Blow For Preston

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Himple

Blow For Preston

Post by Himple » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:51 am

Captain Luckettis F**ked Off To Sheffield United :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Preston's veteran central defender Chris Lucketti on loan for the rest of the season.

Lucketti, who is well known to Blades boss Neil Warnock after playing for him at Bury, will complete his move to Bramall Lane on Wednesday evening as long as there are no problems with his medical.

The 34-year-old is likely to go straight in to United's starting line-up for Saturday's trip to in-form Coventry City, after it was revealed that Leigh Bromby will miss the rest of the season.

HA....HA

hallamblue

Re: Blow For Preston

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:05 pm

Himple_ITFC wrote:Captain Luckettis F**ked Off To Sheffield United :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sheffield United have agreed a deal to sign Preston's veteran central defender Chris Lucketti on loan for the rest of the season.

Lucketti, who is well known to Blades boss Neil Warnock after playing for him at Bury, will complete his move to Bramall Lane on Wednesday evening as long as there are no problems with his medical.

The 34-year-old is likely to go straight in to United's starting line-up for Saturday's trip to in-form Coventry City, after it was revealed that Leigh Bromby will miss the rest of the season.

HA....HA
was he very influencial for them ...he was 34yrs old !! :shock:

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:14 am

Nothing to get too excited about i fear. Would you allow him to go out on loan to your potential championship rivals if it was'nt in your favour? I can't see billy davis doing so without some sort of card up his sleeve!!!

WINDOWFITTER (PNE)

Post by WINDOWFITTER (PNE) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:01 pm

Even though he was our captain, he had becme 3rd choice centre half. We are getting £350k for a 35year old which is good business. We have already replaced him with Kelvin Wilson who is a up and coming 20 year old from Notts County. Prem clubs have been keeping an eye on him including Chelsea! He could turn into another Nugent!

I am not worried about losing Lucketti. We stll have the best pairing outside the Prem with Mawene and davis.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:53 am

WINDOWFITTER (PNE) wrote:Even though he was our captain, he had becme 3rd choice centre half. We are getting £350k for a 35year old which is good business. We have already replaced him with Kelvin Wilson who is a up and coming 20 year old from Notts County. Prem clubs have been keeping an eye on him including Chelsea! He could turn into another Nugent!

I am not worried about losing Lucketti. We stll have the best pairing outside the Prem with Mawene and davis.
yer ?...well I rckon a certain Mr Fuller and Lee will be champing at the bit to play against them ...and if the game is called off again - as looks likely these two strikers can continue to regain even more fitness in training down here in tropical Suffolk ! :wink: