Value for our players...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Dazza

Value for our players...

Post by Dazza » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:38 pm

Ok, so its coming up to that time again, when we sell everyone!!! Realistically, how much do you value our players at?

Is out most expensive Garven an maybe 1 million?

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:40 pm

no i think hes worth a bit more than that, all depends on how many clubs want him for how much he might sell for, 2 or 3 clubs want him they will try and out bid each other but if like darren bent only one club bids for him he would sell for next to nothing

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Depends which players we are looking at.

Garvan i think is worth about. 1.25m
Richards 650k?
Haynes - 500k

Other players?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Dazza
No need to worry mate we ain't selling anybody! :wink:

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:56 pm

Shed on tour wrote:Dazza
hope your right, if we can keep this squad we will do very well next season :D :D :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:02 pm

In all seriousness only what a club will pay for them.
Was Dean Ashton worth almost 3 times more than Darren Bent? Yet Norwich got that amount as Wet Spam were willing to pay it.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:48 pm

Not saying anyone will be sold, but as you've just said a player is worth what a club will pay, what rpice would you be happy for our top players? When would you feel we've got value for money?

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm

garvan- 2.5 million
juan-2-million

they are our two best players will be worth a lot more if in the premiership

haynes will be worth quita a bit two

Luke

Re: Value for our players...

Post by Luke » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Dazza wrote:Ok, so its coming up to that time again, when we sell everyone!!! Realistically, how much do you value our players at?

David Pleat in a small article in the Guardian sports paper valued Garvan at around 1.5 million

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Dazza wrote:
Not saying anyone will be sold, but as you've just said a player is worth what a club will pay, what rpice would you be happy for our top players? When would you feel we've got value for money?
Dazza
If we really do not need to sell then I wouldn't let Garvan go for anything less than 3-4 million.
I'm not saying that he is worth that at this moment in time or that a club is willing to pay that amount for him but it would certainly show any club that if they really want our young talent then from now on it is really going to cost them.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:48 pm

Luke wrote:
Dazza wrote:Ok, so its coming up to that time again, when we sell everyone!!! Realistically, how much do you value our players at?

David Pleat in a small article in the Guardian sports paper valued Garvan at around 1.5 million
Luke
Somebody told me about the article and said Pleat likened him to Liam Brady.
Shame we couldn't have somehow edited the article to say he is a load of crap and will never make the grade!!!! :wink:

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:52 pm

I actually believe the board when they say they don't have to sell just as I believed them last year.

This year as opposed to last our players are all signing contract extensions. Did someone say that Garvan & DeVos were our most attractive sales prospects ? Well they both just signed. Look at last year... Bent & Miller were both persuaded by their agents not to sign contract extensions. In Miller's case I think very cynically.

Relax. We just need to get Juan on board. I don't think we are likely to get 2m for him just yet :wink: (Although Monaco might).

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:53 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:I actually believe the board when they say they don't have to sell just as I believed them last year.

This year as opposed to last our players are all signing contract extensions. Did someone say that Garvan & DeVos were our most attractive sales prospects ? Well they both just signed. Look at last year... Bent & Miller were both persuaded by their agents not to sign contract extensions. In Miller's case I think very cynically.

Relax. We just need to get Juan on board. I don't think we are likely to get 2m for him just yet :wink: (Although Monaco might).
Dubai
Unfortunatley not from us though! :lol: :lol:

ippers

Post by ippers » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:09 pm

Its difficult to value players like Supple, Haynes, Garvan, Juan etc because they are young and unproven, but at the same time what is the point of selling them at say 500k? We wont sell anyone we dont want to this summer simply because we dont have any quality proven players which is all good 4 us :wink:

crazee

Post by crazee » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:17 pm

we have no need to sell this time round, all our players that are worth selling have good length contracts so we can hold out for more and if we do what norwich* did when they sold Ashton we could get good fees

*Norwich did not confirm or deny the clubs (or as it turned out club) that had mad offers for Ashton so had West Ham bidding against themselves

John

Post by John » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:00 pm

ippers wrote:Its difficult to value players like Supple, Haynes, Garvan, Juan etc because they are young and unproven, but at the same time what is the point of selling them at say 500k? We wont sell anyone we dont want to this summer simply because we dont have any quality proven players which is all good 4 us :wink:
juan aint our player for starters.......as for the rest they are worth atleast 10m :lol:

come on charlton......you want em, pay for em

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:00 am

Well obviously you can only sell for what people are willing to pay - however both sides of a transfer revolve around calling each others bluff. The buying side will bid as low as possible when they believe no-one else is interested and the selling team needs to hold out for the best possible price.

In the past it has been quite evident that from a selling point of view we have been weak as p1ss - now the board need to make a stand and declare that if any players are to be sold it is purely on our terms and valuations. Pleading poverty will no longer cut the mustard IMO. If any club wants Garvan then stick a £10m price tag on his head!!!

Any club who sees the talent and wants him that badly will go for it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:42 am

:shock: :shock: ???

Well Arsenal recently paid - wot ? £12million for Theo Walcott's as yet "unproven potential"....Garvan has IMO equal potential...so based this presedent set by Arsenal's actions - Id say at least £6million !!!

The probelm is ..if you set a price tag for any of our exceptional talents a Club WILL come in for them - so IF we intend to cash in on them - set that price tag high ...VERY HIGH ....whtas good for scum (Ashton)..is good for us too.

It's about time this Board got its act together ref...financial negotiations - "organising a p*ss up in a brewery" comes to mind for recent transactions . ie lets allow MacDonald to go for ZERO ..when we were offered £75k !!! :roll: :roll:

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:48 am

Garvan reminds me of Fabregas in they way that both of them play, Garvan has the potential to be as good so I would say put a £10 million price tag on him, therefore if we do have to sell him we would get around 6 or 7 million.

Not that I want to sell him of course.

crazee

Post by crazee » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:44 am

It's about time this Board got its act together ref...financial negotiations - "organising a p*ss up in a brewery" comes to mind for recent transactions . ie lets allow MacDonald to go for ZERO ..when we were offered £75k !!!
same thing happended with Justin Miller aswell a few years back, oddly i think it was hartlepool involved that time aswell

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:39 am

truefan2005 wrote:garvan- 2.5 million
juan-2-million
they are our two best players will be worth a lot more if in the premiership

haynes will be worth quita a bit two

we will never sign him then :cry: