Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Back to Back wins?

Ipswich Win
57%
Q.P.R. Win
29%
Draw
14%

Total votes: 14

Marvinbay1973

Re: Ipswich Town vs Queens Park Rangers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm
I said many moons ago I would have much preferred Evans to have left our football club before McCarthy but sadly there are very few investors around the world who would find our football club an attractive investment proposition.

Unfortunately with Marcus Evans in control there is only one place our club is heading and it isn’t pretty. Our only hope is that he see’s the light and starts digging deep in this long pockets of his otherwise the money he’s invested so far will be right down the drain.
I'm not sure on the investors bit. I think Ipswich is an attractive investment with the right owners. You only have to look at Bournemouth.
The biggest mistake Ipswich Town FANS made was getting rid of Mick McCarthy. Its also not fair to blame Evans on that as he realised the quality in McCarthy. Unfortunately the morons won on that one. Morons seem to be winning quite a lot these days outside football too ?
I think the 2 words stuck and record spring to mind

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Marvinbay1973 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:09 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:01 pm
I said many moons ago I would have much preferred Evans to have left our football club before McCarthy but sadly there are very few investors around the world who would find our football club an attractive investment proposition.

Unfortunately with Marcus Evans in control there is only one place our club is heading and it isn’t pretty. Our only hope is that he see’s the light and starts digging deep in this long pockets of his otherwise the money he’s invested so far will be right down the drain.
I'm not sure on the investors bit. I think Ipswich is an attractive investment with the right owners. You only have to look at Bournemouth.
The biggest mistake Ipswich Town FANS made was getting rid of Mick McCarthy. Its also not fair to blame Evans on that as he realised the quality in McCarthy. Unfortunately the morons won on that one. Morons seem to be winning quite a lot these days outside football too ?
I think the 2 words stuck and record spring to mind
1 word springs to my mind :- RELEGATION

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 pm

I think Tangfastic wrote a song about that.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:16 pm
MM’s brand of long ball, defensive minded football was enough to keep Town in the championship, but not enough to take us anywhere, not even on a little cup run. No one in their right mind would prefer being where we are now to that. But the silver lining of this cloud is that in this situation Evans surely has to act. He can’t just shrug his shoulders and let us go down without a fight and to be fair he has taken action before when Town have been in this position.

Personally I hope Hurst achieves enough to keep us fighting going into the new year. If that’s the case and we’re hovering around the drop zone but not sunk then we need investment in wily pros to get us out.

If Hurst loses the dressing room though and results tank (I’m looking at Millwall, Reading, Preston and Brizzle as games where we need to take a significant amount of points to stay in the fight) then Evans needs to recruit an experienced manager to get us out of the sh*t. Although who that could be I don’t know...
Experienced managers aren't very popular. Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis, Moyes, Curbishly, McCarthy, Mourihnho !!!!, the list is endless. All crap and clueless.

This guy would have been a good addition to Ipswich current squad !
https://youtu.be/vmqw6jpulZw

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:14 am

I have heavily edited this thread and chosen to lock it.

For many reasons it wasn't everyones finest hour on this forum. :wink: