Chant

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Domhide

Chant

Post by Domhide » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:53 pm

I apologize for my silly optimistic comments before the season started. Shouting “come on lads we can still stay up “. After watching tonight I realize we haven’t a hope. The damage has been done over seasons of neglect and I am afraid I see the thirds tier as a giant sieve through which we will easily pass like sh*t to the bottom tier.

derick_ipsw

Re: Chant

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Domhide wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:53 pm
I apologize for my silly optimistic comments before the season started. Shouting “come on lads we can still stay up “. After watching tonight I realize we haven’t a hope. The damage has been done over seasons of neglect and I am afraid I see the thirds tier as a giant sieve through which we will easily pass like sh*t to the bottom tier.
I think you are slightly over reacting. You are obviously upset. WBA are one of the better sides. The second half performance was better not brilliant but against a lesser team than WBA who knows. Keep the faith .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Domhide wrote:
The damage has been done over seasons of neglect.....
That’s certainly true. After King RK the Tool, the owner lost interest, and the neglect began.

As Deeko boy says though...... must keep the faith.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 pm
Domhide wrote:
I think you are slightly over reacting. You are obviously upset. WBA are one of the better sides. The second half performance was better not brilliant but against a lesser team than WBA who knows. Keep the faith .
Derick a few weeks ago i thought you was a fool, a idiot.. I apologise for last couple of weeks or so reading your posts i actually agree with..

Wish ooh wish we went for PL start of the season.. Paul Hurst.. Well anyway moving on

Just home from the game. Not sure if it was heard on TV but the crowed really stuck with the team. WBA are possibly going up but in that second half we showed we are not buried yet. As Derick says keep faith. I totally am behind manager

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:35 am

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 pm
Domhide wrote:
Derick a few weeks ago i thought you was a fool, a idiot.. I apologise for last couple of weeks or so reading your posts i actually agree with..

Wish ooh wish we went for PL start of the season.. Paul Hurst.. Well anyway moving on

Just home from the game. Not sure if it was heard on TV but the crowed really stuck with the team. WBA are possibly going up but in that second half we showed we are not buried yet. As Derick says keep faith. I totally am behind manager
Certainly know need to apologise but thanks anyway :wink:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Domhide wrote:
No offense but I think you're getting carried away there damn it. You feasibly expect Town to be a League Two outfit some time soon ? I can't see such a thing myself, even (threat of) relegation from the Championship League will eventually distance itself from the current situation.

Hell I remember years back with another club we were in a similar scenario. End position in the league by November - one win up until that time - lo and behold a new manger comes in after another is fired - we end up moving up the league to eventually avoid any relegation issue by Spring, not only that, but win the FA Cup of all things. Safety was assured by a victory at Portman Road of all things just for the irony of purposes.

Bottom line McCarthy and his predecessors made a mess. Hurst was a mistake, we appoint someone new. Marcus Evans isn't for everyone but the situation will remedy itself within sufficient time. I realize people are tired and frustrated with the many years of inactivity and lack of progress at this club - understand all to well - but let's get this sorry season stabilized and view work on progress from the summer and beyond.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:59 pm

If relegation is a very distinct possibility ... then it is what is..... but I’m not worried about the club imploding... and spiralling downwards.

There’s More chance if we did get relegated..... then we’d be at the top or fighting for top six season.

Maybe it would have done us some good if we’d got relegated years ago.... might have had the chance to be re-vitalised, come back stronger... just like many other clubs. Maybe it might have been the jolt that Evans needed to find another buyer... or throw in some investment.

I’d really love it if we can keep up this season. I’ve not given up, but if it happens... lick our wounds and come back stronger.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:22 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm
Bottom line McCarthy and his predecessors made a mess....

McCarthy fixed a mess. The football for the regular attending supporter may have been Shyte, But he didn't have funds to properly build on what he'd fixed.

saint jude wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm
- but let's get this sorry season stabilized and view work on progress from the summer and beyond
......, And Paul Lambert will need help with that also.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:33 pm

I don't know how anyone of sound mind having watched last night can come to the conclusion we are destined for league Two, never mind league One, we were playing a Premier league squad in truth and for the second half at least gave a good account of ourselves, add to that the new manager has been here Three games for god sake and the improvement in all things in that short space of time is clear for all to see, there are loads of games still to come that can be won, people need to be realistic about the games that are going to be beyond us, forget the likes of WBA (H) Stoke (A) Sheff Utd (H) Middlesbrough (A) Villa (A) Derby (H) WBA (A) Sheff Utd (A) and Leeds (H) and concentrate on Bristol City (H) Wigan (H) QPR (A) Millwall (H) Rotherham (H) Blackburn (A) Sheff Wed (H) Norwich (A) Stoke (H) Forest (A) Wigan (A) Reading (H) Bristol City (A) Forest (H) Hull (H) Bolton (A) Brentford (A) Birmingham (H) Preston (A) Swansea (H), if we can find Ten or Eleven wins from that lot it will be job done, I know I can.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:57 pm

A win against BC wouldn’t get us out of trouble..... but what a lift it would give.

If the home fans are on board .... it might seem like it’s a cup final every game. Hopefully, it’s like that on Wednesday.

What I take from last night is we didn’t give up even when we’re outclassed. A few inches away from an equaliser in the last minute.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:32 pm

I know we lost last night and the performance wasn’t brilliant but there were signs of green shoots coming thro, in particular I liked what I saw from Jack Lancaster’s 15mins on the pitch and would like to see more from him. Maybe Teddy Bishop can start earning his corn sometime soon too.

To compare us with WBA and to expect us to match them is bizarre, you only have to look at their bench and see the likes of Dwight Gayle, Gareth Barry & Wes Holahan etc and you see players of a completely different class.

I’m still hopeful we can escape relegation but we have to stay in touch with the likes of Bolton, Hull, Millwall and Reading and that won’t happen unless we can start winning a few games and that has to start happening soon. Wednesdays result will give us a fair indication of our chances and I hope the fans continue to support the team as was evident last night.