that as we're talking ITFC that something will happen and fook all our plans up lol

next season season ticket sales will be vital, just hope the people that can afford to go to every game and live fairly locally renew theirs, otherwise all plans for next season's championship romp will be out of the window....

re: Juan, i havent heard anything come out of the club yet about maybe getting him here full time next season, i might have missed something but i think if BFJ thinks hes as good as we all do then maybe he should be trying to let the fans know that talks are going on

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:42 pm

Riviera wrote:
loudnproud wrote:Very True Riveria!!! However,He is not under any financial constraints,harsh ones that is, to warrent selling players.It will have to be a silly offer i feel as Bowden is very much running things. Obtaining Juan on a contract and bringing in a quallity centre half will be the key of how our season pans out next time round!!! forever hopefull though!
yeah i agree but cant help feeling that as we're talking ITFC that something will happen and fook all our plans up lol

next season season ticket sales will be vital, just hope the people that can afford to go to every game and live fairly locally renew theirs, otherwise all plans for next season's championship romp will be out of the window....

re: Juan, i havent heard anything come out of the club yet about maybe getting him here full time next season, i might have missed something but i think if BFJ thinks hes as good as we all do then maybe he should be trying to let the fans know that talks are going on
Riv I answered the Juan question on the season ticket thread.....basically its not down to us at the end of the season, its down to Juan's club....he's still their player at the end of the day and they could stick silly money on him as he's improved greatly since he's been here....they could also decide to keep him :roll:

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:49 pm

Juan is out of contract with Monaco at the end of the season ;)

crazee

Post by crazee » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:55 pm

i thought Juan had a year left (maybe even 2) at Monaco

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:40 pm

crazee wrote:i thought Juan had a year left (maybe even 2) at Monaco
....thats what I thought :?

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Ojc wrote:Juan is out of contract with Monaco at the end of the season ;)
Errrr no he's not, he's got a year left at Monaco... :?

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:50 pm

Riviera wrote:

He said on an interview after a game he hopes sheepy speaks french because he wants juan here permanently. I hope something is being done right now. The guy has said he wants to stay here so hopefully he will be allowed to join for free or a small fee.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:31 pm

1978greats wrote:
Riviera wrote:

Riv I answered the Juan question on the season ticket thread.....basically its not down to us at the end of the season, its down to Juan's club....he's still their player at the end of the day and they could stick silly money on him as he's improved greatly since he's been here....they could also decide to keep him :roll:
Agreed Nicky, but we have got to ask at some point. The longer he plays
and performs for ITFC the more money any club would be likely to ask for
him. So shouldn't we be asking now??

John

Post by John » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:03 pm

agree loudnproud.

come on you blues, however......this season aint over yet and however small our chances are of making the play-off's, we aint out yet 8) .....lets live in hope

StanstedBlue

Post by StanstedBlue » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:54 am

Yeah but every season seems to go the same way. We all renew our season tickets by April, the club makes an announcement there will be no requirement to sell then we end up off-loading players by June! I have adopted the method that you can tell when Sheepy is lying because his lips move. Anyway, enough of being negative.....let's see what happens at this seasons close!

Come on you Blues on Saturday :D :D :D

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Lets be fair chaps and chappesses!!! Last season we only sold one player that we didnt have to....Kelvin Davies. The money we got was exceptional and his under-studies are proving pretty darn good in my opinion this season.
Miller and shefki were offered new contracts and had better offers in the prem. By all accounts,It is romoured that Benty had signed an agreement with Charlton before the West Ham home tie play offs last season.....

I believe that Proudlock will be released,Bowditch will be sold or exchanged and Forster may be forced into early retirement on medical grounds.If Royle do'es not want Juan next season,He certainly needs to be replaced by someone with equal class. Fuller could be an asset if he excerts himself in a blue and white shirt, Parkin i feel will stay and our main strike force will be that of Lee,Parkin,Fuller supported by the youth of Haynes,Mcdonnald and Clarke......Got to be worth a season ticket surely in it??? enjoy your season!

azbedwell

Post by azbedwell » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:20 pm

I dont really want to dig up this huge can of worms but although you say kuqi and miller ahd better offers fdrom premiership teams you forget that we failed to offer them contracts during the season when either one of them would have bitten your hand off for a contract. I evenb remember an interview with miller where he basically said "come and give me a new contract". Thats what people got so pis*ed of about.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:04 pm

azbedwell wrote:I dont really want to dig up this huge can of worms but although you say kuqi and miller ahd better offers fdrom premiership teams you forget that we failed to offer them contracts during the season when either one of them would have bitten your hand off for a contract. I evenb remember an interview with miller where he basically said "come and give me a new contract". Thats what people got so pis*ed of about.
...IMHO I think the only reason for that, was that ITFC simply didnt have the available cash in the bank-nor did they know what the level of income was going to be the following year - since it would all hinge on promotion. Financially Town were / are living very much "hand to mouth".....So the sceanario was the players were looking for security and Town were trying to avoid dishing out contacts they would have to honour even if we failed to get promotion (a situatiuon we had just come through from the dreaded Administration days). So i think it was a case of Town NOT wishing to get caught with their pants down again in terms of offering contracts that they simply could not fund IF we stayed down ...which was the eventual case.

The amount of money Town were able to offer in those contraxts at that precise thime was always going to be bettered by another Club

The subsequent debt re-structuring has since eased the problem of "available" funds - hence Town are now able to offer contracts to players due a renewal.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:40 pm

loudnproud wrote:.If Royle do'es not want Juan next season,He certainly needs to be replaced by someone with equal class.!
Royle want Juan, Juan wants to stay here. I think it lies in monaco's hands.