Who are your most impressive supporters?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Who are your most impressive supporters?

Post by loudnproud » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:11 am

If their was an award for the best support of the season,I would have to give it to.........Portsmouth!!! Why? Win,loose or draw,they will sing to the end.Remember Arsenal thumping them? what were Pompy singing? "6-5!! we're gonna win 6-5.." In one voice too!!! They may not be a big glam club,but for me their support is.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:34 am

agreed LnP, went there about 5 years ago, fantastic atmosphere

although for best supporters id say any league 2 teams fans, they dont support a big team but follow their team all over the country, and if there is a bad season with relegation at the end of it ur in the conference

for instance, torquay were due to play stockport yestersday, they would of brought between 3 and 400 fans, but the game got called off at 2pm, just an hour before kick off, but they'll still be down for the rearranged game, just as torquay fans were for the reverse fixture earlier in the season

the north west has quite a few lower league clubs, but the fans still support them instead of liverpool, manure, man city or blackburn etc.....

monstermunch

Post by monstermunch » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:26 pm

Carlisle.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:56 am

gotta admit monstermunch, carlisle have always impressed me, they always take loads to away games

i see lincoln and grimsby fans had a bit of a ding dong on saturday :lol:

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:18 am

Riviera wrote:gotta admit monstermunch, carlisle have always impressed me, they always take loads to away games

i see lincoln and grimsby fans had a bit of a ding dong on saturday :lol:
My sis was at the game riv - she said you could tell who was there for the footy and who was there for extra curricular activities - that being said a fantastic result by Lincoln who will probably now push on into the play-offs once again!!!

They seem to be the ITFC of League 2!!! And a former ITFC player scored their 5th goal at the weekend hehe!! :D