Fuller Leaves

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Riviera

Fuller Leaves

Post by Riviera » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:34 am

Ricardo Fuller's loan has ended with the Jamaican frontman suspended for Saturday's match against Hull, the final game of his month at Portman Road, and the board unwilling to extend his stay any further. Fuller's red card at Crystal Palace means he is suspended for two matches.

Boss Joe Royle told the club site that ideally he would have preferred the 26-year-old to have remained with the Blues for longer: "It's been well documented that I would have liked to have kept him, but I can understand the board's position as well with the player being on Premiership wages, and he's going back to Southampton."

The decision by the Town moneymen not to give Royle the cash to keep Fuller for a second month suggests that they, like most fans, feel that the Blues' play-off push is at an end.

However, Royle may well look at bringing the former Preston, Palace and Portsmouth man back to Portman Road in the summer.

Fuller's short spell with Town yielded two goals in three games plus two yellow cards and one red.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:20 am

Impressive strike rate - goals and cards :shock:

Would have been nice to see him stay, but I imagine he was costing a fortune in wages.

Aza-itfc

Post by Aza-itfc » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:12 am

Getting Fuller printed on the back of the new away shirt would have been a nice moment. I hope we bring him in the summer, as I'm not sure what sort of impact the knee injury will have on Fozzie.

uefacup81

Post by uefacup81 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:28 am

Hopefully with players leaving in the summer (Jim, Horlock et al.) we'll be able to free up enough wages to get him in! He definitely looks worth it from his return of goals!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:21 am

Imo our first priority should still be getting another good defender in.
Although De Vos has played well recently I feel that he may be even more exposed by his lack of pace next season.
Also, if Naylor got a medium to long term injury a pairing of Wilnis and De Vos might make do for a short period but certainly not long term.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:32 am

I also don't see the need for him. Parkin, Lee, Haynes, Forster, Clarke. ..

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:39 am

Shed on tour wrote:Imo our first priority should still be getting another good defender in.
Although De Vos has played well recently I feel that he may be even more exposed by his lack of pace next season.
Also, if Naylor got a medium to long term injury a pairing of Wilnis and De Vos might make do for a short period but certainly not long term.
I agree, it should be BFJ's priority in the summer to sign a decent defender. We have more than enough strikers at the club, and Fuller IMO was no better than the ones we have already.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:54 am

Gaz wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:Imo our first priority should still be getting another good defender in.
I agree, it should be BFJ's priority in the summer to sign a decent defender. We have more than enough strikers at the club, and Fuller IMO was no better than the ones we have already.
His got to be better than Proudlock! :lol: :wink:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:02 am

True BB but in fact we alrecdy released Proudlock :wink:

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:29 am

Dubai Blue wrote:True BB but in fact we alrecdy released Proudlock :wink:
i thought he was here till the end of the season

tractorboy4life

Post by tractorboy4life » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 pm

with forster coming back soon(fingas crossed) dont think well go for fuller unless at a bargain price and lowered wage. otherwise they would probably want around a million for him and thats money we cant afford to spend on a striker if we wanna getr juan and defender in!

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Only get fuller if a striker leaves. With Lee, Parkin, Forster and then Haynes and Clarke as a youngsters we have enough, with Bowditch coming back, that could make it 6!

No need for a striker, prefer a goalscoring midfielder and a defender

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:02 pm

Ive seen all fullers games for Town and he looks so out of shape and VERY VERY lazy, and he is no better that Lee, Haynes, Parkin or even Forster

Anglo-Saxon

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Jonno wrote:Ive seen all fullers games for Town and he looks so out of shape and VERY VERY lazy, and he is no better that Lee, Haynes, Parkin or even Forster
Two goals from a lazy man ain't bad, I still think M. Bent was a great player, looked lazy but was not IMHO

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Can only agree with the comments above, we have enough forwards, Lee and Parkin will be a good partnership.

ippers

Post by ippers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:13 pm

Fuller would be a good signing get rid of one of the donkeys i.e. Bowditch,or Forster and sign him up. He is also superior to Parkin IMO why do ppl keep saying he will be good nxt season?I have my doubts...

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Let's see,work permit issue,high wages,3 matches,2 goals,1 yellow,1 red card,3 matches banned and now he is gone....what a fiasco....part of the bad luck we have had this season.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:58 pm

Did someone say 'Bowditch coming back' ? I do hope not :lol:

We did release Proudlock didn't we chaps? Now I am starting to doubt my own memory. Sorry BB if I got that wrong.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm

i really dont see how people can still say that fuller is better than parkin, fuller is playing in a team that is confident and creating chances and is still said ( by people who have seen him) to be lazy

parkin has had a nightmare 1st season with us, not his fault at all, crap team at the beginning of the season, lumping the ball forward and BFJ's very strange tactics, then he gets a nasty injury, how can anyone judge him on that kind of season

also forster is a proven striker, had sh*t luck with injury but when fit is probaby the best 6 yard box paocher we'll have in a long time

can u see the pattern.???...lots of bad injuries, not the odd couple of weeks out but months on the sidelines

at least 2 new defenders are a priority for us, we're more than covered up front

crazee

Post by crazee » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:04 pm

We did release Proudlock didn't we chaps? Now I am starting to doubt my own memory. Sorry BB if I got that wrong.
nope he is still ours, but its almost certain he will be gone in the summer IMO

ippers

Post by ippers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:52 pm

Still Fuller scored 33% of Parkins goal tally in 2 games! He is proven at this level and Parkin certainly cant say tht, oh and poor Sammy Parkin playing with the "crap team at the beginning of the season" well I can tell you he certainly didn't do 2 much to suggest he wasn't crap!Although I dont doubt he could prove me wrong nxt season as he did have a very good record in the league below. But all in all surely Fuller over any striker at the club with the exception of Lee?

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:47 am

ippers wrote:Still Fuller scored 33% of Parkins goal tally in 2 games! He is proven at this level and Parkin certainly cant say tht, oh and poor Sammy Parkin playing with the "crap team at the beginning of the season" well I can tell you he certainly didn't do 2 much to suggest he wasn't crap!Although I dont doubt he could prove me wrong nxt season as he did have a very good record in the league below. But all in all surely Fuller over any striker at the club with the exception of Lee?
parkin played up front on his own, he needs to play off of another striker, or at least up front on his own with a mobile midfield to support him, he had niether before he got injured

fuller has scored 2 goals but has also been booked and then sent off, he hasnt looked that interested during games, to me id rather stick with parkin and give the lad a chance to prove all his doubters wrong

would u have fuller over a fit forster?? i certainly wouldnt

when shefki joined on loan at least he made an effort to win a full contract with us, fuller seems to be here for the ride, pack him off with proudlock i say

ippers

Post by ippers » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:28 pm

parkin played up front on his own, he needs to play off of another striker, or at least up front on his own with a mobile midfield to support him, he had niether before he got injured

fuller has scored 2 goals but has also been booked and then sent off, he hasnt looked that interested during games, to me id rather stick with parkin and give the lad a chance to prove all his doubters wrong

would u have fuller over a fit forster?? i certainly wouldnt

when shefki joined on loan at least he made an effort to win a full contract with us, fuller seems to be here for the ride, pack him off with proudlock i say
In a word, yes! Fuller has been prolific at this level for years, Forster just had one good season about 4 years ago (when we first went back down) and more to the point will Forster EVER be fully fit again?