Dozzell

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Dozzell

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Not on the bench last night does anybody know if this was due to injury or a case of him just not being selected?
If it was the latter then all those fans who were criticising Hurst for not picking him may now be wondering why Lambert is not rushing to play him.
I must admit whenever I have watched the lad I have wondered what all the hype is about but then again that is just my opinion.

Tangfastic

Re: Dozzell

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:39 pm

He’s obviously talented and can “pick a pass”.... but is he the type for a relegation battle?

Not sure he’s ready to control a midfield and looks a bit lightweight.

I think Lambert gambled on 3 forwards on the bench to win a game and he preferred Bishop to Dozzell.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Keeping him injury free for biggish money move is my guess.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:19 pm

As long as he spends that money on a GK, 2 defenders and a top quality striker :-)

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 pm
If that happened and the money wasn't invested into team you watch the reaction that would get. IMO he hasn't done enough to earn a move yet anyway and I'm not sure would be willing to put much money on him. Listening to his dad he doesn't seem keen on a move until he's proved himself here at least.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mike
If he was sold in January what sort of fee would you hope we would get for him?
I know he is rated by some in football quarters but I feel that his serious injury and lack of first team appearances at Championship level will affect what clubs are willing to pay for him.
As Charlton has said if this money was then not invested in the team but kept back for other things such as offsetting losses in case relegation happens then the reaction would be shall we say interesting to say the least.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:15 pm

Good question Shed, not long back and pre injury Liverpool and Arsenal were both known to be sniffing around and very keen, at the time silly money upward of 10 million was being mooted in some quarters, however quite where we are now is anyone's guess but i doubt we would get anywhere near that figure, not even half of it. I think there was a lot of truth in the rumour that he was requesting a transfer in January but now Hurst has gone who knows.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Hasn’t done enough to make a prem club buy him.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 am

Dozzell will be still here next season.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:41 am

Could we be in danger again of over-hyping potential as we are so desperate for that special player to make a difference? Maybe just not good enough for the moment.

Good to see Lankester come way under the radar and pushing for a first team place. He was on loan to Bury Town last season, yet doesn’t look out of place when he comes on.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:17 am

Bluemike wrote:

Without more match day experience he’s probably more likely to be worth hundreds of thousands, not millions.