NOW FOR PROMOTION

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Re: Relegation

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:12 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 am
Just for fun (even though it is not fun) what game out of the next 8 will be the one which confirms we are Relegated? I'm going for.................. Preston away April 19th :cry:
Your thoughts Bluemike?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:05 am

Ok I'll take a look

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm

I think it will be confirmed at the home game against Birmingham

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:20 pm
I think it will be confirmed at the home game against Birmingham
That would be awful if it happened on a home game. :shock:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Yep, tears that day

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 pm

I hope it does happen at a home game. Judging by the atmosphere around the club recently I can see there being a great atmosphere the day we go down, more in defiance that we will be back and are getting back on the right road again. Everyone will be sad but I can imagine the fans staying behind and signing their hearts out.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:39 pm

It is a awful thought. :(

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:44 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:09 pm
I hope it does happen at a home game. Judging by the atmosphere around the club recently I can see there being a great atmosphere the day we go down, more in defiance that we will be back and are getting back on the right road again. Everyone will be sad but I can imagine the fans staying behind and signing their hearts out.
I agree Charlton and turning it into a party atmosphere would in a bizarre way be a sign of defiance, unity and togetherness and a statement that we will return!!! I so hope we can make this happen should the scenario of going down at Portman road arise.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Party atmosphere at Portman Road when relegation is confirmed?
I bloody hope not.
Not really relevant, though - I think relegation will be confirmed after Brentford away

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:31 pm

There's little point in us revelling in misery, we are gonna have Three months of close season to do that, ok party atmosphere is probably pushing it but making it a real loud farewell throughout the game is what I mean, it could be Brentford but very much doubt it.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:31 pm
There's little point in us revelling in misery, we are gonna have Three months of close season to do that, ok party atmosphere is probably pushing it but making it a real loud farewell throughout the game is what I mean, it could be Brentford but very much doubt it.
it's gonna be a hell of a lot more than 3 months misery for me, Mike - my misery is gonna go well into next season tbh. I cannot understand people saying they are looking forward to next season. WTF? We're in the third tier FFS, what the hell is there to look forward to in that.

As for the relegation confirmed game, in spite of improved performances over the last few games we have gone from 10 points from safety to 11 to 12 and now to 13. So think Brentford is the most likely game for relegation to be confirmed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Obviously much depends on how next season goes, if we are winning games while being entertained I think we will soon forget what Division we are in, loads of scum fans will tell you how much they really enjoyed their season in League One, seeing the way we have outplayed teams last few games I dont think we should be fearing it.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Some really good points being raised, but I'm heart broken tbh, at the thought of playing at the third best level. Since 74 I have "followed my club though good times and bad Now in my forties seeing us so far from the top league is hard to swallow. We are not a massive club by any stretch of the imagination but the third tier is hurting.
Call me a pessimistic old so and so but I don't think for one iota that we will be challenging all season long and going up at the first attempt. I still have little faith in Lambert and no doubt we will loose some of our better players.

Let's see what next season brings and like the rest of you I will be here.
Bluearmy forever 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:42 pm

phily bon bon wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:01 pm
Some really good points being raised, but I'm heart broken tbh, at the thought of playing at the third best level. Since 74 I have "followed my club though good times and bad Now in my forties seeing us so far from the top league is hard to swallow. We are not a massive club by any stretch of the imagination but the third tier is hurting.
Call me a pessimistic old so and so but I don't think for one iota that we will be challenging all season long and going up at the first attempt. I still have little faith in Lambert and no doubt we will loose some of our better players.

Let's see what next season brings and like the rest of you I will be here.
Bluearmy forever 👍
I think we are all going to be heartbroken but it is happening, we have to deal with it, have our negative spell in the Summer and come back fighting and supporting our team more than ever because it is at times like this the fans, and I mean real fans are going to be needed.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:47 am

Many would have accepted the situation some time before now. Won't be upset - there's far greater concerns in life - just realize we've been a sub-standard team for too long with a succession of sh*t inept managers, lo and behold it's caught up with the club.

Say in truth had my fill of the f**king Championship League. Futile effort for near 15 years and as much as you wouldn't wish for it, at least next season provides a change of opposition and venues. Probably be up there in the promotion mix one year from now but not expecting to regain second league status at first attempt.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 am

Relegation has had a very strange effect on me and my lad. We have spent the last few years getting progressively more bored and fed up with ITFC, the constant mediocrity, the acceptance of the status quo, the lack of passion, fun, fight...… that seems to have changed over the past 2-3 months and I am enjoying supporting the team more than since the Joe Royale days!

So much so that I am contemplating my first season ticket since I was 16, some 35 years ago!!!! It seems to have taken adversity to actually reignite my passion for the club. I am really looking forward to next season, hopefully a chance for some success, and if not at least some entertainment - after all, that's what the sport is supposedly about???

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 am

Great to read Nic, do it, you won't have those times with your boy forever, next season could be a fun time in a weird sort of way.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:39 pm

I think what is happening, all us Town fans are closing ranks and going into defense mode in preparation for the what's approaching. We will get promoted next season and rise like a phoenix from the flames and become a great club and football team again........Spook, where did you say you got them mushrooms from? :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Lmfao.... spook !!! All joking aside I think the closing ranks thing and defence mode is spot on and I think its great tbh.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:17 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 pm
Lmfao.... spook !!! All joking aside I think the closing ranks thing and defence mode is spot on and I think its great tbh.
I do believe it Mike, we shall be great again.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:07 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:17 am
Bluemike wrote:
Bloody hell Derick, I thought the Mushroom quip was tongue in cheek 😂😂

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:07 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:17 am
Bluemike wrote:
Bloody hell Derick, I thought the Mushroom quip was tongue in cheek 😂😂
Spook still has not told me where she got them from. :wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:06 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:10 am
Relegation has had a very strange effect on me and my lad. We have spent the last few years getting progressively more bored and fed up with ITFC, the constant mediocrity, the acceptance of the status quo, the lack of passion, fun, fight...… that seems to have changed over the past 2-3 months and I am enjoying supporting the team more than since the Joe Royale days!

So much so that I am contemplating my first season ticket since I was 16, some 35 years ago!!!! It seems to have taken adversity to actually reignite my passion for the club. I am really looking forward to next season, hopefully a chance for some success, and if not at least some entertainment - after all, that's what the sport is supposedly about???
Exactly how I feel mate, although I won't be able to enjoy season tickets since I live in TexASS! Someone else said on here, they don't understand fans 'looking forward' to life in League 1. Of course we'd all rather be in the premiership, but after so many years of sh*t football I'm ready for change. MM's reign had me questioning whether I wanted to continue following ITFC. I'll always be a fan, but to watch and read about the crap football and MM's stupid comments became very disheartening. The team's really gonna need fans like you and Mike if we're gonna bounce right back. I just hope genius Evans comes up with a sensible pricing scheme for next season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Think Mike has already mentioned about the importance of starting well in League One. Mevans could get the pricing absolutely bang on but if the opening game at PR ends Ipswich 1 Walsall 3.,,...., ahem, it might become destined for 12K attendances.

I firmly believe that if Ipswich challenge....., the 22-25K gates will be the average at Portman Road.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:30 pm

Hope so Marko, we should have done this years ago 😂😂😂

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm

I,too,am really looking forward to Lg1 next season. New grounds, different opponents,a scaled down playing staff with,hopefully lots of "our own" youngsters playing attractive winning football. Our great away support drowning out a lot of the home supporters. The scum are not the only side in recent years who have gone from LG 1 to the Premier league in a couple of years. Wolverhampton and Southampton to name just a couple. We have been festering in the Championship for too many years. Lambert has committed himself to Ipswich for the foreseeable future and really seems to like our club. Maybe he really is dreaming of bringing back some glory years. Maybe he's always been a fan of the club. I don't know, but I just have a very optimistic feeling about the next few years. It is important that PL and ME resist the undoubted interest there will be in our young players from some of the big clubs and these youngsters have to be convinced that their best chance of regular 1st team football will be at Ipswich and not at your Arsenals and Chelseas etc.Of course if we get off to a poor start next season my mood could change, but at the moment optimism rules!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Hope so Marko, we should have done this years ago 😂😂😂
:lol: ....., wee Coventry City cousin says, “NOOO!!!”

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:43 pm

RRanger wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm
Maybe he's always been a fan of the club....
I actually think this as well, Ranger. He’s the same age as me and he’ll remember the Scottish connection with Ipswich in the 70s/80s. He does seem very passionate about the club in his interviews..., and pledging his foreseeable future to League 1 (again) does say a lot.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:29 pm

I'm seriously loving the attitude if our fans on here right now, we can make next season f**king awesome if the majority feel the Same way

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:39 pm

Well i am certainly up for making sure next season is a fun one! Variety is the spice of life and in a strange way, League 1 is a new variety that - like it or not, we are going to have to taste! Lets go at it as a new challenge and not doom and gloom - and thats after going dry for the past few days 😀