NOW FOR PROMOTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: NOW FOR PROMOTION

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:25 pm

Our main problem Andy, is we fail time and again to get that second goal, and kill teams off. It will at some point come back to bite us in the as* for sure.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:17 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:39 am
Andym wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:49 pm
I was thinking of having a good bet on us getting promotion with Norwood coming in, but now with all the injuries no established centre back looking likely and with right back not looking great and Judge most likely going no money being spent I think I might wait and see how things go over the first few matches.⚽
The chances of us getting promotion are about the same as of me having sex with the Pope.
If we target an early promotion in March, then it’s more likely Andy can pick up a cheap out-of-season flight to Rome.

Seriously, before the start of the season I would have bit the hand of for a top six finish - now I would be disappointed in anything less than top two.
Its still far too early in the season, but It’s up to us now not to lose this from here. We’ve got a strong squad still not firing on all cylinders, yet doing enough to win games. The quality of the opposition so far is a big factor.
My thoughts exactly, Tang! That's the problem with expectations. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel now. It seems the reset is beginning to have a positive effect, but as some have said we are playing at League One level. In addition to reviving the club as a whole, I think Lambert is building the foundation for a very good team...at least at this level. It's a stepping stone to one day returning to the Championship, perhaps. I say one day, but I think most of us are beginning to expect promotion this season. If that doesn't happen, how long will the current 'club-unity' remain?

Funny, I haven't seen any comments from dickhead McCarthy of late. You'd think the c*ck could at least give us credit for a brilliant start. If not for the fans, at least for his former players.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:30 pm

Not sure there are too many McCathy players left

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Not sure there are too many McCathy players left

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Must be an echo round here