The truth about Andy Marshall

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

lunchbox

The truth about Andy Marshall

Post by lunchbox » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:01 pm

Here is the truth of Andy Marshall:
He is a curse!! A norwich fan told me, (not a reliable source but it is true) and reminded me over the years for ipswich to not buy andy marshall. Every team that Marshall has been with has got relegated from the prem or slowly got worse. Though I can not blame us getting relegated from the prem solely on him but it was I contribution. Yet milwall seemed to of broken the curse that is "andy marshall".
Good luck to him and hopefully the curse won't return.

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Re: The truth about Andy Marshall

Post by diedelia » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:07 pm

lunchbox wrote:Here is the truth of Andy Marshall:
He is a curse!! A norwich fan told me, (not a reliable source but it is true) and reminded me over the years for ipswich to not buy andy marshall. Every team that Marshall has been with has got relegated from the prem or slowly got worse. Though I can not blame us getting relegated from the prem solely on him but it was I contribution. Yet milwall seemed to of broken the curse that is "andy marshall".

What if they go up hey then come down again! hmmmmm

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:29 pm

The truth you say? Yes, you're probably right, but how many clubs exactly are we talking about here........5, 6, 7?

Or only 1 (one)?

We could say the same about Darren Bent, Richard Naylor, Darren Ambrose, etc, etc,............

Does that make them all a curse?

cityangel

Post by cityangel » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:43 pm

Lunchbox,
You seem to know a lot about Andy so tell me how many clubs has he exactly played for since he became a professional and cursed them all.
And if 1 Norwich fan told you that Ipswich would finish in an automatic promotion place this year would you believe them too?
Andy will probably be at Millwall until the end of the season now so forget about him and concentrate on the players you will get you into the play offs.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:45 pm

As far as I'm aware, he only played for us and Norwich and has been out on loan a couple of times.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:46 pm

and millwall, however they seem to have improved since he has been there

cityangel

Post by cityangel » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:13 pm

1978greats wrote:As far as I'm aware, he only played for us and Norwich and has been out on loan a couple of times.
Spot on,he has only been contracted to 2 clubs Norwich and Ipswich,also did a short loan spell at Wolves,Bournemouth and Gillingham when he was younger and playing for Norwich's reserve team to give him 1st team experience.Was a regular for the England under 21 team and was voted player of the year 2000/1 by fans so he hasnt done too badly.Seems to be doing ok at Millwall now so for lunchbox to say he puts a curse on teams is a bit ridiculous.
I know I'm probably his only fan but I hope millwill sign him and give him a fresh start and before you all say it I'm sure you do to!

freeblue

Post by freeblue » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:28 pm

Andy Marshall was a useless w****r last season and cost us promotion the sooner he goes to millwall for good the better.

cityangel

Post by cityangel » Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:42 pm

freeblue wrote:Andy Marshall was a useless w****r last season and cost us promotion the sooner he goes to millwall for good the better.
So you are saying that he was totally responsible for costing you promotion,just him and no-one else. How do you make that out?