Reserves Tonight

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

1978greats

Reserves Tonight

Post by 1978greats » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:52 pm

Im off to watch the reserves play charlton tonight and I like the look of the line up more than saturdays :roll: :wink:

Reserves: Lewis Price, Chris Casement, Luke Webster, Vemund Brekke Skard, Scott Mitchell, James Krause, Jaime Peters, Liam Trotter, Dean Bowditch, Dean McDonald, Danny Haynes. Subs: Darryl Knights, Óskar Pétursson, Ollie Fenn, Kieran Leabon.

Bet its a better game too :wink:

truefan2005

Post by truefan2005 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:55 pm

thats a great line up, should be a good game your right.

Luke

Re: Reserves Tonight

Post by Luke » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:24 pm

1978greats wrote:Im off to watch the reserves play charlton tonight and I like the look of the line up more than saturdays :roll: :wink:

Reserves: Lewis Price, Chris Casement, Luke Webster, Vemund Brekke Skard, Scott Mitchell, James Krause, Jaime Peters, Liam Trotter, Dean Bowditch, Dean McDonald, Danny Haynes. Subs: Darryl Knights, Óskar Pétursson, Ollie Fenn, Kieran Leabon.

Bet its a better game too :wink:
That cant be right Nicky....
Dont all our reserves already play for Charlton :wink: :lol:

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:54 pm

Losing 2-1 at half time, Bowditch scored :lol:

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:38 pm

Lost 2.1.... Charlton had Bothroyd and Fortune playing ...was a good game...mind you watching anything was always going to be better than Saturday :roll: ...Casement was great again...had lots of freedom to get forward and some of his crosses were fantastic....Bowditch could not have failed to score the goal...it was an easy toe poke lol.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:08 pm

Well i too made the 150 mile round trip hoping to be inspired by the returning Fozzie and the rated Casement and Skard.
Fozzie was noware to be found,so i have to assume that we wont get to see him again this season.
Casement for me was well below his best playing at right back,His passing was at times poor,he was left standing a few times too by a lively Charlton attack. Haynes looked lively up front and Bowditch had a better game too getting into some good positions. Jamie Peters switching from left to right wing had some good moments and showed great pace when running at defenders. Mini-mac was slotted just behind the front two of Haynes and Bowditch,poor distribution from mac and not too helpfull in defending whenever we had lost posession.
Lewis Price in goal showed lack of concentration for both goals. I can see this keeper moving on with performances like this tonite.I do wish he would come off his line whenever his 6 yard area is under attack.
Skard for me was certainly man of the match, He was running the midfield on his own creating his own space.His passing was simple,his vision was wide his presance was inspiring...I can see a bright future in front of this former school teacher.

burgesshillblue

Post by burgesshillblue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:02 am

Thanks for the interesting report loudnproud. I too think we should cash in on Price while we can. Perhaps Skaard did enough for a start on Saturday along with Casement.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:31 pm

loudnproud wrote:Well i too made the 150 mile round trip hoping to be inspired by the returning Fozzie and the rated Casement and Skard.
Fozzie was noware to be found,so i have to assume that we wont get to see him again this season.
Casement for me was well below his best playing at right back,His passing was at times poor,he was left standing a few times too by a lively Charlton attack. Haynes looked lively up front and Bowditch had a better game too getting into some good positions. Jamie Peters switching from left to right wing had some good moments and showed great pace when running at defenders. Mini-mac was slotted just behind the front two of Haynes and Bowditch,poor distribution from mac and not too helpfull in defending whenever we had lost posession.
Lewis Price in goal showed lack of concentration for both goals. I can see this keeper moving on with performances like this tonite.I do wish he would come off his line whenever his 6 yard area is under attack.
Skard for me was certainly man of the match, He was running the midfield on his own creating his own space.His passing was simple,his vision was wide his presance was inspiring...I can see a bright future in front of this former school teacher.

Skard has been improving week in week out and is now looking a good prospect 8)

I saw Forster in town earlier in the day....rushing :lol: ..he was in full training gear and I was hoping that meant he was playing ...but obviously not :roll:

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:41 pm

Can anyone enlighten me as to where our reserves will be playing next season as we are being booted from the prem reserve league.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:35 pm

MMJR67 wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to where our reserves will be playing next season as we are being booted from the prem reserve league.
well almost ceratinly not at Portman Road :( ....... more likely local clubs like Needham Market or the likes.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:05 pm

1978greats wrote:
MMJR67 wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to where our reserves will be playing next season as we are being booted from the prem reserve league.
well almost ceratinly not at Portman Road :( ....... more likely local clubs like Needham Market or the likes.
Said in Evening star it will be the training gorund along with the needham market and other local sports venues which suggested they will switch it around suffolk.

Why are we being booted out of the prem reserve league ?

crazee

Post by crazee » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:30 pm

we're not a premiership side anymore, havent been for awhile and we have now been voted out of the league, Reading are taking our place i think

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:31 pm

crazee wrote:we're not a premiership side anymore, havent been for awhile and we have now been voted out of the league, Reading are taking our place i think
Fair enough. I had wondered why we were still premier reserves for the past few seasons.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:33 pm

burgesshillblue wrote:Thanks for the interesting report loudnproud. I too think we should cash in on Price while we can. Perhaps Skaard did enough for a start on Saturday along with Casement.
I think its time for both these players to get a start. They should have started on Saturday asgainst luton, especially Skaard as Luton were a big physical side. Seeing as there is nothing to play for now more of these players should be brought though and given a game.

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:23 pm

[I think its time for both these players to get a start. They should have started on Saturday asgainst luton, especially Skaard as Luton were a big physical side. Seeing as there is nothing to play for now more of these players should be brought though and given a game.[/quote]

Agreed...and its looking like we'll have to plan for the post Juan period too :( lets hope he quits Monacco at the end of next season...hey dreams are free!!!