MM & Terry OClipboard

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

MM & Terry OClipboard

Post by goldandblack » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:51 pm

the luck of the Irish if they get them in charge

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/football ... r-1490301/

derick_ipsw

Re: MM & Terry OClipboard

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:14 am

We are not interested...........you Wolves fans are still obsessed with the MM/TC twins, you need to let it go. :wink:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:48 pm

fetch

GOOD BOY ..SIT :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
works every time.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Looks like Mick will be unveiled as Ireland manager tomorrow.

That might be of interest to Chambers.... who qualifies for Ireland through a grandparent.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:38 pm

It appears he’s agreed a two year contract worth €1.2m with an option for a second two years. I can’t see him turning this down. Good luck to him, at least with the Rep of Ireland we won’t have face him coming back to Portman Road to haunt us anytime soon.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:27 pm

I wonder how the Irish fans feel about it.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:15 am

He looks like a sensible choice for the Republic of Ireland. Their squad is filled with players that are solid professionals but with limited star quality.

McCarthy is a manager that, like it or not, organises limited teams to outperform the sum of their parts. It would not surprise me to see him get them to the European Championships.

Good luck to him and them.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 am

MasseyFerguson wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:15 am
He looks like a sensible choice for the Republic of Ireland. Their squad is filled with players that are solid professionals but with limited star quality.

McCarthy is a manager that, like it or not, organises limited teams to outperform the sum of their parts. It would not surprise me to see him get them to the European Championships.

Good luck to him and them.
True..... solid appointment. Not sure they’re going to become a free-scoring side under Mick.

I guess they’re looking for Mick to get the team spirit together.... not re-invent the wheel.

I got the impression from the 2002 WC debacle with Keane that the country was split 50-50 between Keane and Mick. Could be that Keane loyalists still harbour grudges.... and will stick the knife if results don’t pick up.

Interesting how it works out.... just a mild interest, but glad that Micks got a job so he can move on from the Town job and all the furore from it.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:44 am

Looks like he is only going to be manager until after Euro 2020 then the current Dundalk manager will take over. For the moment the Dundalk manager is going to take on the younger national team. Find all that quite weird. So I guess it’s a 2 year job for Mick.

He has a good name in Ireland however I understand they wanted o Neil out due to his direct style so I’m not sure what they are expecting here. But good luck mick, I hope he does well there even if I think it’s probably an impossible task to get them improving after one campaign

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:51 am

Appointing Mick to improve the style ??? LMFAO.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Been confirmed. 1.2 million for 18 months work.

I suppose Mick doesn’t have to re-locate to Ireland.... since most of the team is from the Championship... or PL... I suppose.

I think the Stephen Kenny under 21 role is a bit like the role for Southgate for England. Sounds great in theory for Kenny taking over in 2020.... but what happens if Kenny’s status falls over the next 18 months.... kind of Hurst-like.

Good luck with the easy on the eye football, Mick.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:34 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:29 pm
Been confirmed. 1.2 million for 18 months work.

I suppose Mick doesn’t have to re-locate to Ireland.... since most of the team is from the Championship... or PL... I suppose.

I think the Stephen Kenny under 21 role is a bit like the role for Southgate for England. Sounds great in theory for Kenny taking over in 2020.... but what happens if Kenny’s status falls over the next 18 months.... kind of Hurst-like.

Good luck with the easy on the eye football, Mick.
plus he wont have to depend on a tight fisted owner to get players, although ancestors my heritage paper work could cost a few pennies LOL.
I hope he does well although a bit limited with good players, back in the day all the home countries were full of top players, well except the Welsh lol

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Another Wolf joins the Irish revolution.Image

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... etirement/

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pm

I think Mick and his team might struggle at Ireland as they don't really have the players in this day and age to be successful. I also think their fans will get fed up of the defensive football Mick will serve up with those players and being the underdog. That being said its harder to not qualify for Euro 2020 than it is to qualify so he has a chance of getting them to a tournament.

Good luck to him, im just surprised he wants to be in charge of a driverless car, wasn't that the reason he left us early? Hes already got someone in to replace him on the same day that he starts. Imagine that happening at a club, seems very strange to me