Relegation

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Relegation

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 pm
I don't think anyone is saying it will be easy Mike. But it will still be football, still be the club we love, and there will still be exciting times ahead. If we don't believe that then there is zero point following the club.
A hardcore will still go and support but it will drop for sure. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 pm
Guess if we go done the price of tickets will to,I can't be bothered to spend £30+ a game more than a couple of time a year atm.
I made the point the other day, I've already heard ticket prices may not even go down if we are relegated.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:42 pm
nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:32 pm
I don't think anyone is saying it will be easy Mike. But it will still be football, still be the club we love, and there will still be exciting times ahead. If we don't believe that then there is zero point following the club.
A hardcore will still go and support but it will drop for sure. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
I don't doubt attendances will drop, and if you say prices stay the same then that will of course not help. However, by comparison, my home town club (Royston) play in the Evo Stick Premier league. The football is hardly free flowing, the ground is poor and they still charge £10 to get in for me and £2 quid for my son(with concession). I don't go the see Ipswich every week (its a 1.15 journey each way, I have a life etc.) but last time I went (v Bristol) it cost me and my boy £33.00. I felt entertained, we had fun and I still got the same buzz I alwsys get when visiting portman road. That buzz wont disappear when we get relegated, and as long as the new style of football we are playing continues (with of course a few wins) I will still be happy to pay circa £30 for me and my son to go. You may call me stupid, and I appreciate I am not a season ticket holder, but I don't see the charge as being totally unreasonable for whats being offered as far as value...…. but I do want a few wins please :-)

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:45 pm

I don't see the ticket prices decreasing once down to be honest. I think they will be frozen, certainly the season ticket pricing. But then again its going to depend a lot on what happen with the ownership... Anything could happen

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:12 pm

I think a significant number will drift away. A very large number if season ticket prices are held. If we do well, some will come back, but once they stop coming, a lot will never return. I hope there is some reduction in prices to try and keep a few more going.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm
Magicmark wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:35 pm
Guess if we go done the price of tickets will to,I can't be bothered to spend £30+ a game more than a couple of time a year atm.
I made the point the other day, I've already heard ticket prices may not even go down if we are relegated.
I Remember when Norwich went down to leaugue 1 the season ticket prices dropped.will be bad business in my opinion if there is no reduction.i can see attendences dropping to 10 or 11 thousand.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:12 pm
I think a significant number will drift away. A very large number if season ticket prices are held. If we do well, some will come back, but once they stop coming, a lot will never return. I hope there is some reduction in prices to try and keep a few more going.
I think your probably right Andy. Although lets face it in Micks last 2 years in charge we lost over 4,000 season ticket holders so just drifting along in this league trying not to drown is hardly inspiring people. I very much agree that once people stop going its hard to get them back, out of those 4,000 lost fans we lost some very dedicated long standing supporters, people who have had season tickets for 30, 40 or even 50 years. I honestly feel like the club has missed the warning signs time and time again and that is the reason we are where we are. I hope that people give it a chance in League 1, we just have to rebuild. Anything really could happen, I don't for one second think its going to be easy, but sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to start making real changes. I do hope that Lambert stays although I have my doubts.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Unfortunately with the departures of Waghorn, Berra, Garner, Frazer and the like..... we are a 1st Division club at best with 1st Division players