"Countdown" on official ITFC Board.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:36 am

Obviously there are many reasons why people do not renew season tickets (I know 6 people who aren't).
As I have said before I'm not renewing mine as I'm spending that money on going to the World Cup (could not afford to do both). I made this decision about 18 months ago and would have still came to the same conclusion even if we had reached the so-called promised land by now.
Was actually thinking about this yesterday and thought if I was one of those yet to decide, would watching us starting with 1 striker up front at home against lower opposition really convince me that I should renew? :?

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:19 am

I renewed mine and my sons along with the AMP as soon as it landed on my door mat several weeks ago. I did so because i support IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB, not Garvin FC,or Currie FC,but ITFC.

Whoever is playing for Town next season is who i will be supporting,I firmly believe that we are no longer obliged to sell.I also believe that a large "Hands off" will be placed on Garvin,s head.

I hope that BFJ signs a good solid player for defensive cover,The signing of Juan would be great.To the best of my knowledge,unlike last season,where we had several players of influence who expressed a desire to move,I cant think of one single player,with the exception of Bowditch,who would want to leave.

Following the Town or any other club both home and away as some of us do,can be an expensive buisness.I personally know of several who wont be renewing simply because that they can not afford to do so,Yet they still love this club as much as any other,Likewise i know of others that are buying for the first time too.

Trying to hold supporters up for ransom in statements that we could loose our tallent if not enough season tickets are sold is pathetic. To sustain our debt and compete,the club requires a gate of just over 21,000,How many times were we below that figure this season?now compare it to how many times we were well over that figure this season!!

I'm confident that the club will announce that season ticket sales are around the 17,500 mark,which to put it in context with Leeds Utd who has a fan base 5 times that of ours,though is the same as Leeds in terms of season tickets sold.

I renewed because next season is going to be awsome and i want to be part of this comming triumphant season and ensure my son and i do not miss a match.I renewed because i am loudnproud and wish to remain so..
see ya awl at Luton!!

crikes

Post by crikes » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:55 am

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mork

Re: "Countdown" on official ITFC Board.....

Post by Mork » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:52 am

hallamblue wrote:..."16 days to go ..." to get your ST at discounted price .

Does this indicate that they are not selling too well ?
What about a countdown to when Sheepshanks sells some of our young talent to balance the books, as soon as the season ticket pre-orders are all in?

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:52 am

Surely the wage bill at the end of this season will be even smaller for next season, what with veterans like Magilton and Horlock leaving, they must have been on a fair wack, and with the likes of Barron and Casement signing new contracts surely they won't be on as much as Magilton put together.

Norfolk Tractor Boy

Post by Norfolk Tractor Boy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:59 pm

1978greats wrote:
Norfolk Tractor Boy wrote:Well , i'm sticking to my word and NOT re-newing my season ticket after sheepshanks went back on his word of "NOT SELLING OUR YOUNG PLAYERS!!!"
I say to him DARREN BENT! for a pitance.
And i bet he sell's another this summer! :evil:
Darren Bent wanted to go....you cant force a player to stay....no other club made a bid for him, there was no bidding war...FACT
What about Darren Ambrose, Titus Bramble, Keiron Dyer etc etc

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:04 pm

Norfolk Tractor Boy wrote:
1978greats wrote:
Norfolk Tractor Boy wrote:Well , i'm sticking to my word and NOT re-newing my season ticket after sheepshanks went back on his word of "NOT SELLING OUR YOUNG PLAYERS!!!"
I say to him DARREN BENT! for a pitance.
And i bet he sell's another this summer! :evil:
Darren Bent wanted to go....you cant force a player to stay....no other club made a bid for him, there was no bidding war...FACT
What about Darren Ambrose, Titus Bramble, Keiron Dyer etc etc
To be fair the sale of Ambrose was out of the hands of the board and was forced by the administrators.
Imo we really shafted Newcastle with the Bramble transfer and the Dyer fee was not bad. Christ I'm sticking up for Sheepy here better go and take the tablets!!! :wink: :lol:

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:04 pm

lol