Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AylesburyBlue

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by AylesburyBlue » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:01 pm

Josh Emmanuel has gone to Shrewsbury on loan. Don’t understand why he hasn’t had a look in here tbh.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Pennington confirmed - season long loan

As it wasn’t confirmed by 12 I assume he can be included in Sunday’s squad.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm
Often injured , it's a repetitive theme, Jordan Graham, often injured, Jon Walters, often injured, Matthew Pennington, often Injured. Obviously will give these guys 100% support but I can't lie, I am very underwhelmed and disappointed with the loan appointments and I dont believe any of them were our intended targets.
Is it not the case that the majority of loan signings are either very young or returning from injury to get game time?

Any loan signing at this stage is likely to be a little desperate just by the nature of the timing.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:07 pm

Ben Morriss gone on a season long loan to Forest Green Rovers. Disappointed.

I felt he has more in him than Sears.

Who knows... it could be good for him, but we’ve got still players like Sears and Spence (I’d prefer Emanuell over him) who we should be trying to offload.

This seems like a long term project by Hurst with decent youngsters out on loan.... hopefully he’ll be here to see them come back and prosper.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Woolfenden going to Swindon on a season loan.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:28 pm
Woolfenden going to Swindon on a season loan.
Seriously WTF is the point of that. So we are still CB short. Unbelievable :shock:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:56 pm

f*ck sake, I'm not happy with these loans either, today has been bollocks

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:04 pm

Can understand the irritation........ but will the club miss Woolfenden? That’s actually a question...... not a sarcy remark.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:07 pm

The Woolfenden loan is the one that gets me most. We’re so short of CB’s.

I don’t see Chalobah as a CB as he can’t even mark at a corner. This Everton lad seems last minute desperation after pissing around after Tilt for 2 months.

I would go with Knudsen as a left CB for the Norwich game. Bring Kenlock in as LB.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:13 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:07 pm
The Woolfenden loan is the one that gets me most. We’re so short of CB’s.

I don’t see Chalobah as a CB as he can’t even mark at a corner. This Everton lad seems last minute desperation after pissing around after Tilt for 2 months.

I would go with Knudsen as a left CB for the Norwich game. Bring Kenlock in as LB.
Funny how people see things differently, I think Woolfenden is the one that makes perfect sense to me. He is still young and surely it’s better for his development and the clubs long term future for him to play first team football than being 4th choice here.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:19 pm

Is he really fourth choice?
We don’t know how good this Everton player is... Nsiala is banned for 3 games. Injuries and suspensions can occur at any time.

I would say out of Nydam, Morriss and Emanuell, Woolfenden was closest to getting in the team.

I’m getting what you’re saying and I like young players going out on loan to improve, but CB cover looks seriously threadbare.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm a bit concerned after today with our dealings. I wouldn't have allowed that many youngsters out on loan as I feel we need one or two of them here. Certainly need another CB so I wouldn't have allowed woolfenden out. I would have also liked to have kept Nydam and Morris out. My view is that all these loans could be good long term for those players but we are not in the position to be thinking too long term that way. We do need to ensure that we have our best available squad.

Let's hope it all works out and we have an ok season and that our loaned players come back after having great seasons. We certainly could do with a bit of luck at the moment

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:54 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:19 pm
Is he really fourth choice?
We don’t know how good this Everton player is... Nsiala is banned for 3 games. Injuries and suspensions can occur at any time.

I would say out of Nydam, Morriss and Emanuell, Woolfenden was closest to getting in the team.

I’m getting what you’re saying and I like young players going out on loan to improve, but CB cover looks seriously threadbare.
I'm saying 4 th choice only because we have got another centre back in, therefore he would be hurts 4th choice by default because he has loaned him out. Think it's better we loan out our players for game time and let a loanee sit on the bench.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm
Often injured , it's a repetitive theme, Jordan Graham, often injured, Jon Walters, often injured, Matthew Pennington, often Injured. Obviously will give these guys 100% support but I can't lie, I am very underwhelmed and disappointed with the loan appointments and I dont believe any of them were our intended targets.
ditto - although I think Walters will be a good signing.

But be realistic, Mike - we're bottom of the league, we're hardly going to have experienced pros queueing up to join us, we have to be happy with what we can get - sad but true

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:56 pm
f*ck sake, I'm not happy with these loans either, today has been bollocks
But Mike - you stated that PH WAS the only correct choice for our manager. So he must see things that you (or any of us TBH) do not.

For the record, I think the bringing in of individuals from outside and the loaning of our academy products absolutely stinks. PH OUT :lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:32 pm

For me he is the absolute correct choice of manager, that doesn't mean I am going to agree with every single thing he does, it is clear we are short at CB so Woolfenden makes no sense to me, I may be doing this Pennington dude a disservice, he could be a fab signing, Morris bothers me as we still have that pile of crap sears here who offers nothing, would much rather see cameos off the bench from Morris.

I do accept that PH could be looking at the much bigger long term plan by getting these guys game time and experience but right now it is the present that we need to get working. I hope this is where PH starts to repay my faith in him.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:32 pm
For me he is the absolute correct choice of manager, that doesn't mean I am going to agree with every single thing he does, it is clear we are short at CB so Woolfenden makes no sense to me, I may be doing this Pennington dude a disservice, he could be a fab signing, Morris bothers me as we still have that pile of crap sears here who offers nothing, would much rather see cameos off the bench from Morris.

I do accept that PH could be looking at the much bigger long term plan by getting these guys game time and experience but right now it is the present that we need to get working. I hope this is where PH starts to repay my faith in him.
well I hope to God that his long term plan is not to get relegated in order to come back stronger, because it appears to me right at this moment that that is exactly what it is

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:43 pm

f*ck the long term plan, the only thing he should be concentrating on right now is getting points on the board.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 am

I just read through 6 pages about Pennington on the Everton fans forum and if you believe what you read he is a right talentless donkey who they all think needs getting rid of, there was not a SINGLE positive post at all. No good in the air, cant tackle, lightweight, poor football brain, error riddled, League One level at best, just some of the comments. They also remark about how Leeds fans didnt rate him one bit either and were unhappy at the thought of having him back.

I hope to god this is just typical fans bullshit cus I saw nothing positive posted at all, it just makes the decision to send Woolfenden out on loan even more baffling, so come on Matt Pennington prove all these Evertonians wrong, make yourself a hero.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 am

When you look at the loans MM brought in, you do wonder what the f*ck is going on. Obviously MM was more of pull to player's than PH. So to some up inexperienced management bringing inexperienced player's apart from Walters can only be a recipe for failure. I hope I am wrong.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 am

I hope so too Derick, I did expect a little bit more if I am honest, i think the business the club did in signing Nine new players was very good and much needed, however if you buy a 2000 piece jigsaw and there are Two or Three pieces missing it isn't worth a thing, I just hope Walters and Graham are over their injuries and do the business, clearly it could happen, Wolves fans seem to like him, Town fans by and large are all starry eyed at Walters returning like he is the same player.

I think we need to pray that Chambo and Nsiala stay fit for most of the season, or at least until January. Pennington could well work out and be a good addition but reading forums about Edun, Chalobah and any of the permanent signings gave hope we had good players as comments were very positive, reading the Everton fans thoughts I kinda wished I hadn't.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:36 am

The Woolfenden loan deal also the one that gets me most. Pennington might have 25 games at Leeds last season, but the Leeds fans didn’t take to him. Woolfy and Chambers played together pre-season and Woolfy did OK. Hurst is probably right he can’t expect him to play 40+ games, but he doesn’t have to... he just needs to provide cover ... like this Sunday and the next two games after that.

If Woolfy needs a loan... why not wait until January and get him a loan then, especially if we bring in another CB in January?

There’s likely to be more suspensions/injuries at CB (Toto likes a card and Chambos starting to get injured as he’s getting older), so I think this is a poor decision.

I bloody well hope these kids get a game at their loan clubs. There’s always a bit of a feeling that unless they’re exceptional, they shouldn’t take the place of a club player.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 am

Imagine being on loan at ——-> LEEDS , and being “out of favour”..... my God! What a horrendous time that must’ve been for the lad. But I reckon it’s the absolute best experience...... if the PR faithful get on his case, ———> well, he’s suffered Leeds abuse so he’ll be well and truly battle hardened.

Aside from all that ^^^^^^ ...... wishing the guy the very best of luck at ITFC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am

I think the Town faithful will be fully behind him Marko....at least until the 20th minute anyway.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:52 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 am
I just read through 6 pages about Pennington on the Everton fans forum and if you believe what you read he is a right talentless donkey who they all think needs getting rid of, there was not a SINGLE positive post at all. No good in the air, cant tackle, lightweight, poor football brain, error riddled, League One level at best, just some of the comments. They also remark about how Leeds fans didnt rate him one bit either and were unhappy at the thought of having him back.

I hope to god this is just typical fans bullshit cus I saw nothing positive posted at all, it just makes the decision to send Woolfenden out on loan even more baffling, so come on Matt Pennington prove all these Evertonians wrong, make yourself a hero.
Well it must be a refreshing change for him to come away from Leeds & Everton,if he scores tomorrow he could be our new hero.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:10 am

Is it written in the stars that he heads the winner Sunday!!!!! FML that would be fairytale stuff.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:21 am

If Knudsen can score against them then he's got a chance,if Everton have expended his contract,they must of seen something in him,I think Leeds supporters are the biggest moanersout there.Hope it works out for us.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:28 am

The Everton fans to a man are staggered he got a new deal.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:

Lees fans are upset they didn’t get him back and think it’s a disgrace we got him not them.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:

“League One level at best” .....

He should fit in well then, we could easily field X1 of them !