Distribution of wealth

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Domhide

Distribution of wealth

Post by Domhide » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:25 pm

Who else thinks it is totally unfair that Nearly every Villa game is being televised. Surely this means their income from TV is far greater than clubs like Town. It is not as though they are topping the league. Plus their exposure helps them attract young viewers who, granted, may only be attracted to their sissy colours and may then become lifetime followers that overrated club.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Distribution of wealth

Post by Charnwood » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:27 pm

To be honest i’ve quite enjoyed the Villa games I’ve watched, 46 goals in the last 10 games played takes some beating for entertainment especially the 5-5 draw which was one of the best games i’ve ever watched on television.

I think i’ve watched every televised game involving our team in recent years and if I’m honest most have been quite unmemorable which may explain why we get less coverage. Even our own fans have left Portman Road in droves so to expect neutral fans to watch would be commercial suicide for a television company.

I’m sure as our football improves so will our television air time.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Domhide wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Who else thinks it is totally unfair that Nearly every Villa game is being televised. Surely this means their income from TV is far greater than clubs like Town. It is not as though they are topping the league. Plus their exposure helps them attract young viewers who, granted, may only be attracted to their sissy colours and may then become lifetime followers that overrated club.
Another way of looking at it, the more exposure the Vile get will turn the youngsters into looking 10 miles down the road for a proper club to watch :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:22 pm

If it isn’t Villa, it’s Leeds being shown.

Today’s game was a great one tbh. Really LOVED the late, late, late Leeds winner too. Heard the collective norfluck groan from here! :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Leeds United are (by all accounts) the most featured team on the Sky Sports network for whatever reason. Good enough if you're a fan of the West Yorkshire team but leaving everyone else wondering why the f*ck they're warranting so much coverage.

In any event they're worthy of plaudits right now for preventing the unmentionables being in first place on Christmas Day. That in itself is worthy of congratulation. I don't care too much about Town being shown live or otherwise. One thing (being) we seem to lose more often than not when they do bother to bring the cameras to the game, furthermore I realize from their perspective we're not necessarily a star attraction to feature or it wouldn't garner the same number of expected viewing figures they could bring in from other clubs / fixtures where entertainment / goals would be more prevalent or in abundance.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:54 pm

I hate us being on sky, wouldn't bother me if we were never on again tbh.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:24 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:54 pm
I hate us being on sky, wouldn't bother me if we were never on again tbh.
We never win when we are on that's for sure.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:34 am

Exactly, our record on TV is appalling

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Tv no TV / crowd no crowd. 'R' in the month. There is a serious flaw in this superstition!

wilnisfan

Post by wilnisfan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:58 am

Leeds are playing some good football and likely to be one of the underdog stories next season, that manager can really show what organisation can do for a team. Will be alot of interest next season.

Villa however, have no idea. Maybe the size of away followings due to their location?