So!! what did you do to replace a day without footie??

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

So!! what did you do to replace a day without footie??

Post by loudnproud » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:36 am

:D Asked the kids that they could go ANYWARE in the uk to spend and bond a rare saturday without football.....London sights? Trip to Scotland? Bowling? Ice-skating? Cinema?......Come on kids make a decision!!! What do you guys want to do?......."Can we go to Felixstowe and waste some money in the arcades?".....That's kids for ya!! and to be fair we had a great time,not as loud as a footie match mind but we had some fun.

At least postponing the PNE match enabled me to install the coffee machine into the mini-bus this weekend....Results went our way i felt over the weekend,the major black spot was the budgies scoring at the last minuite.

I'm still not 100% convinced that Fuller should be included,if indeed so,for the PNE game whenever it happens.I'm not a big fan of a player returning to their old club having left with no ill feeling. If it is Lee and Haynes for the Millwall match,I think Danny is going to be bullied by a tough Millwall side who are desperate for points. I am hoping to see the introduction of Skard for this match on the grounds of his hard hitting defensive tackles and perhaps indicate to the Millwall that we too have our own "Chopper Harris!!"to even things up a bit.

I know that their is a slight possibility of making the play-offs and it would be some remarkable achievement should we reach them....We can not forget that this is ment to be our transsional season.....Unlike those up the A140 who should of won the ccc by now and already be promoted!!
Next season should be good,The signing of a quallity play maker ( Juan?) and certainly centre halfs with pace have to be addressed what ever league we are playing in next season....Enjoy the rest of it anyhow and hope to see ya awl at the next fixture.

1978greats

Re: So!! what did you do to replace a day without footie??

Post by 1978greats » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:06 pm

loudnproud wrote::D Asked the kids that they could go ANYWARE in the uk to spend and bond a rare saturday without football.....London sights? Trip to Scotland? Bowling? Ice-skating? Cinema?......Come on kids make a decision!!! What do you guys want to do?......."Can we go to Felixstowe and waste some money in the arcades?".....That's kids for ya!! and to be fair we had a great time,not as loud as a footie match mind but we had some fun.

At least postponing the PNE match enabled me to install the coffee machine into the mini-bus this weekend....Results went our way i felt over the weekend,the major black spot was the budgies scoring at the last minuite.

I'm still not 100% convinced that Fuller should be included,if indeed so,for the PNE game whenever it happens.I'm not a big fan of a player returning to their old club having left with no ill feeling. If it is Lee and Haynes for the Millwall match,I think Danny is going to be bullied by a tough Millwall side who are desperate for points. I am hoping to see the introduction of Skard for this match on the grounds of his hard hitting defensive tackles and perhaps indicate to the Millwall that we too have our own "Chopper Harris!!"to even things up a bit.

I know that their is a slight possibility of making the play-offs and it would be some remarkable achievement should we reach them....We can not forget that this is ment to be our transsional season.....Unlike those up the A140 who should of won the ccc by now and already be promoted!!
Next season should be good,The signing of a quallity play maker ( Juan?) and certainly centre halfs with pace have to be addressed what ever league we are playing in next season....Enjoy the rest of it anyhow and hope to see ya awl at the next fixture.
I spent a very dull day watching Sky Sports News :roll: ....very happy about the Palace result....I still think if its anyone's spot we're gonna nick it will be their's 8)

Dave, Skard's not ready yet for a first team place, believe me.....I go to all the home reserve games....he shows potential but he's not ready....the last home res game I forgot he was on the pitch for a long while.

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:21 pm

i went to work then got pissed :D

crazee

Post by crazee » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:36 pm

at work from 6am-6:15pm :(

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm

Phil wrote:i went to work then got pissed :D
nothing new then Phil :wink:

twinpeakes

Post by twinpeakes » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:16 pm

went to see the ice hockey game last night...Toronto v Ottawa...had a few beers...all good

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:19 pm

I went shopping :lol: and then watched SSN for abit followed by chasing the puppies around like a looney!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:28 pm

i got so bored i resorted to watching the rugby on BBC and flicking over to sky sports every 5 mins

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:30 pm

I watched all of soccer am which I don't get to do very often, chilled out all afternoon listening to music and watching soccer saturday on sky, then I went out for a nice curry 8)

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:45 pm

I listened to the budgie game :roll: I'v never heard Carrot Rd so quiet, after that watched TV with my missus as radio Suffolk is sh*t on Saturday nights now.

I don't know how I survive the summer breaks :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:58 pm

1978greats wrote:
what ever do you mean :shock: :roll: :wink:

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Phil wrote:
1978greats wrote:
what ever do you mean :shock: :roll: :wink:
You're late night msn chats gave me a clue :wink: ....Saturdays ARE for drinking anyway 8)

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:00 pm

Building snowmen, and chucking snowballs around with the kids.

Seem to have spent the whole weekend outside - I'm knackered - I need footie for a rest :shock:

:lol: :lol:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:02 pm

i wanted to goto Norwich v Stoke or Col Who vs Southend but no1 else was up for it, ended up staying in and listening to cds then going for a curry at nite

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:06 pm

Jonno wrote:i wanted to goto Norwich v Stoke or Col Who vs Southend but no1 else was up for it, ended up staying in and listening to cds then going for a curry at nite
You never asked me :roll: ...id have been up for it !!

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:21 pm

i didnt know u liked Norwich or Col who, i was thinking about going to 1 but couldnt think of any1 else to go with

Adi

Post by Adi » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:21 pm

got to spend some of my $4,000 tax refund.... :wink:

Moped Phil

Post by Moped Phil » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:22 pm

Jonno wrote:i wanted to goto Norwich v Stoke or Col Who vs Southend but no1 else was up for it, ended up staying in and listening to cds then going for a curry at nite
col v southend was all ticket

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:23 pm

Moped Phil wrote:
col v southend was all ticket
could of got tickets on friday lol, just didnt wanna go alone

Norfolk Tractor Boy

Post by Norfolk Tractor Boy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Went to look at 3 house's all in SUFFOLK! Decided to move back to Bury st Edmunds. fed up with this norfolk sh*t hole. unfortuanatly all 3 house's were no good!
So i got pissed too! :lol:

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:31 pm

Jonno wrote:i didnt know u liked Norwich or Col who, i was thinking about going to 1 but couldnt think of any1 else to go with
Would have loved to have seen Col U badly beaten :twisted: ...you dont know till you ask :roll:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:33 pm

1978greats wrote:
Jonno wrote:i didnt know u liked Norwich or Col who, i was thinking about going to 1 but couldnt think of any1 else to go with
Would have loved to have seen Col U badly beaten :twisted: ...you dont know till you ask :roll:
Lol how the hell was i suppose to know u would of been up for it, i think if i would of had the choice out of the 2 games i would of rather of gone to Norwich v Stoke. oh well maybe next time

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:54 pm

Jonno wrote:
1978greats wrote:
Lol how the hell was i suppose to know u would of been up for it, i think if i would of had the choice out of the 2 games i would of rather of gone to Norwich v Stoke. oh well maybe next time
ASK.....thats how you'd know :wink:

markymark66

Post by markymark66 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:47 pm

went to watch qpr v wolves to see georges. met paul ince and glenn hoddle and four page 3 girls :D did'nt know where to look :shock:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:57 pm

markymark66 wrote:went to watch qpr v wolves to see georges. met paul ince and glenn hoddle and four page 3 girls :D did'nt know where to look :shock:
Could of ASKED me if i wanted to go :cry:

markymark66

Post by markymark66 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:14 pm

Jonno wrote:
markymark66 wrote:went to watch qpr v wolves to see georges. met paul ince and glenn hoddle and four page 3 girls :D did'nt know where to look :shock:
Could of ASKED me if i wanted to go :cry:
trust me jonno, you would not have enjoyed it :D too much to look at not enough time!!! plus georges kept getting in the way :lol: