Loan players

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Loan players

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:06 am

If Paul Lambert wanted to recall all our players out on loan could he? Or are they on season long loans with no recall. It would be good if he could so he could see the potential he has at his disposal.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Loan players

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 am

I believe Morris, Woolfenden & Nydam are until January although not 100%, have no idea if any recall clauses were put in place though.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:21 am

Is there a case whereby if all parties agree.... the loan contract could be cancelled?

Seem to remember this happened with Conor Grant(?) when we had him from Everton.

I think Morris and Nydam are hardly getting any game time. Whereas Woolfy and Emmanuel are usually regular players in their teams.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:58 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:06 am
If Paul Lambert wanted to recall all our players out on loan could he? Or are they on season long loans with no recall. It would be good if he could so he could see the potential he has at his disposal.
How about the other way round for players on loan to us? If Paul Lambert looked at one of our loan players and.decided hey didn't fit in with his plans, could he cancel that loan and bring in a short term loan to January?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:21 am

Tbh..... we’ve used about 27 players already.... the most in the league. Lambert has plenty of players already to analyse. I’m not sure if those kids can add anything at the moment. Main disappointment is Nydam.... he’s hardly played for St. Johnstone.

I think Woolfy and Emanuell are getting decent experience at the moment.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:32 am

I note that Woolfendens now been benched at Swindon... so now getting no game time along with Nydam & Morriss. Emmanuel is the only one getting regular football in a struggling Shrewsbury.
Can’t say these loans are developing these players on the surface. Maybe the best thing for these kids are they away from the flak at PR.