Pablo loss of form

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

baxterbasics

Pablo loss of form

Post by baxterbasics » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:25 pm

Lets put an end to this debate once and for all.

toby

Post by toby » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:33 pm

I voted for Royle purely on the basis that the team doesn't seem to be playing to Pablo's strengths when he plays.

It's no good banging long balls up to Pablo as we can when Kuqi's playing, we need to play quick balls into feet or space for Pablo to run onto.

Having said that though I do think Pablo needs to sort his head out and buck his ideas up, I've always said (even when he was on sh;t hot scoring form) that Pablo hogs the ball too much (sometimes the easy pass is the best option), tries to take on too many players and falls over far too easily!

Jus

Post by Jus » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:02 pm

7-2 against Royle already!

To be fair Pablo isn't on the best of form of late, but I do believe Joe doesn't help things, sure Pablo isn't innocent himself, but equal treatement to every striker would go a long way to helping people with confidence.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:04 pm

its a mixture of both pablo and royle i think, royle hasn't helped by constantly critising him, but pablo has to sort his head out and sort his priorities out

ITFC10

Post by ITFC10 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:10 pm

Yeah it is a Mixture between Joe Royle and Pablo himself, i dont think Pablo has been as good as of late and has come Under a lot of critism from BFJ which cant help his confidence. I also do not think that the Long Ball Style that Ipswich play suits Counago, he needs to ball played to his Feet so he can Twist and Turn defenders!

Jus

Post by Jus » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:01 pm

I totally agree with most of what BB and ITFC10 have just said, Pablo isn't totally innocent in all of this, but Royle doesn't help matters and Ithink the poll is showing that as it's 11-3 at present.

Got a funny feeling it may change when certain people have their votes though to give Royle more of a backing ;)

Pissing On The Budgie's

Post by Pissing On The Budgie's » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:45 pm

budgiebasher wrote:its a mixture of both pablo and royle i think, royle hasn't helped by constantly critising him, but pablo has to sort his head out and sort his priorities out
Totally Agree with that

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:53 pm

No one else makes you fate but yourself... Pablo is too blame. (This line doesnt just apply to football, but life aswell)

All these "It's not his type of style" comment are rubbish. His a footballer, if he doesnt have any adaptability he shouldnt be playing for us IMHO!

EDIT: Falling over 3 times within your first 5 minutes is a joke. He didnt even touch the ball 3 times! :roll:
Last edited by Dazza on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chucho

Post by chucho » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:07 pm

Joe Royles fault?????

are you lot fking insane. what about the rest of the team being rubbish as well. Joe's fault??

rubbish passing, falling over, missing chances --- all Joe?

if a guy recieves a pass and he CAN'T CONTROL THE BALL there is only one person to blame. Its got nothing to do with long ball either.
We are not a very good team.
It's not Joe's fault.
We havn't got very good players.

toby

Post by toby » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:53 pm

Personally I think the blame lies between Joe, Pablo and the rest of the team but that wasn't one of the options, therefore as Joe picks the other players I chose that option!

If Joe picked a team that could play to Pablo's strengths (easier said than done I know) then I think Pablo would look a different player.

I'm not anti or pro Royle really but just wanted to give my reason why I voted "Royle" in this poll.

Jus

Re: Pablo loss of form

Post by Jus » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:43 pm

baxterbasics wrote:Lets put an end to this debate once and for all.
Yep, it's been put to bed, unfortunatley however It's not turned out the way you wanted it to.

Pissing On The Budgie's

Post by Pissing On The Budgie's » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Hat-Trick for him on sunday

Lewis

Post by Lewis » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:32 pm

Joe Royle is stuck between a rock and a hard place here. If he plays the more direct approach for Kuqi and Bent he is seen to be a long ball merchant, intent on pushing Pablo as far away from this club as possible.

Yet when he tries to play the short, sharp passing game with Miller linking up with Pablo, he's then not playing to Bent and Kuqi's strengths. Bent and Kuqi have been the more effective players over the course of the season so should be playing.

Pablo needs to learn to adapt like Dazza says, yes we know he's no target man, but his first touch this season has been appalling for his supposed 'quality' and we havent really seen him have a pop for goal for a long time. (Even the long range effort Vs Crewe went under the body of the keeper!) But why arent we seeing him do more of it? He has no left foot that's obvious enough to see, he certainly needs to buck his ideas up as currently, he's the one person I'd rather see leave to free up wages/transfer money in the summer!

baxterbasics

Post by baxterbasics » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:01 pm

Jus wrote:
baxterbasics wrote:Lets put an end to this debate once and for all.
Yep, it's been put to bed, unfortunatley however It's not turned out the way you wanted it to.
Well I am genuinely surprised by the result - do you have access to several computers from which to vote? :-)

Whilst I'd love to respect the opinions of all the contributirs here, all I can say is

"YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! ..... YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING .... "

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:41 pm

i'm not sure bout this one because pablo just doesn't seem to want to put the effort in at the mo wether it's down to confident (probably)or not. it just looks like the tables have turned because when kuqi first came it was darren who was the out of favour striker but now its pablo so ........... who knows

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:02 pm

i think its a fair refelction because it shows that it is a mixture of them both

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:59 pm

baxterbasics wrote: Well I am genuinely surprised by the result - do you have access to several computers from which to vote? :-)

Whilst I'd love to respect the opinions of all the contributirs here, all I can say is

"YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! ..... YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING .... "
It's surprised me too. I guess Pablo must have a lot of fans on here.