IS SVEN WORTH IT ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

runningout

IS SVEN WORTH IT ?

Post by runningout » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:08 pm

Overrated in my veiw.

Hasent won much considering he spent so long at Lazio.

I bet he has get out clauses as long as his arm on his new contract.

I am sorry. But I am not in favour of Beckham as captain either.
Too cozy relationship between captain and coach.

Im dreading Portugal. as I can see under-performing flyboys like Owen, Scholes Heskey etc, doing us proud again (NOT)

Sorry Im so Pessimistic.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:10 pm

He is very over rated, although he has only lost 2 games hasnt he? He has a good record with us.

I think their are better managers out there.

Foxy Lady

Post by Foxy Lady » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:22 pm

Dazza wrote:He is very over rated, although he has only lost 2 games hasnt he? He has a good record with us.

I think their are better managers out there.
I have to agree with you Dazza....he is over rated and I don't see anything in our games that is anything special....

toby

Post by toby » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:39 pm

Sorry guys but Sven over-rated?

He's lost ONE competitive match as England coach in 3 years!!!!

And that was against the World Champions!

I must admit that I don't always agree with his team selections and we don't alway play "Total Football" but Sven does get results when it counts.

It'll be interesting to see how we do in Euro 2004!

Vaughan8

Post by Vaughan8 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:44 am

I think hes 1 of the best managers england have had. Certainly better than recent 1s like Taylor, Hoddle Keegan etc

JonnoTown

Post by JonnoTown » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:30 am

Yeah I think he's a great manager,

I guess the reason he hasn't won much is because he's only had the world cup to win!

I think Beckham is a good captain, everytime he puts the england shirt on he plays well.

It does annoy me when sven changes the team at half time in the friendlies, but we've got as good a chance as anyone in euro04.

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:29 am

i think sven is a good manager, has a good record with england, but ruins a friendly by making to many changes

i cant see how anyone can criticse beckham as captain, he plays his heart on when he has the england shirt on, and deserves to be captain

roll on portugal! :D

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:27 pm

Friendlies are just that, glorified practice matches to try out things that might work in the future.

Sven will be judged on England's results in major tournaments, which so far, hasn't been too bad.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:06 pm

ShannockSid wrote:Friendlies are just that, glorified practice matches to try out things that might work in the future.

Sven will be judged on England's results in major tournaments, which so far, hasn't been too bad.
Very true, only lost to Brazil... This will be his real test, nothing less than the final I say :?

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:49 am

so far hes been good IMHO but nly time will tell if hes up there with the best ie ex ipswich managers. :)

GavITFC

Post by GavITFC » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:42 pm

i can't think of anyone i would rather have as england manager! yes he does mess around in friendlies but thats what they're there for.
nobody can complain about his track record since being England manager only losing1 competitive match against Brazil and TBH i blame the players for that defeat!

budgiebasher

Post by budgiebasher » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:45 pm

yes its a great record, but if he was to leave i would like to see an english manager appointed, maybe steve mcclaren