Joe Royle

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

clethbridge8

Joe Royle

Post by clethbridge8 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:02 pm

Hi Guys!

I'm a bit tipsy! So sorry if this doesn't make sense!

A few months ago a lot of us were calling for Joe to be sacked, but he turned thinks around and we started to win a few games, so the pressure was of him again. I have never liked joe as a manager, but was willing for him to have a go. This season when he had a full choice of players we were crap! and again yesterday when we are begging to get players back Joe seems to pick a crap team! I'm a bit worried that next season when we have a full fit team, he will pick a crap team like yesterday!

Why, why, why, why! play naylor up front! he is the worst player in the world up front! I don't care who we have to play up front but not naylor, magic would have been better! naylor is a half desent centre back, so joe lets keep him there!

And for McEverley! he's crap! Joe better not spend money on him in the summer!

I think my point is, can joe manage a team? when we were playin well, it was cause the team picked it self, but now more players are coming back, its getting like the begging of the season again!

Com'on Joe sort it out! the best team we have at the mo is

Supple

Wilnis
De Vos
Naylor
Barron

Williams
Garvan
Juan
Richards

Parkin
Lee

But would Joe pick that team if everyone was fit?

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:08 pm

i agree with sum points mate but to say that joe has had a full choice of players is not true by a long shot, we have an impossible number of injuries this season, and with the start we have had, where we are now is a great succes, give joe a break and look forward to next season wich i remain very optimistic about

clethbridge8

Post by clethbridge8 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:14 pm

i know he didn't have a full choice of players, but he is getting more of a choice! and when he does get a full choice will he be able to pick the best team! when we did have a full choice of midfielders earlier in the season, he played 3 accross the park, Horlock, Magic and Currie! that was his first choice and now two of the are on a free!

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:16 pm

but after he sorted out the midfield it was brilliant probably the best i the division apart from maybe reading, garvan currie, juan, nd richards is a very good midfeild and it is the best asset of our team

clethbridge8

Post by clethbridge8 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:20 pm

truefan2005 wrote:but after he sorted out the midfield it was brilliant probably the best i the division apart from maybe reading, garvan currie, juan, nd richards is a very good midfeild and it is the best asset of our team
I know thats one of the best midfields, but did joe sort it out? I think it might have been forced on him! so when he gets the choice of a few players, like yesterday, will he make the right choice?

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:21 pm

well we will have to wait and see, for now i am standing by joe and i think he is the right man for the job