GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Post by barmy billy » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:25 pm

Sorry folks, but I can be no part of a forum where moderators (themselves no angels) are given the authority to edit posts without having the common courtesy to liaise with authors and give them the chance to amend things themselves.

I'm off.

Billy

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:26 pm

What's been edited then ?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Billy, you’ve got a chip on your shoulder about something ..... not just this.

Far too many mountains out of molehills.

Maybe you have a good point. Couldn’t you work this one out properly without the drama queen exit.

Good luck yourself. Pity.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 pm

From my point of view I am at a loss to know what Billy is on about, yes we may have the power to edit stuff but certainly from my point of view and as far as I can remember I have never edited a post anyone has written, can't speak for the other Mods but I would doubt it has happened very much, if at all.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:37 pm

:lol: That’s a wind up. Either that or Billy’s 10 year old granddaughter has worked out his password.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:18 pm

Really!? I don’t get some people. Massive overreaction from billy. Don’t want to see anyone leave but I agree with Tang. Sorry to see you leave Billy but maybe it’s for the best if your that precious...

To leave for a reason that could happen but never has just seems bizarre but hey ho.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 pm
From my point of view I am at a loss to know what Billy is on about, yes we may have the power to edit stuff but certainly from my point of view and as far as I can remember I have never edited a post anyone has written, can't speak for the other Mods but I would doubt it has happened very much, if at all.
Same. Never edited anything at all.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:48 pm

I’ve not edited a single post either other than a couple of occasions when i’ve helped someone amend a prediction league entry pre deadline. I have locked threads a couple of times to draw a close on arguments turning nasty or removed an abusive thread that overstepped the mark.

I’m sorry Billy but there has to be some control on any public forum and there isn’t always time to communicate with the writer to seek approval and in most cases this would more likely lead to a further argument between the mod and the author.

In the main I think this forum runs well and for 99,99% of the time moderators are completely redundant. If as I suspect, your point is more about who the moderators are then this is a completely different argument which you should take up with Frosty. As far as I’m aware none of us asked to be Moderators, I guess we were chosen as we spend more of our time logged on than most and at the time were the best placed to offer the most coverage.

I may be biased but I think the site generally runs well and is a credit to the owner and the posters, of course there will always be differences of opinion and many different characters and personalities in the mix making their point but that’s one of the characteristics of an open forum that anyone can join.

I’m baffled by your decision Billy and can only assume that you’ve been sitting on the sidelines waiting for the first opportunity to make a dramatic exit and chose this as your moment. Personally I’m sad you’ve chosen to leave this way as I’ve always enjoyed reading your contributions, but in the back of mind I think you’ll be back because if your exit was planned to be permanent they’d be no final post for you to keep logging on to read responses as I know you will. If you don’t then I will be exceptionally surprised and they’d be no point you posting your final “Good Luck Message”.

If you surprise me and never log on again I’ll donate £50 to my chosen charity, in which case Farewell Barmy Billy and thank you from my charity, Children with Cancer UK.

I’m now wondering how long it will be before you log on to take a look to see what reaction you get, my charity of course is hoping that you won’t.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:07 pm

:shock: Wow BB that's a shock, what i suggest is you pm one of the moderators and discuss the situation, and resolve it privately, and i look forward to seeing you on here ASAP :) :)

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:03 pm

Billy I hope you read this and change your mind mate. This Forum needs opinions like yours and if you have got a gripe with the mods the best way to deal with it is to have your say not walk away. So please change your mind your a valuable contributer to the discussions.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Yes BB you'll be sorely missed! I tried to make an exit a few years back because I was tired of the Mick lovers. Alas, I found myself biting my finger nails and staring at the home page of the forum. I couldn't stay away. I'd imagine you'll still be perusing the site during your...hiatus?

As far as the mods are concerned, I think they do a terrific job. Just think about the time and effort they all put into keeping this forum afloat. No I'm not kissing arse, I just realize I wouldn't have the gumption to be a mod because of the workload alone. Tractor-boys.com has become a daily habit for me...and it's especially important to me as I live overseas. It emulates the times I spent in the pubs in Woodbridge and Melton waxing about my beloved football club...and of course the politics of the day.

I hope you eventually reconsider. Your voice has always been a welcome distraction from the 'normal' poster.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:14 pm

If I was going to leave i'd just stop posting. The only reason to announce you're leaving is to hope that everyone says 'please don't go, your posts are always so great'. I'd be disappointed in an eight year old that did that.
Last edited by MasseyFerguson on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Can we set up a search party, maybe if we find his dummy he might stay.....? Most recently seen by some toys outside a pram....

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:56 pm

Looked at the logs, don't believe one of your posts was edited BB which makes your post a little strange.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:09 pm

Billy was last active at 6.03pm lol.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:36 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:09 pm
‘It’s been a couple of hours, I hope they have all begged me to stay...’

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Damn I was hoping charny would be opening his wallet for charity!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Can see the authors point, can be frustrating when posts are amended and those without the capabilities can't pick and choose etc, but you got to put this into some sort of perspective. There's far greater concerns in life, this would appear petty and trivial in all comparison.

You're better off here than TWTD and that's not to kiss anyone's as*, point being we're only a small community and problems that may arise are in truth few and far between. Best advice take a vacation or something, reconsider and continue where left off. Realize actions (or lack of) that are undertaken aren't for everyone but some have been with it long enough now to understand how things work or come to effect.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:20 pm

well I would hate to think I have been involved in losing Billy in anyway, I always classed Barmy Billy as one of the most interesting and Knowledgeable posters on this site. plus his avatar makes even me look almost human :D (well almost)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:59 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:06 pm
Can see the authors point, can be frustrating when posts are amended and those without the capabilities can't pick and choose etc, but you got to put this into some sort of perspective. There's far greater concerns in life, this would appear petty and trivial in all comparison.

You're better off here than TWTD and that's not to kiss anyone's as*, point being we're only a small community and problems that may arise are in truth few and far between. Best advice take a vacation or something, reconsider and continue where left off. Realize actions (or lack of) that are undertaken aren't for everyone but some have been with it long enough now to understand how things work or come to effect.
What is hard to understand about the fact this HASN'T happened ?? :astroll:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:40 pm

AylesburyBlue wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:36 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Listen guys you 2 taking the p*ss is hardly going to help this situation is it. :roll:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:40 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Listen guys you 2 taking the p*ss is hardly going to help this situation is it. :roll:
And yet you take the side of someone who is saying something that isn't true.
All the Mods that have nswered this thread have stated it hasn't happened.
For me thats just reinforcing his false comment.

My answer would be "don't let he door hit your arse on the way out"
But hey thats me

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:59 pm
saint jude wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:06 pm

What is hard to understand about the fact this HASN'T happened ?? :astroll:
Mike - go and check the Town-Baggies thread where you said you had edited a post.
BB also asked Frosty if you could do this and he confirmed it was possible.

You did also point out your comment re editing one of Marko's posts was a joke, but I think this is where you will find the cause of this over the top dummy spit!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 pm

I know what I said, I don't need to check anything, nobody has ever denied it can be done, my comment was in fact a p*ss take after Marko said maybe we wanted to edit his post when he was quite outspoken, hence I said I removed a fullstop. Jesus christ people on here have some serious f**king issues.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:05 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:01 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:40 pm
AylesburyBlue wrote:

And yet you take the side of someone who is saying something that isn't true.
All the Mods that have nswered this thread have stated it hasn't happened.
For me thats just reinforcing his false comment.

My answer would be "don't let he door hit your arse on the way out"
But hey thats me
I am not taking any sides. BB has got the wrong end of the stick over something Bluemike said in jest. But to keep taking the p*ss is not going to entice the lad back . That was my point.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 pm

Can we please have "two weeks notice" of fullstops being removed! :D

Actually, definitely don't want to be the grammar queen here, (as opposed to the drama queen), let's see MORE fullstops! Let us all make it known when our sentences are officially over! :lol:

For the record, Mike was joking asking that this ".........." stops. I think he hates it but I can't help it. Even do that ....... on texts to break up what I'm trying to say.

**** All of the above is in jest. Please do not send the dyslexic police to my door. Pretty sure they'd go to the wrong street anyway, but please! ****

The weekend was AGES ago........, (<------ oopsy!) COME BACK, BILLY. Let us all just move on.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:21 pm
I know what I said, I don't need to check anything, nobody has ever denied it can be done, my comment was in fact a p*ss take after Marko said maybe we wanted to edit his post when he was quite outspoken, hence I said I removed a fullstop. Jesus christ people on here have some serious f**king issues.
Wow.

Someone needs to chill out a bit.

I only mentioned it for all those folks who were wondering what had set BB off. I know you know what you said and posted and it was all in jest and it never happened.

I shall now go and find a suitable birch stick with which to chastise myself for bringing it up :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 pm

I wasn't actually meaning you with the issues. For the record, this all started due to G&B's perfectly innocent post showing the top of the championship table, he was then set upon by Two other posters in a fairly aggressive manner who seem to think that is perfectly acceptable, one of those was told not long back to basically keep his trap shut and behave, not from me I might add. Still they wouldn't let it drop so Marko, in his role as a Mod stepped in, totally correctly in my book, I then made a comment, in support of Marko that I had removed a fullstop by way of moderating his post, meaning I agreed with what he had said, anyone with a brain cell should be able to see it was in jest, a joke, humour, but no it has to be taken out of context and jumped on like its a major issue. Had the Two posters in question not laid into G&B to start with none of this would have happened and Billy would still be around, but I guess it's easier to apportion blame elsewhere.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:51 pm
I wasn't actually meaning you with the issues. For the record, this all started due to G&B's perfectly innocent post showing the top of the championship table, he was then set upon by Two other posters in a fairly aggressive manner who seem to think that is perfectly acceptable, one of those was told not long back to basically keep his trap shut and behave, not from me I might add. Still they wouldn't let it drop so Marko, in his role as a Mod stepped in, totally correctly in my book, I then made a comment, in support of Marko that I had removed a fullstop by way of moderating his post, meaning I agreed with what he had said, anyone with a brain cell should be able to see it was in jest, a joke, humour, but no it has to be taken out of context and jumped on like its a major issue. Had the Two posters in question not laid into G&B to start with none of this would have happened and Billy would still be around, but I guess it's easier to apportion blame elsewhere.
Can't disagree with anything there fella.

Have to say I was ever so slightly surprised with the initial reaction to G&B's post. Nothing like getting hot under the collar for no real reason!

I dare say our current predicament may be vexing some folks a little bit more than they would care to say and any little thing will push their button.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Group hug......