Royle challenges Deano!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

twinpeakes

Royle challenges Deano!

Post by twinpeakes » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:10 am

wonder if it will do any good!

BLUES boss Joe Royle has challenged Dean Bowditch to show he has come back a stronger player after his loan spell at Wycombe Wanderers.
Bowditch returns to the Ipswich fold for the trip to Luton Town tomorrow with front man Alan Lee struggling to play after suffering from a groin injury, having recently recovering from a hamstring tear.

Royle is hoping Lee will come through training today and will decide tomorrow morning whether to keep him in the starting line-up.

Jay McEveley is also added to the 17-man squad, with Dean McDonald dropping out.

Former Arsenal trainee McDonald, who has been told he will not be offered a new deal with Ipswich, is already attracting interest from a number of clubs including Blackpool and Bradford City.

Royle said: “Because Dean McDonald did so well when he was on loan at Hartlepool he is bound to attract a lot of interest from lower league clubs and we have already have preliminary inquiries from a few clubs.

“But Dean Bowditch coming back was a factor in us not offering McDonald a deal. Bowditch is in the squad for Saturday and we will see how he has benefited from being at Wycombe Wanderers.

“He might have only scored one goal while at Wycombe but there has never been a doubt about Dean's talent but we need to see a better end product. He has pace and ability but he needs to show more aggression and that end product.”

Bowditch still has two years left on his current contract at Portman Road and has been another popular player who has risen through the youth ranks, making a big impression when he made a winning debut in the East Anglian derby at Norwich.

Travelling with the squad, but an injury doubt, is the 36-year-old Jim Magilton who is struggling to be fit to play as his arthritic toe is swollen.

With Juan Juan training normally Town have a ready-made replacement and the Frenchman is likely to start alongside Owen Garvan in midfield.

Royle said: “Jim is unlikely to be fit but Jimmy trained and came through fine.”

The Blues boss also admitted that in an ideal world he would have liked the Ulsterman to stay longer at Portman Road, but finances and evolution ruled out the possibility of that happening.

Royle said: “Jim has made his mind up and the time is right for him. It is also right for us with the emergence of so many midfielders at the club.

“In the right situation it would have been lovely for Jim to stay because he is excellent around the place but we don't have that luxury and anyway it is probably time for Jim to strike out on his own.”

Monaco are understood to be monitoring Juan's progress and will have someone watching him at Kenilworth Road tomorrow and reporting back before a decision to allow him to move to Ipswich is taken.

Fabian Wilnis will today become the third Blues defender to sign a new deal when he puts pen to paper on a new one-year contract, following Jason De Vos and Chris Casement who signed on Wednesday.

Richard Naylor returns after a two-match ban while Scott Barron is fine after a tired hamstring but he is expected to make way for McEveley at some point.

Royle said: “Jay will play at some stage. We are running out of games and we would like to see him back playing.”

The maximum allocation of 1,770 Blues fans will make the trip to Kenilworth Road and the away supporters have received another accolade this week.

Preston praised the 565 travelling fans for their fortitude and behaviour at the midweek game at Deepdale earlier this month when Town lost 3-1 in controversial circumstances.

Preston's ground safety officer David Holden said: “These supporters were a credit to the club and behaved impeccably throughout the night. If only all supporters would conduct themselves in a similar fashion.

“It was a pleasure to host them and I hope they enjoyed the game despite the weather conditions and the result. They will be welcome back to Deepdale with open arms at any time.”

Tomorrow's Ipswich Town squad: Supple, Price, Barron, Sito, Wilnis, McEveley, Naylor, De Vos, Magilton, Richards, Juan, Garvan, Magilton, Brekke Skard, Bowditch, Lee and Haynes.

What a contradiction of terms considering Wycombe dont want him

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 am

how many more chances do we give Deano ?

I know :idea: lets turn down any future offer we may get for him...then "release him" a few weeks later for nothing !! - makes good business sense, and is the "Ipswich way" all said an done !! :roll:

burgesshillblue

Post by burgesshillblue » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:30 am

Well if Alan Lee doesn't make it tomorrow Deano will be the 'senior' striker. Heaven help us ! Although with a Monaco scout supposedly watching Juan he might just decide to turn on the style !

nieros
Site Administrator

Post by nieros » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:46 am

Royle challenges Deano!
Was kinda hoping it was to a boxing match, or a duel at 10 paces or something. Tho, we know that deano would still miss at 10 paces.....

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:51 am

nieros wrote:

Royle challenges Deano!
Was kinda hoping it was to a boxing match, or a duel at 10 paces or something. Tho, we know that deano would still miss at 10 paces.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: I hope he makes you eat your words...and my thoughts on it too

Ojc

Post by Ojc » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:27 am

All Dean needs is a couple of goals in front of a home crowd to up his confidence and start scoring.

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:30 am

Hes got to score them first!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mork

Post by Mork » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:04 am

Ojc wrote:All Dean needs is a couple of goals in front of a home crowd to up his confidence and start scoring.
horseshit.

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:17 am

Mork wrote:
Ojc wrote:All Dean needs is a couple of goals in front of a home crowd to up his confidence and start scoring.
horseshit.
Amen brudder.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:08 pm

Bowditch has been given miles too many chances already, Joe should let him go at the end of the season and give a couple of the other youngsters a chance.

Bowditch is no better than a very average 2nd division striker, he has proved that when hes gone out on loan, so y the hell is Joe willing to give him another chance

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:09 pm

Bowditch showed a lot of promise last season i just dont know where its gone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:12 pm

He hasnt shown a single thing since his hat trick against Watford a few seasons ago, plain and simple, he isnt good enuf

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:15 pm

I hope dean scores a hattrick,but I guess he´d still be c"#nted off by the majority.All strikers play on confidence,particulary the very young ones.COME ON YOU TOWN :)

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 pm

If the player in question was a cocky little pr*ck who thinks hes too big for the club then alot more people would be giving him a chance, and get behind him

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:44 pm

Jonno wrote:He hasnt shown a single thing since his hat trick against Watford a few seasons ago, plain and simple, he isnt good enuf
Lets be fair, two of those were gifts :D :D :D

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:47 pm

Exacty lol and everybody praises him cause he help set up darren bents goal against Norwich a few years ago, lol he bloody fell over the ball :lol:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:57 pm

I just hope after this latest challenge Royle has the balls to get rid of him when he fails to deliver the goods :wink:

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:39 pm

lets not forget people his just a kid,still learning who he is,and he is growing as a person as much as he is growing as a footballer....I for one believe he can be a good player,but we have to put him in the right position on the pitch and in the right position mentally,I can tell you this,he has come back here with a whole new outlook on how good he has it at our club,and I do believe that was what royle was looking for.....a bit of humility

Luke

Post by Luke » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:38 pm

MMJR67 wrote:lets not forget people his just a kid,still learning who he is,and he is growing as a person as much as he is growing as a footballer....I for one believe he can be a good player,but we have to put him in the right position on the pitch and in the right position mentally,I can tell you this,he has come back here with a whole new outlook on how good he has it at our club,and I do believe that was what royle was looking for.....a bit of humility
He has come back here with a new outlook ? How the hell do you know that ? On the coaching staff are we ? :lol:
Bowditch had all the potential but is a arrogent wanker and beleived his own hype and rested on his laurels..

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:42 pm

Luke wrote: Bowditch had all the potential but is a arrogent wanker and beleived his own hype and rested on his laurels..
Its true, i know people at the club, and even a couple of the players have commented in the past saying he thinks hes to big for the club.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:55 pm

IS ROYLE STILL CHALLENGING HIM ??????

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:09 pm

Luke wrote:
MMJR67 wrote:lets not forget people his just a kid,still learning who he is,and he is growing as a person as much as he is growing as a footballer....I for one believe he can be a good player,but we have to put him in the right position on the pitch and in the right position mentally,I can tell you this,he has come back here with a whole new outlook on how good he has it at our club,and I do believe that was what royle was looking for.....a bit of humility
He has come back here with a new outlook ? How the hell do you know that ? On the coaching staff are we ? :lol:
Bowditch had all the potential but is a arrogent wanker and beleived his own hype and rested on his laurels..
watch the video interview and listen to what comes out of his mouth and go from there ,and yes, to your other comment,I have a friend who works for the club ,asnd we had quite a nice chat the other day about a few things....cheers to ya

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:49 pm

Mork wrote:
horseshit.
Mork, sometimes I wonder about your comments, and although I mean no
offence by saying that, I am totally and utterly with you on this
one..

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:51 pm

lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

me 2

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:04 pm

I am on a downer about todays game, Not because we lost
but because of the team Joe Royle chose.

How the feck do people think young Danny Haynes
feels, he has been a great contributor for town over a reasonable
period of time this season, Look at the Naaridge game, he had the sh*t kicked out of him because he commited himself.

I know I am a gonna sound a bighead and dont care, but in my profession I give it my all and thats why I have the job I have, and reap the benefits whether I m fortunate or not is irrelevant, but if I was to be knocked back the way I feel Danny was today, I would tell my client to go screw themselves. I have other opportunities where people would appreciate my services, albeit Danny is subject to contract, He
can play the game. Perhaps Town should look and try to understand
the Darren Bent scenario regarding commitment.

Or am I being contraversial.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:12 am

Deano had the right attitude at Luton, To some he was non effective,to me he got himself into some great positions just didnt quite make himself heard enough to be picked up, The way that he responded to the crowd was good to see too.Remember that this was the same crowd that only a few months ago was booing him and his attitude.