Is it just me or.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Aza-itfc

Is it just me or.....

Post by Aza-itfc » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:09 pm

has my day been a bit of a downer.

Without boring you with details, was phoned at 5 o'clock to go and work 6-10 at my work. Knowing I would struggle to keep up with the match I wasn't keen, but went in anyway.

With my shirt underneath my uniform and scarf hanging proudly all I could do was prey that we pull off a victory.

At half time euphoria, I get a text message on my phone saying "Preston NE 0-1 Ipswich Town." The whole village soon becomes aware of me leaping around for no apparent reason and think i'm weird. But I don't care, as I now have hope the play-off push is still on.

The next 45 minutes was as high as a kite, leaping around imagining what kind of goal we scored. Second message comes through, " Preston NE 3-1 Ipswich Town". What the hell happened!?! Heartbroken, I drag my scarf from off the wall and get ready to go home.

Once home, realise we have a man sent off after 11 minutes!!! I mean come on! Some way to kick a man when he is down. Don't know what the performance was like, but I am preparing to watch us in the Championship again next season. For me - one of the most optimistic people around - I would say it is almost over. I hate to admit it.

:( :( :(

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Pretty much same thing for me too. Was doing an evening shift at work and was listening on and off to the game. Heard the sending off and then the goal and was thingking , Great we could nick it here this will stop all the moaners. Hear the start of the first half and then clock off. Walk home and when i get there sky sports says 3-1 Preston. :evil:

Heres to Next season !!