share issue

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Moped Phil

share issue

Post by Moped Phil » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:34 am

about the share issue.i have not got money too waste.who do they think i am. :cry: :cry: :cry: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:38 am

Moped
This time next year you will be a millionaire!!! :wink: :lol:

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:10 pm

If you dont want to put money into the share issue then dont. Personaly i dont see the problem with the club trying to gather some more funds. Remeber buying a share is OPTIONAL you dont HAVE to buy it :lol:

SashaBlue

Post by SashaBlue » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:18 pm

with people reluctant to buy Season tickets (although they will), i can't see many digging deeper into their pockets

Fully

Post by Fully » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:28 pm

SashaBlue wrote:with people reluctant to buy Season tickets (although they will), i can't see many digging deeper into their pockets
May be good for local businesses to invest though.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:38 pm

The board must be so bright at Ipswich, the 1st time they did the shares we were playing crap, alot of people bought them but also alot didnt bother cause we werent doing very well, now were in the worst position weve been in decades and they think they will put more up for sale, its stupid. they should of done it at the begining of this season when we were doing ok, either that or wait til the start of next season and see how were doing, the better the club is doing the more shares they will sell

crazee

Post by crazee » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:42 pm

this current share issue is to raise funds to buy players so really it has to be done now so we have money for the summer, ive clearly got more money then sense because if it is open to all current share holders ill be buying more meaning about 20% of my income is going into the club i love (im never going to get a new car at this rate!)

Mork

Post by Mork » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:47 pm

Jonno wrote:The board must be so bright at Ipswich, the 1st time they did the shares we were playing crap, alot of people bought them but also alot didnt bother cause we werent doing very well, now were in the worst position weve been in decades and they think they will put more up for sale, its stupid. they should of done it at the begining of this season when we were doing ok, either that or wait til the start of next season and see how were doing, the better the club is doing the more shares they will sell
Clearly relying on the sympathy vote - we're crap because we're poor, please give us your money.

Worked last time, lot of people still go around telling the heart-breaking story of Administration as if that explains why we play Naylor up front, buy Donkeys, go out 4-5-1 at home, look defensively naieve on a regular basis, and bottle anything important.

the-mole

Post by the-mole » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:45 am

it is amazing just how much money this club has potentially missed out on in recent years!!!

The club could have made a killing had they sold shares when we were in the prem, especially the second season!! Money raised then would have enabled us to have been debt free had we have been relegated (which happened)!!

But the board at the time didn't like the idea of other people having a say on how their affairs were run, perhaps more to the point a share issue would have meant opening up the clubs accounts to see just where all the money was going???

So there we go a few years down the line rapping on about a share issue, now the club are pleading poverty and we make about 10% of potentially what we could have made if we were in the prem.

I don't need to discuss the Dean McDonald situation to find how hillarious the boards and managements decisions are. ITFC must be the biggest laughing stock in the football league (except Boston United)!!

So there is talk of a second share issue, then in a couple of years there will be a third and so on and so forth. What this board has failed to realise is that us fans have been spoonfed lies now for the past few years and we will not be willing to part with our money without seeing success first and foremost.

They can use as much blackmail as they like, but they need to restore consumer confidence and trust into the paying supporters who have grown tired and bored with the current situation!!