Niemi, Camara, Henchoz!!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

calmore tractorboy

Niemi, Camara, Henchoz!!!

Post by calmore tractorboy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:03 pm

I see we are being linked with Niemi at the mo who I would love to see at Town but what do you reckon to tne other too...Henri Camara would be a good buy I reckon and would get us a good amount of goals and Henchoz is a top defender with Premiership class.....What do you reckon??

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Where did you hear this?

Have also seen weve been linked to a Cardiff CB, according to BBC sport.

tractorollson

Post by tractorollson » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:Where did you hear this?

Have also seen weve been linked to a Cardiff CB, according to BBC sport.
viewtopic.php?t=46896

HarryB

Post by HarryB » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:17 pm

I would certainly take Niemi as our no. 1 for next season.
Henchoz is on his way down every year, will probably retire before long.
Camara will stay in the Premiership I reckon.

tractorollson

Post by tractorollson » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Henchoz i have never rated. He has always been slow and if you thought de vos was slow, oh dear.

wilnisfan

Post by wilnisfan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:21 am

Camara yes, Henchoz no.

Camara is the perfect type of striker that we need, quick, skilful, good movement and great finishing.

bluecat

Post by bluecat » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:37 am

It was my understanding that Henri Camera doesnt want to play in this league?I get that from when he was at wolves and they went down,he refused to play so they ended up being loaned to celtic then to southampton while they were still in the premiership I am sure I read somewhere he refused to play for a team below the premiership.

If true I think we can strike him off the list.

Nothing wrong with Henchoz just be replacing De Vos with an exact carbon copy, little bit better but in terms of pace defintley a copy :lol:

Davebobbins

Post by Davebobbins » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:51 am

bluecat wrote:It was my understanding that Henri Camera doesnt want to play in this league?I get that from when he was at wolves and they went down,he refused to play so they ended up being loaned to celtic then to southampton while they were still in the premiership I am sure I read somewhere he refused to play for a team below the premiership.

Nothing wrong with Henchoz just be replacing De Vos with an exact carbon copy, little bit better but in terms of pace defintley a copy :lol:
Where is camera at the moment? :roll: :?

SDB

Post by SDB » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:07 am

Davebobbins wrote:
bluecat wrote:It was my understanding that Henri Camera doesnt want to play in this league?I get that from when he was at wolves and they went down,he refused to play so they ended up being loaned to celtic then to southampton while they were still in the premiership I am sure I read somewhere he refused to play for a team below the premiership.

Where is camera at the moment? :roll: :?
Wigan, although he spent the back end of last year at West Ham, he is 31 so could have a couple of years left. Henchoz is 33 so would also have a couple of years left. I dont see any reason why any of these 3 players would be unrealistic, a bit of experience would be good but I think both Henchoz and Camara should be left until we know there are no better options around.

Herbivore

Post by Herbivore » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:10 am

I don't really rate Henri Camara at all to be honest, and he seems to have a bit of an attitude. Henchoz is too far past his best now so i'm not sure he'd be a good signing either.

budgycrusher

Post by budgycrusher » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:14 am

camera wouldn't be a good signing, I've heard he hasn't really 'developed' into the player he should have, I think our interest in him is just a 'flash' in the pan and we ought to 'focus' on someone else. jim should avoid over 'exposiour' of our targets and ready himself to 'zoom' in on his next target.