Skuse out for (4?) months

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Skuse out for (4?) months

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 pm

That’s us well and truly stuffed now ffs!!

Don’t know what the injury is but wouldn’t he surprise if it’s still that ankle/ foot injury he sustained at Millwall game .

charlton837

Re: Skuse out for (4?) months

Post by charlton837 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:39 pm

where did the 4 months come from? I know hes out for this weekend but there wasn't much more said about it. If he is out for a long time that would be a big blow in my opinion although im sure some will be happy to see him out for reasons unknown to me.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm

The only thing I can think of is the message has been lost in translation ha ha ...ie

“ Skuse out for a month”

Or misinterpreted as

“ Skuse out for four months”

4 vs for ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 am

Well as we now know he will be out for 2 ( TWO) months . Trev Chalobah better keep playing like he did yesterday then. His best game for us yet! Holding midfielder .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:11 am

How I wish this wasn't true but we have to get on with it, as you say Chalobah was excellent yesterday.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:19 pm

As Ben Franklin said ...”Out of adversity comes opportunity”.....

Maybe yesterday’s replacement Trev Chalobah will allow the team to play in a slightly different way and get us further up the pitch at a quicker pace, only a thought but it could prove to be a blessing in disguise, and not the crisis some expect.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Everybody on this board knows my opinion on Skuse as a footballer, yet I'm not running around in glee because he's injured.
I would not wish injury on anybody, and I sincerely hope he recovers as soon as possible.

But yes, it's a chance now for somebody else to grab the mantle of the holding midfield player and if that results in our game changing a bit and us being more forward-thinking in midfield then that might not be a bad thing at all. If Skuse had been fit yesterday and played, I doubt our performance would have been any better or that the result would have been any different.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Rossi, Skuse has been very good under Lamber, and plays a much further forward looking midfielder under his managership. We NEED his experience in this team, along with another much maligned senior player, Chambers. The other senior players that have needed to be stepping up to the plate, ( Knudsen and Bart), have been woeful and if we sold anyone , I’d rather it was these two individuals.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 pm
Rossi, Skuse has been very good under Lamber, and plays a much further forward looking midfielder under his managership. We NEED his experience in this team, along with another much maligned senior player, Chambers. The other senior players that have needed to be stepping up to the plate, ( Knudsen and Bart), have been woeful and if we sold anyone , I’d rather it was these two individuals.
I'm not sure that those 2 senior players (Skuse and Chambers) are much maligned.
Their almost constant presence in the team over the past 3 or 4 seasons has coincided with our woeful performance over the same period.
Now, you may say that's just coincidence - for me it shows that they are simply not good enough.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:16 pm

I can assure you they are much maligned , especially on twtd and FB. But as is the case with Town fans these days , there is so much infighting, both on FB, and forums and in the stands.

How the hell has this great Club come to this ? Is it just the ridiculous levels of money in the game now that has ripped up the releavtively once level playing field, making perceived success almost an impossibility for 98% of professional Clubs? Or is it fans just expecting the unattainable these days? The only people winning in all this is the small % of absurdly overpaid footballers, who do little in truth for their wealth.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Hallam, it really isn’t all that bad. When I was 26 years old, I went out for 4 months as well. Ok, the marriage ended, but what a superb time that was! Don’t worry so much.

wilnisfan

Post by wilnisfan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:02 am

Skuse and Chambers are known for helping the youngsters through games. We do need the experience to help these youngsters on the pitch.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:31 am

Exactly that, off the pitch too they are fantastic with the youngsters