Play Freddie Sears in his correct position - suddenly

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Play Freddie Sears in his correct position - suddenly

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 pm

We have a decent player again. How long has it taken this f**king Club to do the right thing by this much maligned player??

Ando

Re: Play Freddie Sears in his correct position - suddenly

Post by Ando » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:35 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:51 pm
We have a decent player again. How long has it taken this f**king Club to do the right thing by this much maligned player??
Could not agree more. PH has probably only watched recordings of Sears out wide and after McCarthy destroyed him. He is a striker who is best playing down the middle. He has pace and good movement. If used correctly I believe he is the best striker we have.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:32 am

I thought Freddie was great yesterday. Deserves to keep his place.

On the other hand, I don’t think he’s a genuine striker as he’s not a natural finisher. He blew the one on one in the fifth minute as he seemed a bit surprised to be in that position. But, for the moment, if he’s making chances for himself and others, that’s better than what we had.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 am

Freddie has played a lot out wide but he has also had a fair few chances as a striker and fluffed it. He was superb yesterday but as I said Hurst read it spot on yesterday as Swanseas style suited Freddies game to a tee, it won't always be that way.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Going to jump in here

You say that Mike but its not just yesterday Freddie played well. Blackburn first game of the season i remember brilliant cross for Edwards to plant home. Even Tuesday after terrible first half he came on second half and played well. Just as good as anybody else.

End of last season he started improving. Not saying hes best striker in the world because he's not, far from it but i would say hes not the worse we have got either. I know he's run you up the wrong way Mike but last season we had Waggy, Joe Garner and David McGoldrick. Three strikers who would keep lot better players than Sears at bay. This season we could well be relying on Freddie Sears, i hope he does well

Kept quiet for sometime now for i see no point in jumping in just to slag the manager off or the players but i will be honest here. First win and great. I think we have been unlucky in few games to have lost or even drawn yet we are a team mainly of lower league standard players having to step up.
Manager to, The league is still fairly tight, two wins could see us half way, not going to jump in shouting for heads but its a fact, people wanted change and they sure have got it. I'm not convinced or sure we have enough to stay up, hoping we have but we will not go anywhere near Premiership as long as Marcus keeps his hands in his pockets. One of the richest men in the country and yet one of the very tightest.

I see Chambers is also a name people loving to hate. I personally believe he will save us more points than give away and yes he had a stinker in the first half against Middlesborough but so did they all. Hes not our problem, hes not our worse defender but needing to know our best team and that for me includes Dozzell, awesome talent

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi S&J, no Sears has had a couple of decent performances; over Three years that aint great tbh. That said he impressed me yesterday and ive said as much, couldn't have praised him any higher. I just know he wont score goals no matter where or how we play him, that's the stark reality, as it stands we have nobody that will bang them in regularly but if we share them around the team then so be it. Hopefully Freddies new lease of life continues cus we need it to.