Taking The Season Ticket Sales Debate Further

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Taking The Season Ticket Sales Debate Further

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:27 am

If the worst case scenario does happen and the season tickets sales are low and this leads to youngsters being sold who do you blame?
The people who have not renewed or a board of directors who have let we say at times been economical with the truth regarding player sales in the past, which in turn may have caused some supporters to doubt their word this time.
Last edited by Shed on tour on Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:53 am

I would blame those that have not renewed!!!! Like ive said previously,win,loose or draw,I support the club and not individual players who want to move on or indeed those that have to move on.
Kelvin Davies last season had to move on for the temptation of 1mill + for him was too great,having consulted BFJ begging the question "is Price and Supple good enough Joe?" I would of made the same call. If Charlton offered serious money for Garvin...4mill+,I would consult my manager and pose the question,"Joe? have you got a better replacement lined up if we sell?" I ask who would you buy to replace Garvin.
enjoy the season and stop panicing!!!!This squad is going to be awesome next season!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:07 am

The thing is though if we received a decent fee for Garvan how much of that money would the board give to Joe to re-invest in the team?
Last season we got the money for DB and KD but Joe didn't see to much of it.

McDonna29
Site Administrator

Post by McDonna29 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:11 am

loudnproud wrote:I would blame those that have not renewed!!!! Like ive said previously,win,loose or draw,I support the club and not individual players who want to move on or indeed those that have to move on.
Kelvin Davies last season had to move on for the temptation of 1mill + for him was too great,having consulted BFJ begging the question "is Price and Supple good enough Joe?" I would of made the same call. If Charlton offered serious money for Garvin...4mill+,I would consult my manager and pose the question,"Joe? have you got a better replacement lined up if we sell?" I ask who would you buy to replace Garvin.
enjoy the season and stop panicing!!!!This squad is going to be awesome next season!
I don't understand people who renewed for this season, but will nto renew for next season. Fair enough, some people will have valid financial reasons, things like that, but not renewing because people are disappointed with this season is a bit stupid to me.

We've done as well as could be expected this season, maybe even better. Last season Sheepshanks didn't say "Renew your season tickets and we won't sell anyone" he actually said "Renew your season tickets and we MIGHT not have to sell players".

Two of the players that left didn't want to stay (Bent and Kuqi) and there was no way we could compete contract wise, I don't see how the board can be blamed for that. Davis was a offer too good to refuse and Supple / Price have been perfectly good enough as replacements. Again, I don't see that the board can be criticised much for that.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:25 am

I have already sent off for the renewal of both Jane and my season
tickets..

Bottom line from me, is yes I am frustrated by some of the talk
coming from ITFC, yes I am disillusioned sometimes, but at the
end of the day I support ITFC and would do if we were in a lower
league.

Of course thats MY choice, bearing in mind my travels this forthcoming
year I probably wont get to see that may games for my money,but having said that In see the prosecpts for the 2006/2007 season being much better than what I expect this season and I feel good about
doing my bit.

Its all part of the makeup of being a super blues fan as far as
I am concerned.

Come on you champs..

ps: anyone think I am joking if I said I will be putting a large sum
of money on us to win the Championship outright

waaaaaaaaaaaahay

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:57 am

Eddie
As I said the other day in a post I honestly believe that the supporters of this club have been friggin marvelous in their backing since relegation.
As Joe said at a shareholders meeting I went to earlier in the season, if some of the things which have happened at PR during the past few years had occured at other clubs then the lynch mobs would have been out!
However, I do feel that there are a number of supporters who do have doubts about DS sticking to his word regarding player sales and this may be causing them to think twice about renewing next season. Hopefully the sales of s/t's will be enough so that the board can prove that they are good to their word and then any player sales for once will be on our terms.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:43 am

FWIW I cannot stand Sheepshanks and feel his time on the board is well past its sell by date.

Also I won't be buying a Season Ticket next season - but this has nothing to do with the football on display, the management or the chairman - it is financial. I will try to get to as many games as possible, but sometimes in life there are more important things for us mere mortals than nipping up the local park to watch a kick about.

I sincerely hope no-one will be sold for next season as I have belief that like a phoenix we will rise from the ashes and become an unstoppable force over the next couple of years. However my priorities in life come before any association with ITFC. I dare say some will suggest I am not a "real" fan, but hey I don't really care.

Someone who wants to put football before their "real" lives are hardly living in the "real" world and their opinion doesn't count anyway!!!

WOOHOO - still here is to an improved season next year!! :D

crazee

Post by crazee » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:01 am

ps: anyone think I am joking if I said I will be putting a large sum
of money on us to win the Championship outright
ill be joining in that, if the odds are good enough, i did come close to not renewing my season ticket mainly because im now an adult so my price has more then doubled :shock:

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:03 am

Fair comment and good point Mole, If funds were not available at my end i wouldnt renew either,You will still enjoy next season as much as i i'm sure!!!

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:14 am

Shed on tour wrote:The thing is though if we received a decent fee for Garvan how much of that money would the board give to Joe to re-invest in the team?
To be fair Joe had a million to spend combined on perminant transfers and loans which IMO is a decent budget.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:25 pm

Luke wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:The thing is though if we received a decent fee for Garvan how much of that money would the board give to Joe to re-invest in the team?
To be fair Joe had a million to spend combined on perminant transfers and loans which IMO is a decent budget.
Luke
That is still only about a third of what we received in transfer fees though.
Obviously there are other factors to take into account like we don't get all the money in one go and under the terms of the CVA I asume a percentage of any income from transfer fees have to go to creditors (I ain't no accountant so may very well be wrong in this assumption).
Still think it will be interesting to see if we reach the season ticket sale target and the board get an offer for Garvan which they deem acceptable,how much of that would be given to Joe.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:50 pm

McDonna25 wrote:
loudnproud wrote:I would blame those that have not renewed!!!! Like ive said previously,win,loose or draw,I support the club and not individual players who want to move on or indeed those that have to move on.
I don't understand people who renewed for this season, but will nto renew for next season. Fair enough, some people will have valid financial reasons, things like that, but not renewing because people are disappointed with this season is a bit stupid to me.

We've done as well as could be expected this season, maybe even better. Last season Sheepshanks didn't say "Renew your season tickets and we won't sell anyone" he actually said "Renew your season tickets and we MIGHT not have to sell players".

Two of the players that left didn't want to stay (Bent and Kuqi) and there was no way we could compete contract wise, I don't see how the board can be blamed for that. Davis was a offer too good to refuse and Supple / Price have been perfectly good enough as replacements. Again, I don't see that the board can be criticised much for that.
Thankyou Tom and Dave...phew saved me from getting my knickers in a twist again :oops: ....you two have said just what I feel too...thanks guys :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Well hopefully season ticket sales will reach the boards requirements and then as they say the proof will be in the pudding.

tractor_girl1978

Post by tractor_girl1978 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:12 pm

I won't be renewing my season ticket unfoutunly But my reason is basically to do with my finances It just that I want to get a Christmas job in Bluewater as I'm running low on funds at the moment and I just can't afford to travel up to Ipswich every other Saturday I will however be renwing my season ticket after the Christmas holidays. In the mean time I will be buying a Sliver Card and try to get to as many games as possiable in the mean time.