Richard Wright

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Fully

Richard Wright

Post by Fully » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:44 am

He hasnt had much first team football since he left Town. Do you think he made the right decision in leaving Town?

gazzathegreat

Post by gazzathegreat » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:50 am

i suppose this is the dilemma of any footballer, what will happen if they sign for a 'bigger' club, and i don't mean to knock ipswich in any way by this comment, it is just how it is, everton (though they have done nothing for years) are seen as a bigger club and richard wright must have seen this as a step up

sort of like andy marshall signing for you, from us (thank you, there is a god!!)

the same could be said for our darren kenton, who signed for southampton last year, hasn't even played, apart from a few substitutions, which don't really count, can't say we have missed him as much as we might have done, but until any club reaches the top six in the prem, this is always going to happen, even then the is the lure of spain or italy

as for old wrighty, had to laugh last year, when he injured himself falling out of his loft, delaying his start to the season!!

what is it with your lot and goalkeepers!!!

Jus

Post by Jus » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:56 am

Of course he didn't!

Qbert72

Post by Qbert72 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:01 am

Moving on was the right decision for him although going to Arsenal was always going to be tough, but then moving to the Toffees was the right choice no doubt.

tractor_babe

Post by tractor_babe » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:10 am

i duno reali kno...movin 2 arsenal woz wrong...bt everton..duno!

Jus

Post by Jus » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:15 am

I think Arsenal was too much too soon, he expected to take over as number one there pretty quickley, and it was just never going to happen to be honest.

He had to move ot Everton really to kickstart his career again, as he didn't look like he was going anywhere fast.

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Post by diedelia » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:27 am

He got a bit above his station, and it was a shame watching him sitting on the bench week in week out for Aresnal and then play all thecup games then get dropped for the final! but Everton was a good move, but he got injured and now with Nigel Martin he cant get back in!

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:59 am

Did anyone watch Soccer Extrra this morning with Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence (current England 'keeping coach) and they didn't mention Rich at all! I know he has been injured, but I think they don't consider him now!

aLSO, Nigel Martyn is Moyes's favourite player.

WRONG CHOICE

DEVONBLUE

Post by DEVONBLUE » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:10 pm

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at the time moving to Arsenal was a dream come true, along with a big fat signing on fee and wages. But his move to Everton seemed a bit odd to me.

Jus

Post by Jus » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:16 pm

DEVONBLUE wrote:Hindsight is a wonderful thing
Every time I hear that phrase, I think of Sheepy!

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:46 pm

Jus wrote:Of course he didn't!
Ditto... But I guess he thought he was doing the right thing. Poor lad.

Frankie

Post by Frankie » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:04 pm

when he moved to arsenal it was obvious that he wasn't goin to get much first team football. seaman was always first choice i mean he even came and trained with us one summer. everton was a good move until he started getting fluid in his knee and they then brought nigel martyn he's now got to fight for his place where as before he was easily 1st choice. but what harm is a touch of competetion?