Attendance

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Attendance

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:27 am

25,690, allowing 2,500 Scum fans Town had 23,000. Why will 5,000 to 7,000 not attend the next home game? I know it can be expensive and all that, but 5 to 7,000 is a hell of drop. With MM gone I thought the mood amongst the fans would of lifted. I know we have not won a game, but I don't think any of the home games have been boring. :?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Attendance

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 am

Because they are what they are, out for the big day, whining and whinging the rest of the time.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:31 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 am
Because they are what they are, out for the big day, whining and whinging the rest of the time.
I don't think that's a reflection of all the extra supporters. I for one can no longer afford a season ticket for me and my lad nor do I have the time. I can not attend Tuesday games anymore. I for one gave my all for the team on Sunday and nearly lost my voice in the process.

I pick games based on when I'm able too and not because of the opposition. Travelling home and away would be a dream for me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 am

I probably should have phrased it better Ando but there are a hell of a lot who fall into the category I describe.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:58 am

In fairness, my boy and 3 of his mates went Sunday. They wouldn't normally go as its a fair train journey from our home plus the expense. I don't think there is anything wrong with picking and choosing games to watch. Its expensive for teenagers (and oldies like me), so we have to choose matches to watch. The derby was a good reason to go.

On the plus side, £8 for a ticket was excellent value for the lads and they will certainly go as much as possible this year.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:28 pm

The people that annoy me are those who gave it large about never returning until MM departed, that was all hot air cus then it was another excuse like not wanting Hurst or some other cobblers, and that is what annoys me when we have a crowd like that for Norwich.

I get absolutely furious at the away Norwich game though, we get what 2k tickets ? And I know for a bloody fact a lot of those end up with people who barely go at all, it's a joke

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:28 pm
The people that annoy me are those who gave it large about never returning until MM departed, that was all hot air cus then it was another excuse like not wanting Hurst or some other cobblers, and that is what annoys me when we have a crowd like that for Norwich.

I get absolutely furious at the away Norwich game though, we get what 2k tickets ? And I know for a bloody fact a lot of those end up with people who barely go at all, it's a joke
I completely agree with this. Some right twats end up at Norwich away. I always get Sat next to one too. To a lesser extent I find that with some London away days. You always get the more genuine fans at games further afield

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:49 pm

Remember back in 2007, midweek game v Aberdeen. It was close to the League Cup final game v Kilmarnock. That particular night Hibs were getting beat 2-0 and at 9:10pm I had to leave as I got a call to say that my wife was on route to the hospital with my daughter...... Type 1 diabetic related issue.
Several Hibs fans were walking down the stairs in the East Stand (who knows, going to the toilet, pie stall, leaving?) ...... this fat f*cker was sitting mouthing off,
“Look at them. Deserting the team. f**king off witn 20 minutes left. Aye but they’ll be queuing up for cup final tickets eh? Pathetic!”
He was close to the aisle so I said, “You’re f**king right mate, I’ll be getting cup final tickets. Would stay for this sh*t show too but I’ve got a daughter going into ketoacidosis so need to leave. But I might see you one day in the type 2 clinic aye?”
That shut the fat fucks face. And, unfortunately, the guy is actually dead now. Too many pies I’m thinking.
But way too mouthy regarding people leaving early. Any one could be leaving for any reason.

But yes....... agreed........ glory hunter supporters getting Tynecastle or Hampden tickets get on my tits also.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:07 pm

This is been happening for years now.
I can remember our first promotion year into the PL under John Lyle, I believe we had around 8000 against Port Vale for our first home match and by the end of the season we had 26000.
Personally I am not bothered by the local derby or bigger clubs coming to PR, I just attend when I can, although I must admit it is expensive these days.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 am

Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:07 pm
I can remember our first promotion year into the PL under John Lyle, I believe we had around 8000 against Port Vale for our first home match and by the end of the season we had 26000.
Personally I am not bothered by the local derby or bigger clubs coming to PR, I just attend when I can, although I must admit it is expensive these days.
That would have been 1992 (winning as old Second Division champions) but Port Vale would have been in a different league at that time unless of course it relates to a League Cup tie or something. Lyall incidentally had the nucleus of a good squad back then with experienced pros, reliable names and younger kids coming through, but within two years the squad had fallen away badly from that winning team.

On the attendance issue can only imagine there were an absence of fans due in part to the new manager being revealed at a late stage of the pre-season time (annual renewals may or were undecided) and past positions were not fulfilled. Not only that, Evans and McCarthy did much to stagnate the name of the club last season and hold the team back, can only imagine enthusiasm was nowhere near capacity going into the first derby fixture.

No victory over them in nine years, no league win in five or six going into it etc, of course some are going to stay away or decide not to participate. you can't really fault their decision.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:15 am

saint jude wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:51 am
Marvinbay1973 wrote:
That would have been 1992 (winning as old Second Division champions) but Port Vale would have been in a different league at that time unless of course it relates to a League Cup tie or something. Lyall incidentally had the nucleus of a good squad back then with experienced pros, reliable names and younger kids coming through, but within two years the squad had fallen away badly from that winning team.

On the attendance issue can only imagine there were an absence of fans due in part to the new manager being revealed at a late stage of the pre-season time (annual renewals may or were undecided) and past positions were not fulfilled. Not only that, Evans and McCarthy did much to stagnate the name of the club last season and hold the team back, can only imagine enthusiasm was nowhere near capacity going into the first derby fixture.

No victory over them in nine years, no league win in five or six going into it etc, of course some are going to stay away or decide not to participate. you can't really fault their decision.
Marvinbay is absolutely correct with his attendance figures, and Port Vale were in the same league and finished bottom, So SJ you are incorrect.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:51 am

The state of ITFC must’ve been in an unbelievable state when the attending people are described as “staying away and deciding not to participate”.
In those days, did the manager just choose randoms from the crowd, throw them a kit......., “GET THAT ON. YOU’RE PLAYING THE SECOND HALF!”

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:12 am

Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Happy memories Marvinbay1973 of that season and a fantastic away day at Oxford United :D

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:12 am
Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Happy memories Marvinbay1973 of that season and a fantastic away day at Oxford United :D
Great season DB and I believe Oxford had the one and only James Magilton playing for them