GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AylesburyBlue

Re: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 pm

Actually now it’s been mentioned.... some thick prat has been amending my predictions the last 17 weeks

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Mike.

I feel you and I have built up a good friendship on here since I joined this forum and I can assure you that my post yesterday had nothing at all to do with your posts or any of the posts by others on the same thread. My post generated the usual number of puerile and mickey taking comments, but they can carry on, it doesn't hurt me in the slightest. Oh and by the way, I was active on here last evening as I sent a PM to Frosty asking him to remove all record of me from the forum. I was only when I switched my PC on a few minutes ago that I notice nothing has been done.

A number of things have got my goat recently and if that causes offence to some, I'm sorry.

I complained to Frosty several weeks ago about the excessive use of the 'C' . He did mention it, but nothing official was done.
I complained last week to the Administrators about the same thing. I didn't get an acknowledgement, let alone a reply. This is why I no longer enter the caption competition.
As a matter of principle I object to the fact that Moderators (any of them) can edit a post without consulting the author. It is heavy-handed and not right.
As a matter of principle I object to the fact that Moderators (any of them) can lock a thread without any prior warning being issued. That is also not right.

I hope this enlightens some of you.

Do I go and please those who want me gone, or do I stay and p*ss them off even more? I am torn. Perhaps I will be banned. Frankly, I'm not bothered either way.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:01 pm

Stay. Discuss with those you like conversing with. Ignore muppets like me who don’t take it serious.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Billy, I cannot lie, I am pleased that your posts and thoughts had nothing to do with my comments as it was a total joke. I think Dave is the best person to answer your concerns as you have already pmed him and I am not privvy to that convo.

I do think the caption contest has to be taken for what it is, a good bit of harmless fun, I get you dont like certain words but in this context it isnt being used offensively surely ?

Billy we do have the power to moderate posts but none of us have ever done it as we've already explained, I think I can recall Two threads that have been locked in recent times which in the grand scheme of things is pretty good going, any forum will have the same thing available to the Moderators, personally I think we let a hell of a lot go, freedom of speech and all that.

I think you should stay Billy, we are all Town fans at the end of the day and in it together. We have the biggest game in years coming up Wednesday so lets all channel our thoughts into that?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:27 am

barmy billy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 pm
Do I go and please those who want me gone,
Don't really think anyone wants you gone, Billy. Absolutely fantastic, dry sense of humour which is always welcome when you've entered the Don Cup.
barmy billy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:42 pm
.... or do I stay and p*ss them off even more? I am torn. Frankly, I'm not bothered either way.
Now thats confusing on a Monday night while trying to get through this massive pile of paperwork? Torn AND not bothered?

Come back, draw a line under it.........., and COYBs V Bristol City.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 am

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 pm
Actually now it’s been mentioned.... some thick prat has been amending my predictions the last 17 weeks
:lol: :lol: Brilliant.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:23 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 am
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:36 pm
:lol: :lol: Brilliant.
Based on previous seasons I’d have to assume it’s Marko or Frosty and Charnwood and Bluemike are in the clear

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:38 am

Hey......., the only predictions I ever edit are....

Frosty: Marko, shut the hell up , sssshhhh

Oh aye, sorry. :shock:

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Hey Billy - as an occasional poster who was in the wilderness for a year or so (due to my inability to remember my password etc), i have to say i have never seen your posts as anything other than constructive and an honest view of how you are feeling at the time. Me - i can blow hot and cold depending on what is going on in my world (the same as anyone else) and sometimes (as is the nature of social media), things can be misconstrued or taken in a manner they were not meant. Despite being in the IT/Telco industry for 30+ years, i do zero social media (other than this forum and a whatsapp group with my wife and 3 daughters). I find social media a way of people being able to be critical or abusive whilst hiding behind anonimity - something i dislike intensely. However, i joined this forum for a couple of reasons - one was that there seemed to be a quorum of people who really care about my club and secondly, people were also able to have a laugh at themselves and our ups and downs. We (the forum) seem to have had a few issues recently with people either trying to antagonise, trying to make jokes that were not read as intended as well as our usual 'banter'. I think the big social media issue is that you cannot really see what a person is trying to say if you can't see their facial expressions or tone. To that end, i think that what i am trying to say (in a long winded way), is that we are all Town fans at heart and we care - otherwise why would we waste time on this forum or any other? I urge you to please give it another chance - lets all try to get back to ITFC debate, respect each others views and absolutely disagree (constructively) when we disagree! Thats my 2 pence worth and Marko - feel free to take the p*ss if you wish about my heartfelt message - i just want a win tomorrow cos i can't bear the thought of another loss!! We will all be so much happier with 3 points!

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm
Hey Billy - as an occasional poster who was in the wilderness for a year or so (due to my inability to remember my password etc), i have to say i have never seen your posts as anything other than constructive and an honest view of how you are feeling at the time. Me - i can blow hot and cold depending on what is going on in my world (the same as anyone else) and sometimes (as is the nature of social media), things can be misconstrued or taken in a manner they were not meant. Despite being in the IT/Telco industry for 30+ years, i do zero social media (other than this forum and a whatsapp group with my wife and 3 daughters). I find social media a way of people being able to be critical or abusive whilst hiding behind anonimity - something i dislike intensely. However, i joined this forum for a couple of reasons - one was that there seemed to be a quorum of people who really care about my club and secondly, people were also able to have a laugh at themselves and our ups and downs. We (the forum) seem to have had a few issues recently with people either trying to antagonise, trying to make jokes that were not read as intended as well as our usual 'banter'. I think the big social media issue is that you cannot really see what a person is trying to say if you can't see their facial expressions or tone. To that end, i think that what i am trying to say (in a long winded way), is that we are all Town fans at heart and we care - otherwise why would we waste time on this forum or any other? I urge you to please give it another chance - lets all try to get back to ITFC debate, respect each others views and absolutely disagree (constructively) when we disagree! Thats my 2 pence worth and Marko - feel free to take the p*ss if you wish about my heartfelt message - i just want a win tomorrow cos i can't bear the thought of another loss!! We will all be so much happier with 3 points!
Nice post mate

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Thank you, Wilf. You talk a lot of sense. Thanks also to those who have sent me a pm.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:41 pm

Billy, i tend to try and keep out of others disputes. I dont think that anyone on here goes out to offend and if they do they usually make amends pretty sharpish. Its not nice to see that you obviously feel so strongly about thus issue but i hope you can now see that everyone has taken it on board. If i were you i would just try and ignor those that you dont see eye to eye with and carry on with thise you get along with. Easier said than done sometimes i know.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:16 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Kiss A$$

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:59 am

😂😂

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:27 am

Nice to see you back posting again Billy, I’m very pleased you’ve drawn a line and moved on. I’ve not been around much for a while as I’ve been pretty much on it full time travelling and visiting family for the past few days but pleased the dust has settled and everyone seems relatively relaxed again, it’s nice that we can do this as a group.

Hopefully we can have a spell when everyone is happy, although after tonight’s team performance on the pitch and our current dire position in the table I’m sure the next fall out will never be far away, when it happens let’s all hope it can be resolved and moved on at the same pace as your situation did.

Keep posting Billy ✅👍🙏