david sheepshanks - what if..........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

budgiebasher

david sheepshanks - what if..........

Post by budgiebasher » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:02 pm

now lets just say we got to the play-off final in cardiff, and won, thus meaning promotion back to the premiership

now if sheepshanks came out on to the pitch at the end of the game, would you:

a) boo him like the majority of us did at the reading game for helping to send ipswich into administration, meaning top players were sold

or...

b) would you cheer him for helping to get ipswich back in the big time and making the finances look a lot better?

Fully

Post by Fully » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:23 pm

i would have said a bit of both- i hate him for selling our best players and getting us into administration but i would be glad if he had appointed the right manager for the job who took us back in to the Big time and rectified our financial situation

Dazza

Re: david sheepshanks - what if..........

Post by Dazza » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:53 pm

budgiebasher wrote:b) would you cheer him for helping to get ipswich back in the big time and making the finances look a lot better?
Would be B for me, dont care about him personally, I would cheer for Ipswich getting back to the Premiership and getting that wonderful £20m!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:58 pm

I'd go for B, i wouldn't boo him but i wouldn't cheer for him either, i'd be cheering for the players and manager!

The Gaffer

Post by The Gaffer » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:05 pm

Gaz wrote:I'd go for B, i wouldn't boo him but i wouldn't cheer for him either, i'd be cheering for the players and manager!
id be the same. personally dont give a monkeys about him. its the players and manger that have done the job as far as im concerned.

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:48 pm

b. lets move on :wink:

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:50 pm

Probably now, a

HOWEVER as I would bve so full of ecstacy and triumph that i would cheer us in the prem!!!!!

Rach

Post by Rach » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:59 pm

I dont like the man but theres no way Id boo him if we'd jst got promotion! :D

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:25 pm

markfullilove wrote:i would have said a bit of both- i hate him for selling our best players and getting us into administration but i would be glad if he had appointed the right manager for the job who took us back in to the Big time and rectified our financial situation
He has appointed the right manager, and by the end of May we will all realise it.

diedelia
Location: A pathetic little town called Halstead! We have a somerfields woooooooo which i now work in lol

Re: david sheepshanks - what if..........

Post by diedelia » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:52 pm

Dazza wrote:
budgiebasher wrote:b) would you cheer him for helping to get ipswich back in the big time and making the finances look a lot better?
Would be B for me, dont care about him personally, I would cheer for Ipswich getting back to the Premiership and getting that wonderful £20m!

Agreed!

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:22 pm

amazing that everyone now says (b) but only a few months ago everyone was saying (a)

if and its a big IF we do go up i think u will see sheepy do things very differently, once bitten twice shy

ShannockSid

Post by ShannockSid » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:25 pm

riviera wrote:amazing that everyone now says (b) but only a few months ago everyone was saying (a)

if and its a big IF we do go up i think u will see sheepy do things very differently, once bitten twice shy
Agreed.

Us Town fans are very fickle (but so are most other teams')

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:51 pm

I would say B and I think I would have said B a year ago :shock:

freeblue

Post by freeblue » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:01 pm

Can we really blame him for getting carried away when we got to the premier league, not really and lets remember he has learnt alot over the last two years and I believe that in the long term this will make him a better chairman. Sometimes we have to learn by our mistakes, what has happened at Ipswich has hurt us all. I spoke to David Sheepshanks briefly after the game at Rotherham and when I said that we would get in the play offs he just said I hope so but there is a lot of hard work still to be done, but you could tell he felt the same. I think we all have to put the past behind us and get behind everyone at the club. See you all at Gillingham. I don't know about you lot but I can't wait for saturday.

kindofblue

Post by kindofblue » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:12 pm

freeblue wrote:Can we really blame him for getting carried away when we got to the premier league
Of course we can, it's his job not to 'get carried away'! He is the chairman, and the buck stops with him. I support Joe and the team 100%, but I cannot and will not support the man who 'led' the club to the worst crisis in its history, nor the rest of the hangers-on and yes- men on the board who failed in their duties and then tried to blame everyone else under the sun.