Scum go PINK in the away dressing room

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Scum go PINK in the away dressing room

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 am

....to give themselves the edge in home games, by reducing mental aggression of their opponents.....

Not sure this is with the "spirit of the game" ?

Perhaps Town players could wear some form/ type of sunglasses to nullify the effects of this dastardly underhand form of cheating by scum, when we play them up in scumville?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-ci ... -1-5657501

Marvinbay1973

Re: Scum go PINK in the away dressing room

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:55 am

What a load of tosh, the idea not the post

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:01 pm

cowards if you ask me, utter weaklings, play / fight like men, bunch of tossers !

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Can see the idea behind it, it's a psychological thing, i.e. an attempt to distract or hinder opposing teams. Having an unsavory color to greet away teams seems unusual in the British game but they got a reason behind it. How successful this endeavor proves to be remains open to debate but allow them a mark in at least having the audacity (if that is the operative word) to go ahead with it.

Hardly the first instance of a club making strange alterations in order to be more successful. Years back Fry at Birmingham pissed in all four corners of the field if correct to stave off 'evil spirits' or improve team ambition, although the idea of Delia Smith replicating this example would seem distant at best.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:17 pm

town should wear pink, bit of reverse psyche

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:53 pm

What we going to do, run out to Psychedelic Furs when the team enters the field ?

Pink is an absolute no-no for this game. Everton tried it a few years back and was against the idea from the get-go. Fortunately it was a short lived venture. Teams like this are blue. Not pink, not green, not multi-colored. They may mess around from time to time but nobody can alter the true fabric of how your club's established.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:22 pm

If clubs are going to do this, why go for something thats "probably" going to effect them mentally?

Why not go for something thats going to "definitely" cause physical problems? Like tightly painted black and white stripes all around the walls and doors and ceiling. Their eyes will be bursting and they'll be needing a wee lie down.

Farke: Ok Troops, ready?
Hanley: Maybe after a few Ibuprofens. Got any?

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:29 pm

I'm praying that the shirts don't get like Rugby League stuff, bloody advertising billboards

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:42 am

Nancy boys.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:02 am

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Actually I don't know if anyone looked at this more closely but it's a reasonable idea. As I read recently the colour pink does reduce levels of testosterone in players which might result in them being less aggressive on the field of play and perform at lower levels.

On the other hand the same article (I forget the source sorry) suggested that the smiles and laughter of the away team might also result in improved performance on the field. So a bit of a gamble.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:08 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:22 pm
If clubs are going to do this, why go for something thats "probably" going to effect them mentally?

Why not go for something thats going to "definitely" cause physical problems? Like tightly painted black and white stripes all around the walls and doors and ceiling. Their eyes will be bursting and they'll be needing a wee lie down.

Farke: Ok Troops, ready?
Hanley: Maybe after a few Ibuprofens. Got any?
Or John Beck's approach at Cambridge U back in the day, to sabotage the away dressing rooms completely so they are barely useable.